Azor Hotel Portugal
Av. Dr. João Bosco Mota Amaral, 4, 9500-771 Ponta Delgada,
Discovery Hotel Management
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Fernando Rios – GM Tivoli Eco Resort Praia do Forte, Salvador da Bahia, Brazil ; General Manager of Tivoli Oriente Parque das Nações , Lisbon – Portugal
We in Discovery Hotel Management have two hotels in Azores, São Miguel island. Our focus is the high-end Market, so that’s the reason that we invest a significant amount in promotion our hotels overseas in the luxury market.
History & Story
Inspired by the surrounding sea and the volcanic nature of the Portuguese Azores Island of São Miguel, Azor Hotel abounds with natural materials that serve to remind guests of the property’s remote location, while remaining starkly cosmopolitan and contemporary in design. In addition to organizing a range of excursions and experiences that immerse guests in the local lifestyle, the 123-room hotel plays host to a lobby market that offers up cheeses, tapas dishes, and a number of products to take home, as well as a rooftop pool and bar that doubles as a whale-watching spot.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
At À Terra restaurant, one can also enjoy delicious homemade dishes fit for sharing. Azor Hotel’s ideal location next to the marina in Ponta Delgada ensures that the treasures of the Azores’ administrative capital are an enticing hop away.
Azor Hotel is situated right by the marina in Ponta Delgada, in the administrative capital of the Azores archipelago on the volcanic island of São Miguel. Ponta Delgada is the most populous settlement on the Azores, and the action takes place in the marina’s vicinity: think luxury shopping, dining and drinking; superyachts coming in to dock; and plenty of watersports opportunities
Key sites/activities in the area
In Azor hotel we have a book of expériences, since water expériences to land expériences. At this experiences we engaged the local comunity, because we know how is important our clients feel the inviroment. Also we have a experience manager that can help all the travel advisors to creat unique and taylor made experiences to their guests
- Number of suites: 5
- Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 123
- The 123 rooms all feature a balcony, a marble bathroom with a shower, a working desk, and either a queen-size bed or twin beds, apart from the 104-square-meter Family Sea View Room that offers both a queen-size bed and twin beds. Ranging from 30 to 104 square meters, all of the guestrooms also afford sea views, while the 74-square-meter Suite Sea View and the Family Sea View Room each play host to a bathtub
Restaurants & Bars
- À Terra Restaurant
Chefe Claudio Pontes is a recognised chef both locally and internationally. Specialised in our local products, Claudio is always developing new original recipies and very often organizes gastronomic events in the Azores inviting top Michelin star Chefs
À Terra menu reflects all this commitment to the Azores, Portugal, and the World.
The best of the art of cookery, the sea and countryside flavors, the pleasure of food. With originality and irreverence! In an authentic harmony between the most traditional recipes and our creative combinations.
- Whale Watch Bar – Roof Top.
- We have a exterior swimming pool eated on the roof top
- The Spa will be open in April/2019
Corporate & Celebration Events
- At the Azor Hotel you will find 8 multifunctional meeting rooms ideal for meetings, weddings, congresses or cocktails.
Divided between two floors with natural light, fully equipped with capacity from 10 to 350 people, in the most diverse room configurations.
Extra Notable Features
- We are just 5 minutes walking to the Marina and 10 minutes driving to Golf Courses.
- All our experiences are available HERE
Hotel and restaurant Awards
- 2017 : Boa Cama Boa mesa
Number of employees