Ka’ana Resort Belize
Mile 69 ¼ George Price Highway,
San Ignacio Cayo District,
Privately Owned by Don Fernando Paiz
Date of Creation
21st September 2007
Hotel General Manager
Ka’ana Resort is a passion project for the General Manager, Wolfgang Brandl, since March 2015.
– Director of F&B. Ramee Group of Hotels Bahrain Sept 2014 to Feb 2015
– Director of F&B. Conrad Maldives Aug 2012 to Aug 2014
– Director of F&B. Habtoor Grand Dubai June 2011 to July 2012
– F&B Manager. Hilton Fiji Aug 2009 to May 2011
– F&B Manager. Hilton Seychelles Aug 2009 to May 2011
– F&B Manager Radisson Hotel Bahrain Sept 2006 to Oct 2008
– F&B Manager Labourdonnais Hotel and Suffren Resort Mauritius Aug 2005 to July 2006
– Hotel Positioning: 4-Star Boutique
– Luxury Brand: SLH- Small Luxury Hotels of the World
History & Story
– Ka’ana Resort opened in September 2007 with 15 rooms (Balam & Casita)
– Several years later the 2 private villas were built and put into operation
– The organic garden was put into place, initially 1 acre. We are now having 2 acres and will expand to 2.5-3 this year 2019
– Mayan cooking class was introduced in 2015 and rebuilt/upgraded regularly since then
– Villas were constructed in 2012 and Balam rooms were refurbished in 2017
– Chicken & sheep farm was implemented in 2017
– A new water well gotten into operation in 2018
– All wooden desks for casita rooms have been rebuilt in 2018
– Programs: Tree project, Community Outreach
Date added extensions
2012 : 2 PrivateVillas
Main Strengths, Special Touch
– The Only Small LuxuryResort in Belize; Focusingon Cultural and ExperientialHospitality Service.
– Proximity to the main highlight and activities in Belize
– Strong sustainability and community practices
– The only English speaking Central American country
Central America, bordering the Caribbean Sea on the East, Guatemala on the West & South, and Mexico on the North.
Key sites/activities in the area
Key Sites :
– 5 NearbyMaya Temples
– Caves and Waterfalls
– Nature Reserves
– The Belize Zoo
Key Activities: Horseback Riding, Cave tubing, River Canoeing, Ziplining, Bird-watching, Belizean Chocolate Making, Ceramic Making
– 2 -Acre OrganicGarden: Features local, organic products. It offers guests the opportunity to experience the mystic energy of Belize through traditional spa services as well as holistic Reiki healing and local specialty treatments like Maya Abdominal Massage.
– 1,000 Bottle Wine Cellar: The largest wine cellar in western Belize. We thoughtfully curate world-class wines exclusively for the enjoyment of our guests, focusing on small-production, New World selections.
– Number of suites: 4 Master Suite: 700 square feet (65 sq. meters)/ 6 Casita Suite: 400 Square feet (37 sq. meters) / 5 Balam Suite: 300 Square feet (28 sq. meters)
Amenities for all Room Type:
– Room service
– Twice daily and “on demand” housekeeping services
– Complimentary ironing service
– Plasma flat-screen TV
– iPod docking station
– Complimentary Wi-Fi
– In-room safe
– Plush robes
– Hair dryer
– Number of Luxury rooms: 2 Private Villas: 1 Bedroom Pool Villa: 1,250 square feet (116 square meters)/ 2 Bedroom Pool Villa: 2,500 square feet (232 square meters)
Extra villa Amenities:
– Personal butler
– Designated housekeeper
– Private dining options
– Personal pre-stocked outdoor wet bar
– Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 17 Units
Key Special Features:
Master Suites:An enclosed garden and private outdoor showerwith individual front and back decks.
Casita Suites:Offering tropical garden views, strikes the perfect balance between privacy and modern luxury.
BalamSuites:Luxurious, hacienda-style home, each with a private entrance and lovely outdoor sitting area overlooking the pool or tropical gardens.
Private Villas 1 & 2:Designed to provide the ultimate in luxury while integrating the property’s natural beauty.
Restaurants & Bars
– La Ceiba Restaurant: Celebrated for its farmhouse design and chef-driven menu offering both Half and Full-board. Featuring local and international cuisine, our full-service dining room pays tribute to seasonal ingredients, most of which are sourced from Ka’ana’s on-site organic garden.
– The Wallace Lounge: A jungle-casual atmosphere with an artisanal twist. Our mixologists take pride in crafting inventive cocktails as well as refreshing variations on classics, all flavoredwith herbs from our on-site garden.
– SwimmingPool: “An oasis in the jungle for both kids and adults” 1 foot and 5 feet respectively.
– 2 Spa rooms: Features local, organic products. It offers guests the opportunity to experience the mystic energy of Belize through traditional spa services as well as holistic Reiki healing and local specialty treatments like Maya Abdominal Massage.
Extra Notable Features
– Private Maya Cooking Class on-site
– Private Yoga Class on-site and at near-by Maya temples
Hotel and restaurant Awards
– 2015 & 2016 Winner of World Travel Awards Mexico & Central America’s Leading Boutique Resort
– Trip Advisor’s Certificate of Excellence 2016
– Trip Advisor’s Travellers’Choice Award 2015
– Trip Advisor’s Travellers’ Choice Award 2017
– 2017 Winner of World Travel Awards Mexico & Central America’s Leading Boutique Resort
Number of employees