Hacienda AltaGracia, Auberge Resorts Collection Costa Rica
Hacienda AltaGracia, Auberge Resorts Collection
Contiguo a la Escuela de Santa Teresa de Cajon, Perez Zeledon
Auberge Resorts Collection
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mark Wright. Mark began his hotel career in Bhutan, where he worked with an independent boutique property. He later moved to Aman Resorts starting as Hotel Manager at Amankora’s five lodges in Bhutan, followed by overseeing Amandari in Bali. Prior to hotel operations, Mark served as Director at Ampersand Travel. Mark considers his downtime passions to be hiking, skiing, golfing, reading and cycling.
5 star luxury holistic well-being destination
HACIENDA ALTAGRACIA, AUBERGE RESORTS COLLECTION
History & Story
In November 2021, with the collective vision of new ownership and Auberge Resorts Collection, we will reopen Hacienda AltaGracia, having transformed this beautiful mountain retreat into one of the preeminent well-being and adventure destinations in the world. Inspired by the incredible land and inherent Costa Rican warmth of spirit, our holistic wellness escapes, culinary creations, and immersive adventures have the power to transform and heal mind, body and soul.
2021. Renovations to interior and exterior of casitas and terraces, addition of private pools in many casitas, reimagined restaurants and dining concepts, renewed wellness center in partnership with THE WELL, landscaping, guest spaces, arrival experience and expanded guest experiences.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Holistic rates are inclusive of full board, non-alcoholic beverages and complementary wellness and adventure programming.
• A partnership with leading wellness expert THE WELL transforms the traditional spa experience with an integrated approach, showcasing high-tech and locally inspired treatments, encouraging mindfulness beyond the walls of the wellness retreat.
• Our programming and bespoke approach distinguish Hacienda AltaGracia’s guest experience with personalized itineraries and service.
• Home to a variety of horses, “Los Establos” is the central hub for the resort’s world-class equine program, which includes experiences such as riding excursions, lessons and cutting-edge equine therapy.
In the mountains of Pérez Zeledón in the southern region of Costa Rica, Hacienda AltaGracia is perched among rolling hills, with sweeping views of the San Isidro Valley and the nearby mountains. Approximately 3-hour drive from San Jose or 30 minutes via air, transfers are arranged directly with the resort.
Key sites/activities in the area
• ‘El Rio,’ the resort’s built-in playground, provides guests opportunity to explore the local flora and fauna across miles of hiking trails, experience a natural bath in the Calientillo River, or climb among the tallest trees in the property’s tropical secondary forest in search of epic views from a hidden canopy.
• Local farm & culinary experiences, including a coffee tour and tasting at Hacienda AltaGracia’s on-property coffee plantation or neighboring coop, visit to the weekly agricultural market or local farms, culinary workshops and adventure dining experiences.
• Traditional Costa Rican lunch at a neighboring family farm.
Hacienda AltaGracia is located adjacent to one of the five “Blue Zones » in the world, where locals live to more than 100 years of age.
Number of suites: 50 Casitas, each include:
Large picture windows
Private terrace with panoramic views
• Casitas (available in King or Double)- 788 sq.ft. A beautiful wood paneled ceiling and locally crafted accessories channel the region’s style in this inviting suite, featuring a lounge.
• Casa (King)- 1314 sq.ft. Our Casa provides a serene and comfortable place to kick back. The private terrace offers stunning views of the mountainous foothills, allowing for indoor-outdoor living. Plenty of space to enjoy a morning coffee or in-casa dining.
• Casa con Piscina (King)- 1314 sq.ft. Our Casa con Piscina provides a serene and comfortable place to kick back. The personal heated plunge pool with sun deck and loungers adds an additional layer of luxury and relaxation to this stand-alone accommodation.
• Casona con Piscina (King)- 1798 sqft. Whether from the heated plunge pool or oversized swinging bed, guests are encouraged to disconnect from the frenzy of modern life. Featuring an entrance hall with bespoke bar and living room to spacious bathroom with deep-soak tub to the bedroom, featuring a canopied bed and vaulted ceiling.
• Casita Grande (King and 2 Queen) 1578 sq.ft. Get the best of both worlds – privacy and separation whilst still being housed under one roof. This joint accommodation features two separate suite-style bedrooms, allowing families with older children or friends travelling together to stay close without compromising their own comfort.
• Casa Grande (King and 2 Queen) 1798 sq.ft. This casa combines the authentic hacienda lifestyle with unrivalled space. Two grand bedrooms, flank a vaulted living room overlooking the private terrace. Rich design details and the stone terrace with oversized swinging bed — turn this accommodation into a one-of-a-kind tropical mountain hideaway.
• Casa Grande con Piscina (King and 2 Queen) 1798 sq.ft. A plunge pool with sun loungers provide the perfect respite for the afternoon after an active morning. Two grand bedrooms, flank a vaulted living room overlooking the private terrace. Rich design details turn this accommodation into a one-of-a-kind tropical mountain hideaway.
Restaurants & Bars
Holistic rates include full board and non-alcoholic beverages at all restaurants and in-casita
• Grano- Hacienda AltaGracia’s signature restaurant, adjacent to the chef’s garden with a focus on whole, locally sourced, sustainable ingredients with menus adapted to the season.
• Cienfuegos – Open-fire grill, where food will be served family style as guests enjoy a traditional Costa Rican horse show right from their tables.
• Picoteo- A poolside eatery, a menu of fresh, light offerings.
• Las Brisas- Located at the adult only pool, this laid back rancho bar is where cocktail culture reigns.
• Mercado – a coffee bar offering an array of options, including an all-day menu featuring grab-and-go items.
THE WELL at Hacienda AltaGracia will introduce a wellness experience like no other, bringing advanced therapies and integrating local healing traditions to life in a breathtaking setting. With over 20,000 square-feet of amenities, the integrated holistic approach draws from thousands of years of healing rituals.
• Casa de Agua- A greenhouse-style pool and therapy room with heated stone beds for natural clay treatments and relaxation, which overlooks rolling hills and a lush treetop canopy.
• Eight treatment rooms, hydrotherapy tub and a thermal suite for integrative mind and body treatments.
• Outdoor mindful movement classes and an on-property healing garden.
• Fitness Center
Other amenities include a family pool and an adult only pool with daybeds, sunset terrace, and large fire pit overlooking the San Isidro Valley.
Corporate & Celebration Events
Hacienda AltaGracia welcomes group & social events for bespoke experiences including private dining and a multitude of private event spaces. Group adventures, team building experiences and excursions can be customized based on varying needs.
Number of employees