Llao Llao Hotel & Resort
Rio Negro, Argentina
Llao Llao Hotel & Resort, Golf – Spa
Av. Bustillo Km. 25 – (R8401ALN)
S. C. de Bariloche, Río Negro, Argentina
The hotel was born together with the creation of the Nahuel Huapi National Park in 1934, the location selected for its stunning natural beauty and for being an ideal setting for a golf course. The Llao Llao Hotel was inaugurated on January 9th, 1938 and in 1997 was bought by its current owners.
The Hotel development strategy aims to achieve luxury and excellence in the hospitality industry and is part of The Leading Hotels of the World.
LLAO LLAO HOTEL & RESORT
History & Story
Decorated in a warm country style, the hotel has retained the charm of its historical heritage in its breathtaking views, the rich smell of wood and the atmosphere of a unique alpine resort, surrounded by lakes and mountains, in one of the most beautiful settings in the world.
In November 2007, the « Moreno Wing” was opened, featuring 43 Deluxe Studio Rooms and Suites. This new area has its own vehicular entrance, reception lounge, concierge service and access to all hotel services.
The hotel is a captivating experience in itself, with its privileged location, 360º of panoramic natural beauty, a wide variety of activities that allow guests to enjoy the Patagonian spirit, and a remarkable and friendly staff always committed to make guests feel at home.
Our establishment can boast:
• Service excellence.
• Gourmet cuisine.
• Leading Spa (Leading Hotels of the World)
• 18-hole golf course, with 360° panoramic Lake and Mountain view.
• Several times awarded as Best Resort in Latin America.
Located in the San Carlos de Bariloche Lakes District, Patagonia, Argentina, South América, the Hotel is in the midst of the Nahuel Huapi National Park, close to Puerto Pañuelo.
• Llao Llao Municipal Park, Nahuel Huapi Lake, Moreno Lake
• Llao Llao Hotel & Resort 18-hole Golf Course
• Pañuelo Port / Lake crossing tours
• San Eduardo Church
And within Driving distance :
• San Carlos de Bariloche City, Civic Center, Cathedral
• “Circuito Chico” (“Small sightseeing tour)
• Colonia Suiza Village, Nahuel Huapi Nacional Park, Tronador Mountain, Catedral Mount Ski Center, Campanario Mount Panoramic Point, Puerto Blest, Alerces Waterfall, Cántaros Waterfall, Victoria Island, Myrtles Forest, Leones Mount with Condor watching and rupestrian art, Frías Lake, Mascardi Lake, Seven Lakes Road
The Lla Llao has hosted major international events, Presidents summits, Heads of State visits, highest level social and protocol events.
The hotel has a total of 205 rooms, from standard category to Presidential Suite. 162 rooms are in the historical Bustillo building and 43 belong to the new Moreno Wing, with Studios and Luxury Suites, a Royal Suite and 2 Master Suites, displaying breathtaking views of Moreno Lake and Mount Tronador.
All rooms and suites have telephone, cable TV, safety box, laundry and valet services. At the Bustillo main Building some suites have a fireplace and balcony. Rooms have mountain, garden or lake views.
43 new deluxe
In the Moreno Lake Wing, they feature air conditioning, compartmentalized bathroom, Jacuzzi, and wide windows and terraces with panoramic views of the surrounding Patagonian landscape. All suites in this wing have a fireplace.
Rooms and studios
They are decorated in a refined Campagnard style. The furniture built in Argentina with solid cherry wood and Chilean pine veneer displaying grain and knot, in light tones matching the pine and hemlock originally used for the hotel doors.
In darker wood tones, furnished with poster canopy beds and colour schemes suiting all tastes — blue, lavender, bright red, water green and soft mint.
Bathrooms are decorated with stencil borders matching the curtains, mirrors provide a sense of space and larger surfaces. German ceramic lighting fixtures or specially-designed classic silver-plated ones are used.
Restaurants & Bars
• Winter Garden – it is the ideal place to enjoy the Salad Bar or the delicious Llao Llao Tea. A majestic glazed space that shows the beauty of the Patagonian landscape. The Winter Garden boasts stone floor and walls, rattan furniture, iron tables with marble and granite tops. The chandeliers, designed especially for the Hotel, as well as the ironwork, have a beech leaf motif.
• Patagonia – On on the main floor, it offers Lunch ‘á la carte’, several special menus. In the evenings, with advanced booking, guests can enjoy an exquisite cheese or chocolate fondue.
It is a cozy space in a relaxed atmosphere, ideal for families
• Lobby Bar – It is the place to enjoy in the evening, with a great variety of cocktails or a glass of champagne to sip leisurely by one of the two huge country fireplaces. Decorated as a hunting lodge, with antler chandeliers and leather upholstery, it features an impressive bar with a green Italian Alps marble top of classic lines.
• Club House – Located in the golf course area, it offers delicious sandwiches, tea blends, cakes and home-made jams. The Club House allows a privileged view of the wonderful scenery, inviting guests to a rewarding break.
The Spa, Leading Spa member, has the perfect combination of nature and technology. The most modern techniques in facial and body programs both for men and women blend with delicate aromas and scents creating the perfect atmosphere for relaxation and enjoyment.
We strongly recommend the Llao Llao experience SPA programme, a detoxifying and revitalizing program. The benefits of chocolate and its exotic scent, combined with an exclusive four-hand massage, hydrotherapy and facial moisturizing create a unique moment.
Indoor swimming pool with Jacuzzi and infinity outdoor swimming pool, both carefully integrated, so that guests can enjoy swimming all year round.
Corporate and celebration events
Llao Llao Hotel & Resort, specializes in providing customized programs that let you blend work with recreational activities in a natural setting of unparalleled beauty, thereby enhancing participants’ skills. The Llao Llao Hotel has created special programs called Conventions with Leisure. The proposal is to work in a more relaxing atmosphere, alternating work with leisure activities and nature tours, where people may work off their tension, renew their energy and work with a clearer mind, modifying long-standing mental structures and increasing the ability to surprise themselves. Recreational activities are tailored to the group profile so as to optimize the quality of the stay.
The Llao Llao organizes tailored parties for the enjoyment of the guests with family or friends. Be it a children’s party, anniversary, birthday, weddings or any other celebration,Llao Llao Hotel & Resort makes the necessary arrangements for the menu, live shows, Disc Jockey and day tours.
Hotel & Chef Awards
• Condé Nast Johansen Awards 2013
• Travellers’ Choice 2013,Trip Advisor
• World’s Best Awards Readers’ Survey, Travel + Leisure 2012
• Best Argentinean Resort and Spa, World Travel Awards 2012.
• Golden Fork « Looking for the Argentinean Menu » Hotelga 2011.
• Chefs Federico Domínguez Fontan – Mauro Trinarolli – Sebastián Seballos – Camila Carranza.
• Institutional Book LAN 2012 – Federico Domínguez Fontan.
• Jury at INACAP tournament – Chile, Puerto Montt 2012 – Federico Domínguez Fontan.
• Argentinean and International cooking programmes on Television – Federico Domínguez Fontan y Gustavo Villoldo.
Number of employees
Llao Llao Hotel & Resort employs 400 persons.