Alekou Michaelidi Road 40, 8852 Neo Chorio
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Sebastian Wurst, formerly GM of Plaza Athenee in New York, worked in the US and Europe, Hotel Management School in Germany
5-star deluxe, LHW
Focus on architecture, individual service experience, casual Mediterranean elegance
History & Story
Conceived by the Thanos family as the ultimate Mediterranean destination on the unspoiled West Coast of the island, resembling a traditional village with Greek and Italian design elements. One of 3 properties in Cyprus, family-owned by 3 siblings (2nd generation)
3 year renovation programme completed in 2016, re-imagined rooms, designed with a deep understanding of our local roots by Joelle Pleot, the renowned Parisian designed.
Date added extensions
Kult boutique (2015)
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Beach resort, located close to the Akamas peninsula, a nature reserve. Our strength is our staff, who offer a warm welcome to our guests and make them feel at home away from home. Our Thalassa Spa offers a vast variety of treatments adding to the relaxation.
Located between the small fishing harbour of Latchi and the Akamas peninsula Anassa and the natural surrounding is the ideal location for a relaxing holiday.
Key sites/activities in the area
Baths of Aphrodite, Latchi fishing harbour ( 5 min. by car), small town Polis and traditional villages close by and Monasteries offer to experience the traditional life of Cyprus , jeep safaris, boat excursions, golfing.
Our Explorers kids club caters for the following age groups : (at cost)
• Globetrotters – from 4 months to 2 years and 11 months
•Adventurers – from 3 years to 4 years and 11 months
•Voyages – from 5 years to 7 years and 11 months
•Pioneer – from 8 years to 11 years and 11 months
Number of rooms in all: 166
• Garden View Room (8) – Size: 41m²- Up to 2 people- Balcony with seating
• Studio Suite (70) – Size: 47m²- Up to 3 people- Balcony with seating
• Garden Studio (42) – Size: 49 m²- Up to 3 people- Balcony with seating
• Junior Suite (19) – Size: 53 m²- Up to 3 people- Balcony or terrace
• Panorama Suite (2) – Size: 53 m²- Up to 3 people- Al fresco dining terrace (10 m²)
• 2-bedroom family suite (1) – Size: 123 m²- Up to 6 people- Al fresco dining terrace- Separate living room with bathroom
• 1-bedroom suite(2-bedroom suite) (2) – Size: 90 m²- Up to 3 people- Al fresco dining terrace- Separate living room with bathroom (Size: 137 m²- Up to 6 people- Al fresco dining terrace- Separate living room with bathroom)
• 1-bedroom suite pool (5) – Size: 90 m²- Up to 3 people- Sun terrace with pool (3.74 x 3.44 m; heated on request)- Separate living room with bathroom
• 2-bedroom suite with pool (1) – Size: 137 m²- Up to 6 people- Sun terrace with pool (3.74 x 3.44 m; heated on request)- Separate living room with bathroom
• Adonis / Aphrodite Suite (2) – Size: 122 m²- Up to 3 people- Balcony with whirlpool (2.1 x 1.9 m; heated on request)
• Anax Suite (1) – Size: 161 m²- Up to 6 people- Striking round living room and domed ceiling- Balcony with seating
• Alcyone Residence (1) – Size: 178 m² – Up to 6 people – Two en-suite bedrooms, each with balcony – Infinity pool (5 x 9 m, heated of request) – Large sea-view sun terrace (69 m²)
• Alexandros Residence (1) – Size: 185 m²- Up to 6 people- Two en-suite bedrooms, each with balcony- Infinity pool (4 x 8 m, heated on request)- Large sea-view sun terrace (67 m²)
• Aether Residence (1) – Size: 225 m²- Up to 9 people- Three en-suite bedrooms, each with balcony- Infinity pool (4 x 9 m, heated on request)- Large sea-view sun terrace (66 m²)
• Andromeda Residence (1) – Size: 225 m²- Up to 9 people- Three en-suite bedrooms, each with balcony
– Infinity pool (4 x 9 m, heated on request)- Large sea-view sun terrace (65 m²)
Restaurants & Bars
• Amphora – Our casual-chic dining room and open-air sea-view terrace. Serves local and international buffet breakfasts, à la carte selections, and themed dinners with live cooking stations.
