Baglioni Hotel Luna Italy
Baglioni Hotel Luna
San Marco, 1243; 30124 Venice,
Privately owned – Baglioni Hotels
In the ‘70s, Roberto Polito, founder and president of the company, was sent to the Tuscan coast to develop a large resort for a Swiss operator. It was love at first sight when he discovered that still relatively unknown part of the Tyrrhenian coastline. In 1974, in Punta Ala, the initial step was taken with the opening of Hotel Cala del Porto, the first Baglioni Hotel. It became a family project, and together with his wife Lisa, and later with their children as well, he built up a collection of boutique hotels that is widely recognized as the epitome of Italian hospitality.
Date of Creation
Date back on 12th century
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Gianmatteo Zampieri. He is a professional with 28 years’ experience in luxury hospitality.
5-star Luxury LHW
Baglioni Hotels is about to land in the Maldives with the opening of Baglioni Resort Maldives.
Located on the island of Maagau, in the Dhaalu Atoll, this exclusive resort of 96 villas surrounded by turquoise water, velvet white sand and the tropical nature of one of the most spectacular Maldivian islands, will allow guests to experience a bespoke stay in the heart of the Indian Ocean with the unique italian hospitality of Baglioni Hotels.
Baglioni Hotel Luna
History & Story
Ideally located a few steps from Piazza San Marco, in the very heart of Venice, this historic Venetian Hotel dates back to the 12th century. It is recorded as having given shelter to the Knights Templar in 1118. In 1574 it was already known as Locanda della Luna. During the 18th century the building was decorated with frescoes by pupils of Gianbattista Tiepolo which now adorn the sumptuous Marco Polo Ballroom. Recent renovations have enhanced the Hotel with new spacious suites to spoil its guests with breathtaking views over the Lagoon and St. Mark’s Basin.
May 2014 : San Giorgio Terrace Suite.
More than just a new suite, the San Giorgio Terrace Suite is designed by the Milanese partner Rebosio+Spagnulo and represents the highest standard of hospitality, with breathtaking views of San Giorgio Island. With a 100m² terrace it is the perfect place to host special events and parties or simply to relax and unwind.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• A short distance from all the most famous historical attractions of Venice.
• Private jetty for guests to arrive directly at the hotel’s entrance by gondola or water taxi.
• 92 exclusive rooms and suites including the Signature Suite San Giorgio Terrace, enriched by handmade craftsmanship and beautiful detailing, boosting large private terraces with unparalleled and romantic views on San Giorgio Island and St. Mark’s Basin.
• Breakfast is served at the spectacular Marco Polo Ballroom, sumptuously decorated with frescoes by Pupils of Giambattista Tiepolo, perfect location for private parties.
• Award-winning Canova Restaurant, blending traditional Venetian cooking and regional specialties.
Located just few steps from Piazza San Marco in the very heart of Venice, just a short distance from some of the city’s most famous historical attractions, wonderful monuments, interesting Museums and refined boutiques. A private mooring-berth enables gondolas and motorboats to reach the entrance of the Hotel.
Key sites/activities in the area
The most famous Museums and the most precious Monuments of Venice are just few steps from the Baglioni Hotel Luna: St. Mark’s Square and its Basilica, the Doge’s Palace, the Sighs Bridge, La Salute Basilica, the Correr Museum, Rialto Bridge, Peggy Guggenheim Collection, Redeemer’s Church, Venice National Library, the Accademia, the Navy Museum, as well as the most well-known luxury boutiques.
During Carnival the hotel hosts some of the most celebrated Carnival masked balls in the city at the impressive Marco Polo Ballroom. Guests cannot miss to taste the Baglioni Hotel Luna’s unique typical Carnival sweet recipe “Frittelle”!
Baglioni Hotels welcomes families travelling with children from breakfast until night, with a dedicated program and ad hoc packages. Advantages of the family program include free extra bed for one child (up to the age of 16; maximum 1 bed per room), several choices of connecting rooms or family suites, dedicated buffet breakfast for kids, home-made cakes or fruit to welcome you to your room, children’s menu, babysitting service, gift for the family and a selection of cultural or entertainment tours in the city and its surrounding areas (the tours may be personalized and quoted according to requirement).
