Palácio Tangará, Oetker Collection Brazil
Palácio Tangará, Oetker Collection
Avenida Deputado Laercio Corte 1501
Palácio Tangará is part of Oetker Collection, a unique collection of Masterpiece Hotels including Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa in Germany, Le Bristol Paris, Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc and Château Saint-Martin & Spa in French Riviera, L’Apogée Courchevel (French Alps), Eden Rock – St Barths, The Lanesborough in London and Jumby Bay Island, West Indies. CEO: Mr Frank Marrenbach.
Date of Creation
May, 10th 2017.
Hotel General Manager
Mr Celso do Valle, Managing Director.
5-star luxury hotel – The Leading Hotels of the World.
PALÁCIO TANGARÁ, Oetker Collection
History & Story
Palácio Tangará which takes its name from the paradise ‘Tanager of Amazonia’ (Tangara Chilensis) a brilliantly multi-coloured songbird.
Palácio Tangará was recently opened and accomplishes maintenance services in a daily basis.
Date added extensions
No extensions added.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Encircled by a lush tropical park, designed by world-renowned landscape architect, Roberto Burle Marx, Palacio Tangara offers an unparalleled and exceptional location at Panamby neighborhood with easy access to the main business, leisure and culture districts of the city.
Located in the desirable Morumbi neighbourhood, surrounded by the lush greenery of Burle Marx Park with easy access to the main business districts, leisure and culture.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Trails and bird watching at the highly regarded Burle Marx Park.
• Considered an icon of modern architecture in Brasil, Casa de Vidro was the first completed project by italo-brasilian architect Lina Bo Bardi. The house stands in the allotment of the Muller Carioba tea farm in the Morumbi region in São Paulo, built between 1950 and 1951. Casa de Vidro, which translates to english as Glass House, is the couple’s residence in São Paulo, Brazil, gained its name for its imposing glass-covered facade which floats over thin pillars. The properties garden, which occupies an area of 7’000 square meters, shows the couple’s love for Brazil’s natural riches. Through careful planning and landscaping, Lina transformed a nearly empty lot into a tropical forest, criss-crossed with trails encrusted with semiprecious stones. Other than its architectonic importance, Casa de Vidro was a meeting point for artists, architects and intellectuals. Important figures such as Max Bill, Steinberg, Gió Point, Calder, John.
• Because life is never more beautiful than when seen through the eyes of a child, we take special care to make their stay a magical and unforgettable moment, for this, we have the Aquarela Kids’ Club specially tailored for them.
• 141 guestrooms, including 59 suites, featuring balconies or terraces with views to the park.
• Refined balance between classic and modern, a truly bespoke Brazilian interior design.
• Offers different possibilities of connecting rooms and suites.
Restaurants & Bars
• World-renowned Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten, in charge of the hotel gastronomy, adds to his cuisine touches of local flair through Executive Chef Felipe Rodrigues.
• Tangará Jean-Georges gourmet restaurant, one star Michelin awarded in 2018 and 2019, with an exclusive Chef’s Table and private dining.
• Parque Lounge & Terrace, elegant all day dining.
• Pool bar, by the external heated swimming pool, surrounded by the park.
• Generous wine cellar.
• Burle Bar, intimist atmosphere and creative cocktails.
• 24 hours in-room dining.
• Flora Spa by Sisley features 1,500m2 / 16,145ft2 of space dedicated to fitness, beauty and relaxation.
• 6 elegant treatment rooms.
• Interior heated semiolympic swimming pool.
• Outdoor heated 20 meters swimming pool.
• Fitness center featuring state-of-the-art equipment.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• 9 elegant and sumptuous function rooms, bathed in natural daylight with access to the surrounding terraces overlooking the park, a perfect setting for your most prestigious events.
• Crystal ballroom, 407m2 / 4,380ft2 and 9m / 30ft ceiling height.
• 2 junior ballrooms.
• 2 boardrooms.
• 4 meeting rooms.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
– One Michelin Star – Michelin Guide 2018 and 2019
– Travel + Leisure It List, World’s Best New Hotels, Editor’s choice
– Conde Nast Traveler 2018 Hot List
– Guest Review Awards 2017 – Booking.com
– Wine Spectator
Number of employees