Tivoli Ecoresort Praia do Forte Brazil
Tivoli Ecoresort Praia do Forte
Av. do Farol – Praia do Forte / Mata de São João CEP – 48280000 Bahia
Tivoli Hotels & Resorts
Minor Hotel Group
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
João Eça Pinheiro
Borned in Lisbon, the executive studied hospitality in Glion, Switzerland. He has studied at the Marriott Lisboa, Le Meridien Lisboa, and for the 23 years has worked in the Portuguese group Prainha, which has resorts in the Algarve region of Portugal.
5-star Ecoresort / Preferred Hotels & Resorts
The Tivoli Ecoresort Praia do Forte is investing in continuing improvements in the hotel, preserving sustainability and social responsibility principles that have always guided the enterprise and using the best and state-of-the-art principles to provide customer satisfaction. As recognition of its unarguable service quality and unique infrastructure, Tivoli Ecoresort Praia do Forte is a member of the select network of luxury hotels called Preferred Hotels & Resorts. To be accepted as a member in the Preferred Hotels & Resorts, hotels have to go through strict assessment, in which about 1,600 items are verified, with special attention to service.
TIVOLI ECORESORT PRAIA DO FORTE
History & Story
Staking his dream on a concept of sustainable tourism, Peters builds a hotel on Tapuara Cove. He sites the hotel adjacent to the fishing village so that guests could experience and enjoy local culture. Managed by the Robinson Club, the hotel opens with 60 apartments.
A year after the hotel’s inauguration, the number of apartments expands to 144.
Inaugurating another 64 units, the resort enlarges its occupancy to 200 apartments.
50 Master apartments ready for guests.
In a corner facing the sea, a new restaurant, À Sombra do Coqueiral, opens, along with an infinity pool.
With the opening of the Spa, the hotel puts even greater emphasis on wellness and wuality of life. Another 54 Master Spa apartments are unveiled.
Tivoli Hotels & Resorts acquires the hotel at Praia do Forte.
Among many big changes, the Tivoli Ecoresort inaugurates its Deluxe suites, the reception area is refurbished and the hotel have now 287 rooms. The hotel adopts the new Tivoli Ecoresort Praia do Forte and the traditional turtle logo gets a makeover.
The Bar Três Pecados gets a facelift and reopens as the Dendê Bar.
The seaview Tabaréu restaurant is more charming than ever thanks to a major renovation.
Master Spa apartments receive a renovation, with and eye on greater comfort.
The kids club Careta Careta gets a facelift to improve kids experience.
The Tivoli Ecoresort Praia do Forte presents its new pool complex, in the heart of the hotel. With 1,350sqm and 20 double sun loungers inside water, a pool is now facing the sea and its eastern inspiration
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
The perfect harmony between the lush landscape and local biodiversity. It is the perfect tropical destination for a family holiday, business meeting or the honeymoon of your dreams. Relax with the wellness treatments provided by our SPA. Enjoy the unique flavors of our restaurants’ exclusive cuisine. gastronomical journey
Located at Praia do Forte, 50 minutes from the Capital Salvador, in the Brazilian State of Bahia.
Key sites/activities in the area
In the area, besides the amazing beaches and nature preserved area, guests can visit a charming fishing village and the ruins of Brazil’s only construction in a medieval style, the Garcia D’Ávila Castle.
Explore Atlantic rainforest reserves, lagoons, and beaches where sea turtles lay their eggs. Go whale watching, visit the coral reefs.
Tivoli Ecoresort Praia do Forte offers real experiences to know the real Bahia. Our T/Experiences are authentic, curated and custom only for the guests, perfectly tailored to your wishes and to your holiday plans. With them, guests can discover the true and very human side of Praia do Forte – the one that most visitors never see.
A dedicated team of monitors delivers a range of fun, innovative and above all safe activities, to kids from 4 to 11 years old.
