Hotel Charleston Santa Teresa Colombia
Hotel Charleston Santa Teresa
Carrera 3 No 31 – 23 Centron plaza santa teresa cartagena, Colombia
Hoteles Charleston SAS
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
5-star Luxury – The Leading Hotels of the world
Position as a benchmark in the luxury hotel industry in Cartagena and the Caribbean, mixing service, history, luxury and modernity
HOTEL Charleston Santa Teresa
History & Story
At the heart of one of the world’s most beautiful cities, the Santa Teresa hotel combines colonial Spanish influences with Colombian Caribbean multicultural flair to offer a uniquely special experience for guests. Housed within one of Cartagena’s most historically significant buildings, dating back to the late 16th century, it has stood the test of time during which the city has been transformed from a strategic Caribbean port to the jewel in Colombia’s tourism crown and, indeed, one of the top places to visit in all of South America.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
- Rooftop pool & Solarium
- Wellness SPA
- Romantic venues (colonial courtyards, chapel)
Historical center of Cartagena de indias, Colombia
Key sites/activities in the area
Key Sites :
- San Pedro Claver Church, Santo Domingo Square, San Felife Castle, Torre del Reloj Square, Rosario Island, Baru Island, Tierrabomba island
- Walking tours, photography tours, city tours, day trip to island, bay yatch tour, spa & Salsa Clases, Tastings (rum, fruits, tobacco, coffee), nightlife tour.
- Junior Suites (6 suites): Elegant spaces with exclusive design, located in the Republican building. They provide wide spaces for relaxation with a living room, the interior is decorated with luxury details and has large windows overlooking the colonial facades of the historic center and the central courtyard.
- Colonial Suite (5 suites): Unique and exclusive suites with integrated spaces located in the colonial convent, they preserve the details of the historic building and combine the luxury and facilities of a space specially decorated for rest with a view over the colonial streets and facades.
- Master Suite (2 suites): Exclusive, elegant and spacious suites located on the top floor of rooms of the Republican building. They have a modern décor and create a luxurious Caribbean atmosphere in their living room and dining room. Their balconies, which overlook the Caribbean Sea and the modern city feature historic architectural details.
- Grand Suite (3 Suites): Located in the republican building, these spacious and sophisticated suites offer a comfortable bedroom, living room and separate dining room with an impressive view of Plaza Santa Teresa, the iconic walls and the Caribbean Sea.
- Premium Balcony room (11 luxury rooms): Rooms with an exclusive interior design, located in the Republican building. They provide a luxury cozy space and the charm of the Caribbean on their balconies overlooking the central courtyard.
- Premier Deluxe room (24 luxury rooms): Sophisticated rooms with large spaces, located the Republican building, their abundance of natural light allows you to enjoy a magnificent view of the colonial facades, historic center, walls, the Caribbean Sea and the modern city.
- Classic Courtyard room (24 rooms): Located in the Republican building and/or the colonial convent, they are finely decorated and have views of the internal corridors, arcades and the iconic courtyards in the center of the buildings
- Superior Twin room (12 rooms): Rooms of unique and elegant style, located in the colonial convent and the republican building. They combine a contemporary design and modern decoration with great views of the historic walls and the old city of Cartagena.
Restaurants & Bars
- Harry’s Cartagena Restaurante – International food – Chef Harry Sasson
- La Terraza Restaurante – International & Sea Food
- La Palza Restaurante – International & Light Food
- Santa Teresa SPA
- Outdoor Swimming pool
- Fitness Center
Corporate & Celebration Events
- La Capilla ballroom – 220 pax – audiovisual, catering, decoration, music, lighting
- Republicano meeting room – 30 pax – audiovisual – catering
- Monasterio boardroom – 10 pax – audiovisual – catering
Extra Notable Features
- Cooking & cocktail class
- Fruit, Rum, Tobacco & Coffee tasting
- Yoga, Gong & meditation sessions
- Historical City tour
Hotel and restaurant Awards
- Award of Excellence 2019 – Condenast
- Colombia’s Leading Boutique Hotel 2014 – World Travel Awards
- Colombia’s Leading Boutique Hotel 2013 – World Travel Awards
Number of employees