•Helios – Our stylish fine-dining restaurant, complete with harpist, pianist, outdoor sea-view terrace (with olive trees), and private dining enclaves. Serves contemporary French-Mediterranean á la carte and daily changing table d’hôte menus.
•Basiliko – Our romantic candlelit cavern. Serves gourmet Asian cuisine with a hint of Mediterranean flavours, from Grilled Wagyu Beef Cannelloni to Alaskan Black Cod.
•Pelagos – Our shaded al fresco taverna overlooking the pool, gardens and sea beyond; complete with show kitchen and lava stone grill. Serves Mediterranean flavours including seafood specialties, mezze, salads and pastas.
• Armonia Bar and Terrace – Our elegant main lobby bar, with evening entertainment. Serves pre-dinner cocktails, post-dinner drinks and canapes, sushi and appetizers from 11:00 a.m.
• Meltemi Bar – Our swim-up bar. Serves thirst-quenching cocktails, drinks, smoothies and ice creams plus snacks, salads and sandwiches.
• Thalassa Spa – Thalassotherapy (from the Greek word ‘thalassa’ meaning sea and ‘therapeía’, healing) draws on the restorative benefits of the maritime climate, seawater, and marine derivatives. From one-off saltwater jet spray massages, seaweed polishes and algae body wraps, to 10-day detox immersions, our focus is on individual, tailor-made treatments and entirely natural products – using seawater pumped directly from the crystal shores of Chrysochou Bay. Osea, QMS ‘medicosmetic’ and ila’s ‘beyond organic’ products provide superior skin therapy, while a Roman-style indoor pool offers sky-lit respite from the sun; 18 treatment rooms, saunas, steam baths, saltwater exercise pool, squash court, fitness room, yoga and healthy cuisine complete the Thalassa Spa experience.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Galaxias – Located next to the main entrance, Galaxias opens onto Anassa’s Village Square for ambient lunches, dinners or cocktails, while a raised platform is ideal for staging presentations, exhibitions or entertainment. 170 m²; 3 m ceiling; 200 pax cocktail reception; 100 pax theatre-style; 60 pax banquet; 40 pax classroom-style; 25 pax U-shape; 20 pax boardroom
•Zephyros Ballroom – Our magnificent ground floor ballroom can accommodate up to 800 for a cocktail party. Located at the foot of a grandiose marble staircase with spacious foyer and cloakrooms and direct access to our flower-filled, sea-view gardens. 375 m²; 4 m ceiling; 800 pax cocktail reception; 400 pax theatre-style; 270 pax banquet; 100 pax classroom-style; 50 pax U-shape
•Amorosa Boardroom – Amorosa can either be blacked out for presentations or opened out onto the main terrace or its own private terrace – a spectacular venue for coffee, lunch or cocktails with wide-reaching sea views.80m²; 3 m ceiling; 150 pax cocktail reception; 50 pax theatre-style; 30 pax banquet; 25 pax classroom-style; 25 pax U-shape; 20 pax boardroom
Extra Notable Features
• Golf – 4 world-class courses within a 40-minute drive: – Elea Championship Golf Course: a challenging and technically unique Nick Faldo-designed par 71 course. – Minthis Hills Golf Club: a par 72 course with high ocean views that offers all abilities year-round golfing. – Secret Valley Golf Course: a 6,300 m par 72 course with large chipping area, driving range and video coaching. – Aphrodite Hills: an undulating par 71 championship course perched on two high sea-view plateaus; includes a double-ended 350 m driving range with bunkers and targets.
•Watersports – Sail, water-ski, jet-ski, wakeboard, windsurf, parasail, canoe, paddle board and pedalo directly from our beach, or get wet and wild with banana boats and tube rides.Please note, our Water Sports Centre is owned and managed by a third-party partner.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Gallivanter’s Guide Editor’s Choice Award 2015
• Winner of Best ‘Family Frolics’ Hotel in the Tatler Travel Awards 2015
• Geo Saison 2014 – One of Europe’s 100 most beautiful hotels in the category Wellness Hotels
• I-escapes 2013 ‘Best for Kids’ Awards – Number One Kids Club in The World
Number of employees