Urban Retreat in Zurich, destination for business travellers as well as leisure guests for s short break
ATHLANTIS BY GIARDINO
History & Story
Casual elegance and stylish chic – all wrapped up in an architectural gem, run by hosts from Italian-speaking Switzerland. The Atlantis by Giardino luxury hotel lives up to even the most demanding expectations, and yet still manages to surprise you with its originality.
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
This legendary 1970s-vintage hotel at the foot of the Üetliberg mountain in Zurich has been renovated completely, and reopened in all its new-found finery in December 2015. Here, you will find timeless stylishness, cosmopolitan nonchalance and Mediterranean-style hospitality all rolled into one.
Atlantis by Giardino is an urban retreat that promises the vibe of the city intimately accompanied by the rhythm of nature: it is just a rabbit’s hop to the Üetliberg forest and a short ride to the cultural hot spots, banks and boutiques of Zurich’s famous Bahnhofstrasse.
Key sites/activities in the area
Panoramictrail to the Üetliberg mountain, urban scenery and city life in the neighbourhood, shopping and socialising in the city, taking a cruise or sailing on Lake Zurich, cultural stroll taking in theatres and art, historic sights in museums and the old town.
Steve McQueen and boxing legend Muhammad Ali were guests. Freddie Mercury gave a private performance on the bar’s grand piano. The Atlantis hotel once radiated an atmosphere of splendour – yet it still remained fairly casual.
Children up to the age of 12 years stay free in parents room.
• Number of suites: • Suite Junior With a total area of up to 44 square metres, this stunning suite is sure to impress. • Suite Senior The generously proportioned separate bedroom and living area extend over a surface area of up to a regal 56 square metres. • Suite Metropol Out of this world – The “Metropol” suites are truly the crème de la crème of our retreats. • Suite Hublot For the first time, the Swiss watch maker company presents itself with its own suite in a hotel. • Number of Luxury rooms: • Generous This bright and airy option boasts an expansive floor plan of up to 35 square metres, premium materials and fabrics, and a design to satisfy even the most glamorous of tastes. • Luxe You’re sure to find your own private comfort zone in this inviting accommodation with a total area of up to 40 square metres. • Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 95
Restaurants & Bars
• Casual Dining : Hide & Seek Restaurant & Bar International fusion cuisine, surprising and contemporary • Fine dining : Ecco Zürich Multi-award-winning restaurant concept, awarded with 2 Michelin stars featuring extraordinary aromatic cuisine
• Indoor and outdoor pool, sauna zone, fitness and relaxation area, massages and beauty treatments, signature dipiù cosmetcis line, hair salon
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Ballroom Wave, 114-259sqm, max. 200 people • Meeting and banquet room Drift, 55 sqm, max. 40 people • Boardroom Tide, 18-42 sqm, max. 14 people
Extra Notable Features
• King-size bed • 2 balconies (most rooms) • includes services : breakfast, minibar with non-alcoholic drinks, WI-FI, shuttle to the city and back