Solaz, a Luxury Collection Resort Mexico
Solaz, a Luxury Collection Resort
Carretera Transpeninsular KM 18.5 CSL-SJC, Cabo Real, San José del Cabo 23405
Quinta del Golfo/ Managed by Marriott International
Privately owned/ Managed by Marriott International
Date of Creation
September 1st, 2018
Hotel General Manager
Giuliana Torres, born in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico. Giuliana is the daughter of two successful hoteliers that met in Acapulco back in the 70 ́s when Acapulco was the world ́s trendiest vacationing spot, reason why hospitality business is marked on Giuliana’s DNA. Giuliana has worked for several hospitality companies and developing her skills since before graduating college. In 2015 Giuliana took over as project manager for the construction of the first the Luxury Collection brand resort in BCS. She developed strong relationships with owners and developing team ensuring the correct execution and operational requirements of all areas.
Solaz is owned by Quinta del Golfo de Cortez (QGC). Founded in 1994, QGC is devoted to developing unique destination experiences in Los Cabos. Their first project in the area was Hacienda del Mar; home to The Sheraton Grand Los Cabos, two of Mexico’s most renowned golf courses and abundant residential offerings. The authentic Mexican Colonial Hacienda style architecture is situated amidst private gardens and a private beach. In 2015, they announced plans to develop Solaz and are also developing a St. Regis in Los Cabos that is slated to open in 2021.
SOLAZ, A LUXURY COLLECTION RESORT
History & Story
Solaz is the first Luxury Collection Resort in Los Cabos and the seventh in Mexico. Luxury Collection is an ensemble of more than 100 of the world’s most iconic hotels and resorts in more than 35 countries, each noteworthy for its architecture, art, furnishings, and amenities. The properties share a dedication to immaculate service and comfort, and each has a unique heritage inextricably tied to its destination.
Reopen June 22nd after COVID-19 Pandemic.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Solaz is a unique gem that embodies both the traditional and modern aspects of architecture, it mixes endemic aspects of the region with the avant-garde offerings of modern technology, blending seamlessly with Baja’s unique landscape. Providing an enriching experience that captivates and awakens the souls of our guests
Solaz is located in Cabo’s touristic corridor, this provides our guests with a sense of seclusion and relaxation, yet at the same time its unique location allows them to go to all of the amazing attractions that this beautiful destination has to offer, our property is located within 15 minutes of the main towns of San Jose del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas, and about an hour and a half from La Paz and Cabo Pulmo.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Cabo Pulmo- Reserve Marine Park. Perfect for scuba divers or snorkels
• Sierra de la laguna- Reserve biosphere where you can find natural thermal springs
• San Jose del Cabo- Mexican pintoresque town. Perfect for families.
• Cabo San Lucas- Where the famous arch is. Touristic town with a vast offer of restaurants and nightlife.
• All the art within the property was created by renowned artist Cesar Lopez Negrete, it was inspired by a five-year trip all throughout Baja California Sur.
• We are the only Luxuty hotel in Cabo that has an exhibition that depicts the history of Baja California Sur since its conception all the way thru present day.
• The flora that’s from gorgeous gardens is endemic to the region, you will be able to find cacti with hundreds of years of history.
• Cabonauta: Is our “KidsClub” wich offers a space where our youngest guests can experience different activities such as: arts and crafts, board games, console gaming, cooking classes, etc. It opens from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, there are two coordinators that look up for the wellbeing of our youngest. The age limit is from 4 up to 12 years of age.
Number of suites
▪ 2 Panoramic One bedroom suite – 1213 sq ft, Main Building, One bedroom, sitting room, kitchen and bar, oceanfront balcony, hammock, custom bathroom with spa tub, smart touchscreen technology, and modern Mexican design elements. Comforts such as 55” flat screen SMART IPTVs, Nespresso coffee makers, and Bluetooth music and wireless technology
▪ 7 Oceanview and partial Oceanview plunge pool one bedroom suites – 1622 sq ft., Cascading Galleries, One bedroom, sitting room, kitchen and bar, oceanfront terrace, hammock, private oasis & plunge pool, secluded patio with outdoor shower, custom bathroom with spa tub, smart touchscreen technology, and modern Mexican design elements. Comforts such as 55” flat screen SMART IPTVs, Nespresso coffee makers, and Bluetooth music and wireless technology.
▪ 3 Oceanview plunge pool two bedroom suites – 2640 sq ft, Cascading Galleries, Two bedroom, sitting room, kitchen and bar, oceanfront terrace, hammock, private oasis & plunge pool, secluded patio with outdoor shower, custom bathroom with spa tub, smart touchscreen technology, and modern Mexican design elements. Comforts such as 55” flat screen SMART IPTVs, Nespresso coffee makers, and Bluetooth music and wireless technology.
▪ 1 Penthouse Baja Suite – 2860 sq ft, Main Building, One bedroom, alight the private elevator to the top floor where a palatial apartment welcomes, living room, kitchen, bar and dining room, oceanfront balcony with plunge pool, steam shower, hammock, custom bathroom with spa tub, smart touchscreen technology, and modern Mexican design elements. Comforts such as 55” flat screen SMART IPTVs, Nespresso coffee makers, and Bluetooth music and wireless technology.