The kids club opens daily and allows the small folk to take part in sporting, educational and play activities to exercise their bodies and imaginations. Everything from an arts workshop, through theatrical plays, educational talks, sports and tours, to cooking classes, is offered in this space.
Kids’ Park Water Park, Collection of Toys , Arts and Crafts workshop, Restaurant and Theater
• Number of suites: 1 Presidential Collection Suite – 220sqm, with Jacuzzi, facing the sea. 3 Deluxe Privilege Suites – the Deluxe Privilege Suite has an open-air Jacuzzi on the veranda overlooking the hotel’s fine gardens. 16 Deluxe Suites – Decorated with sophistication, 76sqm, with bathtub and a double veranda with a wonderful view. 2 Master Spa Privilege Suites – 55sqm; have an open-air Jacuzzi on the veranda overlooking the hotel’s fine gardens. Guests over 16 staying in our Luxury Rooms (but Pool Vilas) enjoy free access to the Spa’s relaxation area. 4 Pool Villas – elegantly decorated, 320sqm villas. Their design and building materials aim to minimize their environmental impact, possess 3 suites and private pool.
•Number of Luxury rooms: 52 Master Spa – 2 queen size beds – Veranda with armchairs and hammock.
Guests over 16 staying in our Luxury Rooms enjoy free access to the Spa’s relaxation area.
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all:
80 Premium – King Size or twin beds – Veranda with armchairs and hammock
133 Master – King Size or twin beds – Veranda with armchairs and hammock
Restaurants & Bars
The hotel offers half board—breakfast and dinner—served at its Goa Restaurant, included in the daily rate.
• Goa Restaurant- A combination of dishes blending international recipes and specialties of typical Bahia cuisine is offered with refinement and variety in show cooking style.Open from 07:00 to 10:00 and from 19:30 to 22:00.
• Tabaréu Restaurant – Strategically located on the beach front, serves a top-quality, delicious menu specializes in seafood, and the cuisine of Bahia and Brazil’s north-east. Open for lunch.
• À Sombra do Coqueiral- Overlooking the infinity pool, offers a contemporary, Mediterranean and international à la carte menu. Open for lunch.
• Dendê Bar – In the pool area, bar serves gourmet snacks, salads and appetizers.
• Ice Bar – The Ice Bar serves the entire beach area.
• 7 swimming pools (1 pool exclusively for adults)
• 1 floodlit soccer pitch / 4 floodlit tennis courts
• Beach volleyball court
• Fitness Center
• SPA – Guests can enjoy a unique physical and spiritual experience of well-bring. Revitalize your body and soul in a natural setting, relaxing through alternative health and beauty treatments such as massage, body and facial esthetics.
Corporate & Celebration Events
Tivoli Ecoresort Praia do Forte is the perfect opportunity to integrate work and leisure in a single, motivating space. The 575sqm Events Venue overlooks a genuine landscape of Paradise. There are 5 rooms, ranging in area from 80sqm to 375sqm, seating a maximum of 375 people. All rooms are equipped with the most modern infrastructure to stage conventions, meetings and incentives.
• 5 event rooms
• Reception for groups
Extra Notable Features
• Games Room (table tennis, billiards) / Amphitheater
• Daily kids’ and adults’ sports and leisure schedule / Environmental Activities
• Nautical Base providing a range of activities such as diving, fishing, and kayaking
• Monuments – Ruins of the sixteenth-century Garcia D´Ávila Castle, 4.5 km away
• Fishing Village with stores and São Francisco Chapel, 1 km away
• Sapiranga Reserve–-Tropical Forest 4 km away / Diving – Natural Pools 1.6 km away
• Tamar/IBAMA Project – National HQ of Brazil’s Turtle Protection project, 1 km away
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Best Resort Spa Brasil by World Travel Awards
• TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellece and World Travel Award’s recognition as South America’s Leading Spa Resort
• Best Resort Spa Brasil by World Travel Awards
Number of employees