Origins Luxury Lodge Costa Rica
Origins Luxury Lodge
Pueblo Nuevo, Bijagua, Alajuela,
Costa Rica 21304
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Claudia Silva. Born and raised in Mexico, City. Degree in the Hotel Business School in Mexico and MBA at the Ecole Hotelier Geneva. A 22 years experience within diferent independance hotels and chains, SBM, FSHR, SLH, Mukul Resort, background on Sales, PR & Marketing, strong rel Press+TI
5 star luxury boutique hotel. We are brand new!
Origins Luxury Lodge
History & Story
The owner bought the land without intention of building anything, and without stepping foot on the estate in 2015. A first time traveler to Costa Rica, he discovered the place physically months later and was impressed by the untouched beauty of the place and the sense of going back to the origin of life. The land needed to be handcrafted, a master piece that melts with the nature symphony of animals, flora & fauna, birds, wind, & natures sounds. Origins was born with the idea of creating circular buildings as our Pre-Colombian Indian groups where energy comes in with the sunrises and goes out with the sunsets.
Brand new !
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Immerse with nature, total privacy, remote location, sustainable, small, community liaisons, exquisite gastronomy, a place to feel it, live it and vibe it. Melted in harmony with nature and all luxury comforts. Quiet and elegant, perfect for couples, adventure, and groups of friends.
Pueblo Nuevo is the name of the neighbourhood, next to Bijaguatown. Sits on the lower part of the tenorio volcano.
Key sites/activities in the area
On site activities: horseback riding, cooking classes, nocturnal tour, flora & fauna tour, medicinal plants tour, lagoon fishing, hiking to waterfall “Oro”, organic garden tour.
Off site: Rio Celeste Tour, Cocoa Tour & make your own chocolate, stand up paddle on the Pizote River, kayaking on Niño River, Caño Negro boat tour, rafting through Frio River, tubing along Zapote River, floating along Niño River, lazy tubing Pizote River, and Dear Caverns
For a nature lover, learn and see all types of insects and interesting flora. Many different types of frogs, Origins is a very energetic place, we have the stone hill full of big rocks with impressive energy on the top. We have helped our Mares (Female Horse) to give birth to their littles ones. 500 baby pineapples in our Farm! And our special Gaspar fish which is endemic & a prehistorian species.
• Number of suites: 6 luxury lodges. 100 sq. mts + terrace, handcrafted canopy bed with a unique 180° view over the forest and the lake of Nicaragua & your wood-ﬁre heated jacuzzi on the terrace, hand-carved sofa and relaxing chairs. Expanded bathroom with double sink, shower and outdoor shower. Minibar, safe, French press, tea pot, vanity bath set, bathrobes, slippers, hairdryer, raincoats, umbrellas, lamps.
• One villa, under the name of Villa Vertigo. 220 sq. mts + terrace / aerial living. Suspended amongst the tree tops, overlooking the tropical valley, the Volcanoes & the grandeur of Nicaragua Lake. Vast terrace with huge fire-heated jacuzzi, fully equipped kitchen with top of the line appliances, custom designed living room, dedicated room service.
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 7
Restaurants & Bars
•El Salto Restaurant & lounge Bar: a cozy setting, tranquil space, with breathtaking views over the untouched forest, the estate, lake of Nicaragua, and volcano. Impressive sunsets from the sky view lounge. The social core of Origins with a billiard space in one side and pool in the other. All furniture’s and appliances by unique designed for Origins using local materials.
•Our cuisine is about savoring each individual flavor, so we use fresh ingredients, whether from our gardens and lakes or cultivated from the wild with ﬂowers and forestalls not normally used in cooking. From the French sea faring heritage of Brittony, Michelin-starred and “Meilleur Ouvrier de France” (M.O.F) Chef Jean-Luc L’Hourreis a consummate explorer, in life and in his cooking. Even with the sea as his specialty, he uses the roots of the land while cooking to add truth to his culinary craft bringing soul and ﬂare to each dish he creates. Our wine cellar hides amazing wines from the 4 corners of the world. Ready to be enjoyed at any occasion.
• We feature one pool which is for relax, looking at the infinity green lush and birds flying around, really nice and a great way to cool off from the sunny days!
• We have a massage room for couples so they can complement their days with rejuvenating massages ! A great ambience to disconnect, decompress and revitalize their bodies.
• We tailor-make yoga + detox programs based on client needs.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• We have our yoga deck which can be for multiple uses with an incredible view & roof, great for cocktails or group sessions. Capacity for 25 guest max. (wellness, Destination weddings, corporate retreats, social events, family generations trips)
• We have an outdoor area, near to the pool with incredible view. For cocktails or a group dinner for about 30 guest max.
•Salto restaurant for group dinners holds around 40 guest max and lounge area. Villa Vertigo for cocktails or dinners around 15 guest max.
Extra Notable Features
Origins is a small hotel but in a large property. We can cater to our guest needs on a more personal basis. Nothing is too big or too small with our in-house guides you will find lots of activities.
Number of employees