Baglioni Resort Cala del Porto
Tuscan Coast, Italy
Baglioni Resort Cala del Porto
Via del Pozzo, 58043 Punta Ala GR
Tuscan Coast – Italy
Baglioni Hotels Spa
Privately owned – Baglioni Hotels
In the ‘70s, Roberto Polito, founder and president of the company, was sent to the Tuscan coast
to develop a large resort for a Swiss operator. It was love at first sight when he discovered that still
relatively unknown part of the Tyrrhenian coastline. In 1974, in Punta Ala, the initial step was taken with the opening of Hotel Cala del Porto, the first Baglioni Hotel. It became a family project, and together with his wife Lisa, and later with their children as well, he built up a collection of boutique hotels that is widely recognized as the epitome of Italian hospitality.
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
5 star LHW
Baglioni Hotels is about to land in the Maldives with the opening of Baglioni Resort Maldives.
Located on the island of Maagau, in the Dhaalu Atoll, this exclusive resort of 96 villas surrounded by turquoise water, velvet white sand and the tropical nature of one of the most spectacular Maldivian islands, will allow guests to experience a bespoke stay in the heart of the Indian Ocean with the unique italian hospitality of Baglioni Hotels.
BAGLIONI RESORT CALA DEL PORTO
History & Story
Located just a few kilometers from the Maremma region, the vineyards of Montalcino and the cypresses of Bolgheri, it’s not hard to imagine how the spirit of Punta Ala first captivated Roberto Polito, founder of Baglioni Hotels. In the 1970s Mr. Polito and his partner Carlo Ponti, Sophia Loren’s husband, purchased a vast stretch of land in the area of the Pineta di Roccamare, with the intent to develop a hotel. Instead, through word of mouth, the area became a discrete, preferred destination for the international jet set and literary figures. People like Roger Moore, Joan Collins, the Queen of the Netherlands and Italo Calvino, along with some of the most prominent Italian families, chose this enchanting place to relax and escape amongst the green and turquoise blue of this Tuscan hideaway.
It was here that Roberto Polito’s son Guido, now CEO of Baglioni Hotels, was born and raised. Baglioni Hotel Cala del Porto is a special destination for the Polito family. Guests are welcomed to Baglioni Hotel Cala del Porto and the neighboring Baglioni Resort Alleluja as if they were guests in the Polito family home.
• 2010-2013: all rooms have been refurbished
• 2013: refurbishment of the Belvedere Restaurant
• 2014: refurbishment of La Spiaggia Restaurant
• 2014: new “La Vela” private beach club
Date added extensions
2016: New Opening of 18 rooms directly facing the sea
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Immersed in the unspoiled bay of Punta Ala, a naturalistic gem of the Tuscan Maremma
• Breathtaking sunset seaview of the tuscan Archipelago
• Attentive service for families travelling with kids
• Close to one of the most renowned International Golf Club
• Gourmet restaurant serving mediterranean fresh specialties on a sandy beach
The Baglioni Hotel Cala del Porto stands amidst a picturesque pine forests in the Tuscan Maremma, on the Tyrrhenian sea, in front of the Elba and Montecristo islands. 2 hours drive away from Rome and Florence. 1 hour 30 minutes away from Pisa and 1 hour from Siena, San Giminiano and Montalcino.
Key sites/activities in the area
Nestled on a hillside sheer above the sea, Baglioni Hotel Cala del Porto is the perfect starting point to discover famous Tuscan wineries and the region’s great artistic, historical and natural heritage, like the Etruscan sites of Populonia, Vetulonia and Roselle. Punta Ala’s highly modern tourist port and its facilities for horse-riding, hiking, tennis, sailing and other exclusive sports are only a few of the features that await you in this charming destination. For golf lovers, Punta Ala International Golf Club and the Golf Club Toscana Il Pelagone, among the most celebrated in Europe, are just nearby. Guests can access two exclusive clubs with fine white sandy beach featuring bar & restaurants and a spacious wellness & fitness area.
The new fully renovated multifunction La Vela Club: an oasis of summer comfort and relaxation on the sandy beach of Punta Ala. La Vela club features a spacious wellness area (130 m²) and fitness centre and includes a bar and a roof terrace Restaurant with panoramic views.