Number of rooms in all: 92
• N° 16 Superior double rooms
There are two types of rooms: some overlooking the typical Venetian streets or inner courtyard and some overlooking the side Canal & Royal Gardens (upon request). Approx 28 sqm. Original Venetian Style, original period furniture, Murano chandeliers, marble bathroom.
• N° 40 Deluxe double rooms
overlooking the typical Venetian streets or inner courtyard Approx. 35 sqm, Original Venetian Style, original period furniture, Murano chandeliers, marble bathroom.
• N° 21 Junior Suites
There are two types of Junior Suite: Classic and Lagoon View. Some have a wonderful view over St. Mark’s Basin and the island of San Giorgio. Approx. 45 sqm. Open plan or with two separate areas, marble bathroom, VIP treatment
• N° 11 Suites Three types: Classic, Lagoon View and Grand Lagoon View.
Some Suites have a wonderful view over the Lagoon and St. Mark’s Basin, others over Venice’s small canals running along the walls of St. Mark’s Square and the Royal Gardens. Approx. 50-60 sqm. Marble bathroom, VIP treatment; luggage opening, unpacking and packing service
• Goldoni Family Suite
Particularly suited for families with children, it offers very spacious and comfortable accommodation. View: typical Venetian streets. Approx 60 sqm. 2 bathrooms in Italian marble; 2 rooms. VIP treatment; luggage opening, unpacking and packing service
• Tiziano Lagoon View
Suite View: St. Mark’s Basin and San Giorgio Island. Approx. 60 sqm. Marble bathroom. VIP treatment; luggage opening, unpacking and packing service
• Giorgione Terrace Suite
A special feature of this suite is the Altana, a typical Venetian raised wooden terrace overlooking the city’s rooftops and making your stay here unique and unforgettable. Approx. 70 sqm approx. and 35 sqm terrace. Two Italian marble bathrooms. VIP treatment; luggage opening, unpacking and packing service
• Sansovino Lagoon View Suite
One of the most beautiful private terraces in Venice directly overlooking St. Mark’s Basin and offering an incredible view of the island of San Giorgio. Approx. 60 sqm and 76 sqm terrace. Italian marble bathroom. VIP treatment; luggage opening, unpacking and packing service
• San Giorgio Terrace Suite
It offers a unique view of San Giorgio Island from its large private terrace and is exquisitely furnished and designed with attention to the smallest details. Approx. 160 sqm indoors + 100 sqm of terrace Venetian and French handmade fabrics; Carrara and Grey Stone marble bathroom; handmade wood panels; handmade Versailles parquet. VIP treatment; butler service;
Restaurants & Bars
• The Canova Restaurant, winner of the Fogher d’Oro and Gambero Rosso awards, provides an intimate, cozy atmosphere which hosts up to 65 people. The Chef proposes suggestions and tastings from the best of Venetian culinary tradition, using extremely high-quality, fresh, seasonal products.
• The elegant Caffè Baglioni faces a small canal which runs alongside the hotel and offers a pleasant view of the famous Royal Garden. It is the ideal place to relax after a busy day of sightseeing or shopping.
In-room massage upon request
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Three meeting rooms which can accommodate from 30 up to 170 guests, equipped with the ultimate technology. The Marco Polo Ballroom, featuring frescoes by Pupils of the Tiepolo School (18th Century), is a prestigious and unique setting for meetings, banquets and receptions.
• Baglioni Hotel Luna is the perfect place for a dream wedding : from classic buffet to exclusive cocktail receptions, traditional wedding banquets and dance receptions; our staff will provide you with expert advice and tailored solutions.
Extra Notable Features
Our Concierge is at your disposal to arrange any outdoor activities in town, from a visit to the local market to live Venice like a local, to exclusive signature experiences to discover the city in a unique way. Signature experiences include a visit the Doge’s Palace with some sections usually closed to the general public, a special lunch on board of a traditional Galleon sailing towards the islands of the lagoon and a private visit to the St. Marco’ Basilica after closing time.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
Listed in the World’s Best Hotels 2015 in Travel+Leisure 500
Listed in the World’s Best Hotels 2014 in Travel+Leisure 500
Number of employees
About 90 employees