UXUA Casa Hotel & Spa Brazil
UXUA Casa Hotel & Spa
Quadrado, Trancoso, Bahia
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
5-star Luxury boutique
Trancoso Localism – a totally authentic, independent approach dedicated to cultural and environmental preservation of a single destination through development of sustainable, luxury tourism.
UXUA Casa Hotel & Spa
History & Story
UXUA Casa House Hotel & Spa is a five star boutique hotel offering 11 completely unique 1-3 bedroom casas set harmoniously within the historic center of Trancoso, a small fishing village located on the idyllically tropical southern coast of Brazil’s Bahia state.
Four of UXUA’s casas and the hotel’s totally unmarked entrance are colonial fishermen’s homes facing the Historic Quadrado, South America’s most beautiful town square. At its end overlooking kilometers of pristine, white-sand beaches sits the simple white São João Batista church (Brazil’s second oldest)
UXUA combines its antique filled homes with a rustic beach lounge, organic spa using its own custom range of rainforest products, aventurine quartz healing pool, and an acclaimed 35-seat Bahian-fusion restaurant.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
A single word captures the magic of UXUA : AUTHENTICITY. Every sophisticated detail celebrates the history, culture, and natural environment of this special location, gaining UXUA a celebrity clientèle from around the world
Trancosos historical centre, known as The Quadrado, a picturesque UNESCO-protected town square with panoramic sea views.
Key sites/activities in the area
Blue lagoon at Taipe Beach with white clay body mask, Espelho (mirror) Beach day trip with lunch at local Silvinha restaurant, Caraiva Beach day trip with visit to Pataxo Indian tribe, Mountain Biking to Buffalo Valey, Horseback riding down south bahian beaches.
While Trancoso has gained worldwide fame, the town is still characterized by an absence of any major hotel chains, largely due to strict environmental and development laws.
UXUA is built as an authentic extension of the village of Trancoso itself, therefore its 1-3 bedroom casas can accommodate families including those with children. Though there are no child-specific recreational areas or amenities, the car-free historic center of Trancoso and its endless beaches and rainforest offer many diversions for children or adults.
UXUA has 11 complete and unique Casas (Houses) with 1, 2 or 3 suites each, with living rooms, dining rooms, fully equipped kitchens, private gardens, some with private pools, garden/pool/town square views.
• 2 Studios (from 80 to 90 sqm)
• 5 Houses with 1 Suite (from 100 to 140 sqm)
• 3 Houses with 2 Suites (from 165 to 230 sqm)
• 1 House with 3 Suites (210 sqm).
Restaurants & Bars
UXUA rates include elaborate Bahian breakfast at aventurine crystal pool-facing restaurant or served in Casa. No half or full-board rates available as Trancoso offer a great gastronomic scene,
• UXUA Praia Bar
Ocean-front landmark with lunch menu, appetizers and drinks.
• UXUA Quadrado
Lunch and dinner bahian-fusion menu with abundant vegetarian / vegan options, in picturesque setting of Historic Quadrado with outdoor tables , candlelit dinners all year long.
• UXUA Jardim
Facing the turquoise aventurine quatz pool, exclusive to guests. Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
UXUA has all local chefs that truly represent traditional bahian cuisine with decades old family recipes, ingredients are fresh, daily catchs from the sea and mostly organic and from our own gardens.
UXUA Spa features both indoor and outdoor treatment rooms where guests can indulge in a variety of wellness and local beauty treatments. Only local, natural and organic ingredients are used such as coconut and almescar oil. Two indoor treatment areas, with a jauzzi and Bahia’s only Vichy shower and a third suite outdoor surrounded by tropical gardens.
UXUA gym is fully equipped and a studio is available for private classes such as yoga, capoeira, boxing, forro dancing and etc.
UXUAs pool is a handmade masterpiece of 40 thousand turquoise aventurine quartz stones, native to Bahia, that are known for its healing and therapeutic properties.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• UXUA Praia Bar is a perfect venue for special celebrations like luaus, birthdays, special events, anniversaries and weddings. Facing the ocean with a complete bar & restaurante and lounge area it can host from small gatherings up to 200 guests.
• UXUA Quadrado restaurante is perfect for smaller intimate lunch/dinner events up to 35 people.
• The entire property can be booked for corporate and celebrations events (aroun 35 guests) and the pool and Spa area are available as events areas.
Extra Notable Features
• Acclaimed golf course Terra Vista is just a 15 minute car ride away from UXUA Casa Hotel.
• Biking, diving, canoeing, horse riding, dance classes, yoga classes, Capoeira classes, fishing expeditions with local fishermen, an indian tribe visit, bahian cooking classes are all examples of activities available that our Concierges are happy to personalize.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Conde Nast Traveler Gold List 2015: The World’s Best Hotels (http://www.cntraveler.com/stories/2014-12-16/view-the-full-gold-list-2015-the-worlds-best-hotels).
• Casa Claudia Magazine, Best Beach Hotel (http://casa.abril.com.br/materia/premio-casa-claudia-design-de-interiores-2015-os-projetos-vencedores).
• Elite Traveler, Top 100 Hotel Suites in 2015 (http://www.elitetraveler.com/category/travel/destination-guides/top-100-suites-2015).
• Jetseter Best of the Best, Best on the Beach (http://www.jetsetter.com/feature/2015-best-of-the-best-awards).
• Conde Nast Traveler Gold Standard 2013: Best Beach Hotels (http://www.cntraveller.com/awards/the-gold-list/gold-standard-hotels-2013/page/uxua-casa-hotel,-trancoso,-brazil).
• Fodor’s 100 Hotel Awards, Local Characteristics (http://www.fodors.com/hotel-awards/2013/local-characters/uxua-casa-hotel-spa).
• CNN, World’s 50 Best Beach Bars (UXUA #7) (http://edition.cnn.com/2013/06/06/travel/worlds-best-beach-bars/?c=&page=0).
• Smith Hotel Awards, Best Hotel 2014 (http://smithhotelawards.com/2014/winners/best-smith-hotel-2014).
Number of employees