MOVICH CARTAGENA DE INDIAS
Movich Cartagena de Indias
Calle VélezDaníes # 4 – 39, Centro Histórico
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Lia Osorio Gallo
Business administrator, specialist in tourism and is currently being trained as a « manager coach », has worked for more than 15 years in the hotel industry and has a great recognition for his dedicated work, throughout his experience has held very important positions Such as: El Marques Boutique Hotel, Ananda Hotel and the Tcherassi Hotel + Spa where she has consolidated her experience in luxury boutique hotel of high standard, professionalism placed at the hands of Movich Cartagena service of Indias Small Luxury Hotel of the World since 3 years.
Small Luxury Hotels of the World
• Customer Centricity
• Human Resources
MOVICH CARTAGENA DE INDIAS
History & Story
• 2009 – Purchase of Hotels: Cartagena de Indias
• 2010 – Set-up Parent Company: Global Hotels Corporation
• 2011 – 1) Purchase of: Hotel InterContinental Medellin, Hotel Las lomas, Hotel de Pereira
– 2) Brand launch: Movich Hotels
• 2012 – Purchase of: Movich Chico 87, Bogota, Movich Casa del Alferez, Cali
• 2013 – 1) TEKA Capital equity fund became shareholder of: Global Hotels Corporation
– 2) Project to renovate and redecorate: Since 2013, the company tarted a Project To renovate and redecorate all of its hotel
• 2014 – Inauguration of: Hotel Movich Buro 26, Bogota/ New brand Image and logo
• 2015 – Inauguration of: Hotel Movich Buro 51, Baranquilla / Peccati – Las Lomas Restaurant / New Design Pereira, Las Lomas and Cartagen / Lauch the loyalty program Movich Dreams
• 2016 – 1) Movich Las Lomas Hotel expansion project beginning: 111 additional guest rooms / Additional Meeting room capacity.
– 2) Movich Cartagena expansion & renovation: new meeting room/new gym & Spa facilities / Restaurant opening Alyzia
– 3) InterContinental Hotel renovation
– 4) Opening Bar – Tipsy Bird, Pereira
• 2017 – Miami, USA
Recently renovated by Architect Jaime Angel, Movich Cartagena de Indias retains the casual and cool luxury of the caribbean. West arted work in october 2016 unti lnovember 2017.
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Strategic location in the most exclusive area, Rooftop bar with the best view of the city, modern meeting room, gym and spa.
Cartagena: Visited annually by more than seven million tourists, and declared as a National Patrimony of Colombia in 1959, and declared as Historical and cultural patrimony of humanity by UNESCO in 1984, Cartagena de Indias is the Fifth most important city of Colombia.
Distance from the International Airport Rafael Nuñez – Hotel: 3 Km (15 minutes aprox).
Key sites/activities in the area
To be able to enjoy the magic and the history of this wonderful destination, the hotel offers touristic plans, and programmed activities through the more emblematic sites of the city, provided the best service to live a luxurious experience. We can also accommodate or include activities suited to the specific needs and desires of our customers.
• Getting to see Cartagena’s bay
• Luxurious rum’s and chocolate’s tasting
• Bicycle tour around the historic downtown
• Helicopter flight to the lost city.
• Tailored-made golf
• Cartagena’s streets
• Saint Felipe’s castle
• San Diego’s Baluarte
It is Movich Hotels loyalty program, designed to thank the preference of itsfrequent clients. This program allows you to earn points for every night spent and redeem them for overnight stays at any of our hotels.
The hotel does not have an area reserved for the exclusive use of children. However they become very important guests for us from the moment of their arrival, our butler receives them with ice cream and biscuits, and is personally responsible for booking activities in the city.
• Superior room: 14 rooms with a king bed
• Superior twin: 5 rooms with 2 twin beds.
• Luxury Room: 9 rooms with King size bed
• Premium Room: 3 rooms with king bed, desk, living room and 2 chairs
• Bayside suite: 1 suite with private balcony looking at the city, a bathroom with tub with hydro jets.
Restaurants & Bars
• ALYZIA RESTAURANT
The restaurant offers dishes inspired on the Mediterranean coast, especially from Italy, France, Spain and Greece. A high quality gastronomical experience in a casual atmosphere. The pleasure in really in the view and the surprise of each moment.
Through this concept our visitor will experience 4 special moments: when they come in, ordering, when they are served and when they leave. They’ll experience a flavor explosion, design, colors and atmosphere. An experience impossible not to belived.
• TERRACE– BAR OCEANIKA
Located on the 6th floor of the hotel, has a panoramic view of the historical downtown and surroundings, without anydoubts is the best view of Cartagena. Best place to see the most beautiful sunsets together with the best gin-tonics in the city.
The menu has typical dishes, and grill during lunch, shrimp cocktails and a variety of tapas during supper. Besides a great variety of cocktails and liquor.
Ideal for day time exclusive and unique events. The Terrace /Bar with a pool and a Jacuzzi is located on the top floor of the hotel, it has an amazing panoramic view of the sea, the most beautiful roof tops of the historic area, and a view of the Cartagena’s bay.
The spa has a unique and specific portfolio of care treatments for the total comfort and renovation of the whole body. It’s a proposal for a spiritual, mental, emotional and physical integration that will allow a perfect harmony and balance.
Corporate & Celebration Events
The hotel has a room for any event or social or corporative gatherings. We can offer a variety of food in a banquet portfolio from which you can get a menu of your choice based on your special needs or type of event.
Extra Notable Features
Airport- Hotel-Airport transportation service in deluxe cars (Previous reservation by customer with an additional charge).
Monday to Sunday from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Number of employees