Viceroy Los Cabos Mexico
Viceroy Los Cabos
Paseo Malecon San Jose Lote 8, Zona Hotelera, San Jose del Cabo, BCS Mexico 23400
Viceroy Hotels & Resorts
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Martin Kipping – Kipping first joined the Viceroy family in 2010 as the Director of Food and Beverage for Viceroy Anguilla before being promoted to General Manager of Viceroy Zihuatanejo in 2013, where he launched a number of new programs and projects and situated the property as one of Mexico’s top luxury resorts. With more than 20 years of luxury hospitality experience, Kipping is dedicated to the growth and success of the latest addition to Viceroy Hotel Group’s leading luxury portfolio.
To position ourselves as the leader in relaxed luxury in San Jose del Cabo
History & Story
Viceroy Los Cabos (opening May 2018) is located in the heart of San Jose Del Cabo on the Coast of Baja California. The 194-room beachfront property faces the Sea of Cortes and embodies the essence of water throughout its architecturally stunning design. Resort amenities include a cinema room for movie screenings, versatile meeting spaces and lively restaurants and bars. Upon re-opening, the property will present a new, energized lobby and arrival experience, beach pool and bar, expanded luxury spa, and redesigned state-of-the-art fitness center curated by Los Angeles-based celebrity trainer, Harley Pasternak. Viceroy Los Cabos is Viceroy Hotel Group’s 15th property worldwide and the latest addition to its Icon Collection portfolio.
2018 – Designed by Miguel Angel Aragones, Viceroy Los Cabos has undergone an extensive refurbishment. New suites have been added, 4 new restaurants will be opening as will th new spa and fitness center
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
The design, relaxed luxury, spacious rooms and suites with stunning views of the Sea of Cortez
Located in the Zona Hotelera district of San José del Cabo, the serene seascapes and limitless horizons at Viceroy Los Cabos are within a few minutes by taxi from the airport and the historic center of town of San José del Cabo.
Key sites/activities in the area
San Jose del Cabo, surfing, snorkelling, diving, dining and nightlife
We have a private movie theatre on property! Tilt your chair back and enjoy the show; our JBL Synthesis 7.4 audio system is truly breathtaking and is paired with a striking digital video display by Sony. Our luxe, intimate theater features daily screenings for guests, and can also be reserved for private movies and screenings.
- Number of suites:
- Number of Luxury rooms:
- Number of rooms, (keys) in all:
Restaurants & Bars
- Nido – cevicheria and bar serving lunch and dinner
- Casera Cocina – casual, hearty but healthy spin on traditional Mexican fare. Open for breakfast and dinner. Wine list highlights the Guadalupe valley region
- Otro Bar – opportuity to taste Mexico’s vast array of Tequila and Mescal along with craft cocktails and house infusions. In the morning we will serve craft coffee and in the evenings, speciality Mexican Hot Chocolate.
- Nidito – beachside dining offering bite sized decadence with a mix of Mesoamerican, European and Asian influences. Beverages will include Mexican sodas, Pelotas and classic cocktails.
- Fitness center designed by Harley Pasternak. This gym will be an indoor/outdoor experience featuring Hoist Roc-it strength equipment, an adult jungle gym, a bootcamp/cross-training room, turf strip for sled pushing and sliding, a lifestyle and yoga room and more.
- Coming in Q3 the spa will offer locally inspired treatments. Skilled therapists and aestheticians craft bespoke experiences in addition to the vast menu of services. The spa will feature 11 treatment rooms, therapeutic mood lighting, locker rooms, wet areas, a cold plunge pool, warm jacuzzi and sauna. That’s in addition to the beauty bar, manicure and pedicure areas and hair salon.
Corporate & Celebration Events
- The Sea of Cortez, the horizon and open sky come together as the perfect background for special events, be it a wedding, anniversary celebration, cocktail party of corporate event. The in-house team can assist in selecting a venue, menu, photographer and more. For those who wish to do business a little differently, there is a movie theatre and versatile meeting spaces designed to host board meetings, conferences and retreats. Groups small and large are welcome.
Extra Notable Features
- Movie theatre
- Splash-Cycle classes
- Curated guest experiences