Baglioni Hotels welcomes families travelling with children from breakfast until night, with a dedicated program and ad hoc packages. Advantages of the family program include free extra bed for one child (up to the age of 16, maximum 1 bed per room), several choices of connecting rooms or family suites, dedicated buffet breakfast for kids, home-made cakes or fruit to welcome you to your room, children’s menu, babysitting service, kids club at La Vela Beach Club in July and August, gift for the family and a selection of cultural or entertainment tours (the tours may be personalized and quoted according to requirement).
• Grand Classic Rooms Garden View: Grand Classic rooms are elegantly furnished in pastel colours, with attention to the smallest details. They overlook the hotel’s garden and some have their own balcony. Size from: 25 m2
• Deluxe Rooms Sea View: Deluxe rooms offer a beautiful view of the sea and the Tuscan Archipelago. Some of them overlook the pool, a blue figure-of-eight design set between pine trees and Tuscan terracotta. All have a private terrace. Size from: 25 m2
• Grand Deluxe Rooms Sea View: overlooking the Tuscan sea, Grand Deluxe rooms have their own private terrace where guests can start the day with a delicious breakfast and end it with a relaxing drink under the starry sky. Size from: 25 m2
• Junior Suites: spacious, comfortable and bright with a private terrace where you can fully enjoy the wonderful panorama of the
small marina and the Tuscan Archipelago or the lush hotel garden. Size from: 30 m2
• Suites Sea View: these suites are very spacious and quiet, with two separate areas so that guests can fully enjoy the tranquillity of their room. A good-sized private terrace leads you directly to the sea, where you can lose your gaze on the horizon. Size from: 35 m2
• Panoramic Suites Sea View: these suites feature a wonderful terrace with an enchanting view over the Tuscan Archipelago, as well as stylish and elegant décor. They have two separate large areas and master and service bathrooms, with very large showers.
Size from: 50 m2
Restaurants & Bars
• The Belvedere Restaurant is a chic and refined indoor restaurant with an enchanting view of the Tuscan archipelago. The ideal place to enjoy a fine dining under the stars and the moon… Our Chef Giuseppe Angelucci suggests daily menu and Grand Carte with the flavours of the sea and the Tuscan cuisine. Not to mention a selection of high-quality wines from Italy and elsewhere to delight the connoissuer and everyone who loves to eat and drink well.
• Overlooking a sandy beach, La Spiaggia Restaurant is a beautiful location for informal lunches and summer dinners, ideal for romantic occasions or get-togethers with friends by the sea.
Our Chef offers an à la carte menu with the highest quality ingredients combined with the flavors of the Maremma
• La Vela roof terrace Restaurant with views on the Tyrrhenian sea is the ideal location for those in search of contemporary, surrounded by beautiful nature. lt’s the perfect spot to enjoy an aperitivo, evening cocktails and dinners
• Swimming pool at the Baglioni Hotel Cala del Porto with view over the Marina of Punta Ala;
• The exclusive La Vela Beach Club, an oasis of summer comfort and relaxation on the sandy beach of Punta Ala, in the heart of the Tuscan Maremma.
La Vela club features a spacious wellness area including solarium, Turkish bath and massage treatment rooms as well as a large outdoor fitness centre (for a total of more than 130m²) with Technogym equipment. The club includes a bar and a terrace with panoramic views, as well as a restaurant serving Mediterranean food and pizza. The chic beachside bar (100 m²) is the perfect place for guests to enjoy drinks and cocktails after a day in the Tuscan summer sun.
• Dedicated team: sports trainings programs for our Guests’ well-being
Corporate & Celebration Events
Baglioni Hotel Cala del Porto is the ideal place for wedding celebrations, special events and memorable incentives. For the most special of the special occasions, you can hire the hotel exclusively and let it become “Your second Home” in Tuscany.
Extra Notable Features
• International Punta Ala Golf Club, one of the most celebrated in Europe.
• Sports opportunities (sailing, diving, horse-riding, tennis, boat hire)
• Well.being activities & Programs (Fitness area with personal Trainer, Postural Training and massage, Spa, Pilates, Spinning, dedicated Healthy menus)
• Cooking classes
• Personal food & Wines shopper
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
Number of employees