UXUA Casa Hotel & Spa Brazil
UXUA Casa Hotel & Spa
Quadrado, Trancoso, Bahia
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Adalberto dos Santos
5-star Luxury boutique
Trancoso Localism – a totally authentic, independent approach dedicated to cultural and environmental preservation of a single destination through development of sustainable, luxury tourism.
UXUA Casa Hotel & Spa
History & Story
Uxua Casa Hotel & Spa is a five star boutique hotel offering 11 completely unique 1-3 bedroom casas set harmoniously within the historic center of Trancoso, a small fishing village located on the idyllically tropical southern coast of Brazil’s Bahia state.
Four of Uxua’s casas and the hotel’s totally unmarked entrance are colonial fishermen’s homes facing the Historic Quadrado, South America’s most beautiful town square. At its end overlooking kilometers of pristine, white-sand beaches sits the simple white São João Batista church from the 17th century, in front of which the most important local celebrations happen.
Each Uxua house was carefully restored, build and decorated by designer Wilbert Das in partnership with local craftsmen and pataxó indians.
Uxua combines its antique filled homes with a rustic beach lounge, organic spa using its own custom range of rain forest products, aventurine quartz healing pool, and an acclaimed 35-seat Bahian-fusion restaurant.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
A single word captures the magic of Uxua : AUTHENTICITY. Every sophisticated detail celebrates the history, culture, traditions and natural environment of this special location, gaining Uxua’s celebrity clientele from around the world
Trancosos historical center, known as The Quadrado, a picturesque UNESCO-protected town square with panoramic sea views.
Key sites/activities in the area
The Quadrado itself with its restaurant, shops, impromptu soccer matches and local celebrations, nearby Espelho (mirror) Beach (known as one of the world’s most beautiful) day trip with lunch at local restaurant, Caraíva Beach day trip with visit to Pataxó Indian tribe, Mountain Biking to Buffalo Valley, Horseback riding down south bahian beaches, kayaking though Trancoso river down to Uxua Beach Bar.
While Trancoso has gained worldwide fame, the town is still characterized by an absence of any major hotel chains, largely due to strict environmental and development laws.
Also, while walking through hotel gardens guests might see our artisans working on weaving hand dyed linen on and antique loons as well as other crafts.
Uxua is built as an authentic extension of the village of Trancoso itself, therefore its 1-3 bedroom casas can accommodate families including those with children and babies. Though there are no child-specific recreational areas or amenities, the car-free historic center of Trancoso and its endless beaches and rain forest offer many diversions for children or adults and Uxua has baby cribs and accessories.
Uxua has 11 complete and unique Casas (Houses) with 1, 2 or 3 suites each, with living rooms, dining rooms, fully equipped kitchens, private gardens and some with private pools. Some houses face the town square, mingled with local houses, and some are inside the hotel’s tropical garden.
• 2 Studios (from 80 to 90 sqm)
• 5 Houses with 1 Suite (from 100 to 140 sqm)
• 3 Houses with 2 Suites (from 165 to 230 sqm)
• 1 House with 3 Suites (210 sqm).
Restaurants & Bars
Uxua rates include elaborate Bahian breakfast at aventurine crystal pool-facing restaurant or served in Casa. No half or full-board rates available as Trancoso offer a great gastronomic scene we want our guests to experience however we do have:
• Uxua Praia Bar
Ocean-front landmark with lunch menu, appetizers and drinks.
• Uxua Quadrado
Lunch and dinner bahian-fusion menu with abundant vegetarian / vegan options, in picturesque setting of Historic Quadrado with outdoor tables , candlelit dinners all year long.
• Uxua Jardim
Facing the turquoise aventurine quatz pool, exclusive to guests. Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Uxua has local chefs that truly represent traditional bahian cuisine with decades old family recipes, ingredients are fresh, daily catches from the sea and mostly organic and from our own gardens.
Uxua Alméscar Spa features both indoor and outdoor treatment rooms where guests can indulge in a variety of wellness and local beauty treatments and has just gone over a major refurbishment and expansion in 2018. Only local, natural and organic ingredients are used such as coconut and alméscar oil. Two indoor treatment areas, with a Jacuzzi and Bahia’s only Vichy shower, a third suite outdoor surrounded by tropical gardens, steam room and relaxing crystal room.
Uxua gym is fully equipped and a studio is available for private classes such as yoga, capoeira, boxing, forró dancing and etc.
Uxua’s pool is a handmade masterpiece of 40 thousand turquoise aventurine quartz stones, native to Bahia and known for its healing and therapeutic properties.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Uxua Praia Bar is a perfect venue for special celebrations like luaus, birthdays, special events, anniversaries and weddings. Facing the ocean with a complete bar & restaurant and lounge area it can host from small gatherings up to 150 guests.
• Uxua Quadrado restaurant is perfect for smaller intimate lunch/dinner events up to 35 people.
• The entire property can be booked for corporate and celebrations events (around 35 guests) and the pool and Spa area are available as events areas.
Extra Notable Features
• Acclaimed golf course Terra Vista is just a 15 minute car ride away from Uxua Casa Hotel, as well as its private landing strip for chanter flight.
• Biking, diving, canoeing, horse riding, dance classes, yoga classes, Capoeira classes, fishing expeditions with local fishermen, an indian tribe visit, bahian cooking classes are all examples of activities available that our Concierges are happy to personalize.
Uxua shop exclusive for guests has examples of the unique productions of handmade pillows, bags, throws, Spa products and jewelry made by local and indian artisans.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
– Conde Nast Traveler Gold list 2013, 2015, 2018 and 2019
– Fodors Fodor’s 100 Hotel Awards 2013 and 2018
– CNN, World’s 50 Best Beach Bars (UXUA #7) 2013
– Virtuoso Travel Network Best of the Best finalist for Sustainable Tourism Leadership 2015, 2016 and 2017
Number of employees