Number of Luxury rooms
▪ 11 Oceanview and 67 Panoramic Rooms – 700 sq ft, Main Building, Oceanfront balcony/patio, hammock, custom bathrooms, smart touchscreen technology, and modern Mexican design elements. Comforts such as 55” flat screen SMART IPTVs, Nespresso coffee makers, and Bluetooth Restaurants ▪ music 29 and Oceanview and bars:(Name, wireless and specialties, technology.
▪ 29 Oceanview and 8 partial Oceanview plunge pool rooms – 859 sq ft, Cascacing Galleries, Oceanfront terrace, hammock, private oasis & plunge pool, secluded patio with outdoor shower, custom bathrooms, smart touchscreen technology, and modern Mexican design elements. Comforts such as 55” flat screen SMART IPTVs, Nespresso coffee makers, and Bluetooth music and wireless technology.
Restaurants & Bars
▪ Cascabel – For contemporary Mexican fare, Cascabel is a vibrant venue with a show kitchen and live cooking stations that will take you through a mystic journey throughout Mexico..
▪ Al Pairo – Offers Baja California inspired dishes based on local sustainable, fresh produce and the spirit of Mexico using contemporary cooking techniques.
▪ Misaki Lounge and sushi bar with a private room. True to the philosophy of the brand, this gastronomy offers a sensorial experience: quality products, minimalist design of the space, and the presence of the renowned Japanese chef, Tabuko.
▪ Mako – Take in the sounds of lapping waves and breathtaking, unobstructed sunrise and sunset views at Mako where the fresh open air and submerged seating offer pinnacle sea vistas in every direction. Open for lunch and dinner.
▪ Arabica – The place to go to find your fix of caffeine or a quick bite during the day. And the escape spot to unwind before or after dinner with your favorite beverage.
▪ Dos Peninsulas – A modern chocolate and ice cream boutique selling organic and indigenous chocolate from Mexico ́s diverse geographical regions.
▪ La Cava – Located within Al Pairo, the perfect place to cap off the day with a glass of wine from a selection of more than 2,500 bottles- showcasing Baja Californian and Mexican organic wines.
• Wellness: For the ultimate in pampering, Solaz features the over 10,000 square foot Ojo de Lebre spa. Offering the latest in relaxing and rejuvenating treatments, the spa features 10 private treatment rooms and two VIP double rooms, with a full range of services including Thalasso Therapy. Salon services include manicures, pedicures etc.
• Fitness: Solaz has a “Fitness center” that has state of the art equipment, a multifunctional room, beverage station, and on-site gym valet to aid our guests on their fitness journey.
• Pool: Our hotel offers seven different pool that are spread all trough the property, it provides the perfect space to have a relaxing time
Corporate & Celebration Events
Solaz Resort offers amazing meeting spaces in Los Cabos. Host an exceptional occasion within the captivating 20,000 square feet of meeting and event space, including the 3,400 square-foot Cousteau Ballroom. The expansive 11,000 square-foot outdoor Calypso Ocean Front Deck invites you to take in sparkling Sea of Cortez views during intimate or grand-scale events. A team of expert curators will flawlessly execute each moment with careful planning, catering, and by providing state-of-the-art equipment.
Extra Notable Features
• Master classes- From our cooking lesson, to a Mexican spirit tasting or a cocktail class.
•Solaz signature experiences- Highlighting our UNESCO heritage sites. We encourage our guests to explore the destination.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• A + Awards by Architizer 2019- Solaz Los Cabos was awarded the jury prize in the category “Architecture + Landscape”
• AHEAD 2019- Winner at the AHEAD Awards 2019 with Solaz Los Cabos in the categories “New Build Hotels” and “Landscaping and Outdoor Spaces” for the Americas region.
• Best of the Year, by Interior Design Magazine 2019- Resort category winner.
• Culinary Awards Los Cabos 2019- Jury Award – Best New Restaurant
• Iconos del Diseño 2019- Hotel design winners
• IV Bienal de Arquitectura de la Ciudad de México 2019- Silver medal on the category Tourism
• Number 3 in Top 20 Resorts in Western Mexico
• Number 4 in The Best 40 Resorts in Mexico
• Premio Obras CEMEX 2019- Solaz Los Cabos wins first place on the category ́Edification ́of mexican and international edition.
• Prix Versailles 2019- “Special Prize Exterior” in the Hotels category with Solaz Los Cabos
• Readers’ Choice Awards 2019 (Condé Nast Traveler)
• The Property Awards 2019-2020- America’s edition, Solaz Los Cabos stands out as a winner in ́Hotel architecture’ category.
• WIN Awards 2019- Bronze medal on the category ́Hotel ́
• World Architecture Festival 2019- Finalists on the category “Completed Buildings: Hotel and Leisure”
• X Bienal Iberoamericana CIDI Interiorismo, Diseño y Paisajismo 2019- Biggest award and recognition: Black and Gold Medal and gold medal on the category Hospitality- Hotels, Resorts and SPA
Number of employees