Marc Prouchandy Graduated of Master degree´s in hospitality management, he start his career with the Four Seasons Group in Bora Bora and Cannes, then he integrate the Intercontinental Hotel Group in Tahiti and Paris and the Louvre Hotel group in St-Emilion. Greedy of new challenges, he continued his career for Lucien Berrière Group in Deauville and then he went to Thailand to manage an independent hotel for a group of investment and finally come to join Casa Marques in Rio.
4 star boutique
Casa Marques is the result of an environment desire to maintain the sustainable development and the renewable energy. Preserve the natural beauty of the landscape where the hotel is implanted is for us a priority. We want our guest to discover the culture of Rio
History & Story
Casa Marques is located on the hills of the luscious forest of Tijuca. Built in a foundation of a late colonial house, Casa Marques is the result of contemporary and reflect the history of the colonial period by the Portugal in the XVIe
February 2016. Room interior designers : Toz, Tinho, Marcio SWK, Bragga, Gais and Antônio Bokel. Hotel interior designers : Sergio Rodriguez, Jader Almeida and Carlos Motta
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
The incredible view on Christ the redeemer, the privacy , the localization in one of the most typical neighborhood of Rio, the events we programmed especially for the Carnaval, the design of the hotel, the services we provide, the view on the sugar loaf and guanabara bay
Located in Rio de Janeiro in the neighborhood of Santa Teresa. Known as the « artists neighborhood ».. Each room has its own view over Rio, the sugar loaf or Christ the redeemer surounding by an amazing landscape of nature.
Key sites/activities in the area
Visit of Corcovado, Visit of the Christ, tour in the forest of Tijuca, tour in the artists neighborhood, Courses of Samba, typical bars / restaurants / and night clubs, visit of the sugar loaf, quad tour, beaches, shopping, trecking, jet ski, surf lessons, cinemas, jiu jitsu courses.
• The design of the hotel, a luxury place with a modern and comtemporal style. • Originally the hotel was the owner of Santa Teresa casino house, then it was acquired by a famous brazialian rock star Bi ribeiro from para lama do sucesso • The bar manager is a jiu jitsu champion and bring sometimes our guests to do some lessons. • We have designed the Casa Marques Rio best spot map to show our guest our favorite places.
• Number of suites: 9
• Number of Luxury rooms: 3
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 12
Restaurants & Bars
• One Bar Soft drinks, cocktails, wine, champagne
• One Restaurant sign by the Chef Gabriel Amorim Service « A la carte » Specialities from Brazil ( pastels, pão de queijos, feijoada etc ) but also a snack formule ( burgers, salads, pizzas etc )