Kurà Design Villas
Kurà Design Villas
Uvita, Osa, Province of Puntarenas
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Silvia Solis – Silvia holds a Master in Biology and studies in Bussiness Administration; she has been working in tourism for the past 8 years, lived and travelled in different countries in America, Europe and Oceania. She manages Kura since May of 2017.
Sustainable Luxury Boutique Hotel
Best five star Luxury hotel for adults-only in Uvita, located near the only Maritime National Park in Costa Rica, known for the Whale whatching occuring twice a year.
KURÀ DESIGN VILLAS
History & Story
Built by the owners, a Costa Rican couple, Kurà represents a dream come true. Every minimalist Jungle Suites offers spectacular views of the famed Whale’s Tail, Rainforest and Pacific ocean in the distance. Kurà is Costa Rica’s only contemporary hideway; it features all the creature comforts of «casual cosmopolitan», a culinary philosophy focused on local produce and traditional cuisine, a full-service spa, and iconic infinity pool.
October 1st 2017, Arquitech Martin Wells
Date added extensions
Octiber 1st 2017, two Master Suites
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Intimate eco-friendly boutique hotel with luxury hillside suites, salt-water infinity pool, private panoramic terraces at canopy level and two Master Suites with private infinity pools. Tailor-made experiences for romantic getaways and honeymoons.
Located in the lush Uvita hills, just a short way from Manuel Antonio National Park. Kurà overlooks the Pacific Ocean, the untouched beaches of the Marino Ballena National Park and the famous Whale’s Tail sandbar formation.
Key sites/activities in the area
Visit more than seven national parks in the immediate area including Corcovado National Park, home to 3% of the world’s biodiversity, Marino Ballena National Park for humpback whale watching. Scuba dive or snorkel at Caño Island Biological Reserve. Surf or stand-up-paddle along 35km of coastline. Kayak inthe mangroves. Horseback riding or hike to Nauyaca waterfalls. Near 7 beaches featuring caves and sandy costaline.
Connect with our traditions, cooking classes, learn how to prepare our signature cocktail, experience the species from our kitchen, walk through our small private orchard
Adults only, 16+ year old accompanied by an adult
Number of suites (total number of keys): 8
– Spectacular views of the famed Whale’s Tail, Pacific Ocean and Rainforest
– Private panoramic terrace
– Oversized hammock made for two
– Custom designed, natural fiber floating beds
– Glass, double rainfall shower with ocean views
– Daily morning housekeeping service and evening candlelit turndown service
– Binoculars, music docking station, robes, natural and sumptuous toiletries
– Air conditioning and ceiling fans
– Minibar, wine cooler and espresso machine
Restaurants & Bars
•Diablitos Bar and Lounge
•Open-air Restaurant (Daily breakfast included)
•Half-board (just lunch or dinner) or full-board (lunch and dinner) plans available
•Private dining available
• Saltwater infinity pool with underwater seating and views to the iconic Whale’s Tail natural sand formation.
• Spa Shà – open-air spa with full ocean-views, featuring local botanical products and rejuvenating treatments.
• Restaurant maximum seating: 20 guests
• Kurà all to yourself event packages available (Full-Resort reservations)
Extra Notable Features
• Private romantic dinners at Sky Lounge
• Cooking class available
• Scuba diving, Nature Hikes, Surf Lessons, stand-up-paddle, kayak, ATV
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Trip Advisor Travelers Choice 2017
• National Geographic, World Legacy Earth Changer’s Award 2017 Winner (Cayuga Collection)
Trip Advisor Traveler’s Choice 2015 and 2014
The Smith Hotel Awards 2013
Number of employees