Bellevue Hotel & Spa Italie
Bellevue Hotel & Spa
Rue Grand Paradis, 22 11012 Cogne (Valle d’Aosta)
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Laura Roullet, graduated from « Ecole Hotelière de Lausanne », management training at Four Seasons Chicago. Running the Bellevue with his family since 1998.
4 star boutique, Relais&Chateaux, Historical Places of Italy, 1 Michelin star restaurant
Still improving the service and quality, maintaining an authentic local mountain spirit.
BELLEVUE HOTEL & SPA
History & Story
The Bellevue was founded in 1925, three years after Gran Paradiso National Park was created from the historic hunting reserve frequented by the Royal Family. In 1926 a law was issued protecting Italian areas of great natural beauty which prohibited further construction on the Meadows of Sant’Orso. Hence, Bellevue stands in a privileged position: enclosed by the Meadows of Sant’Orso and affording a spectacular vista over Gran Paradiso Glacier. Despite being refurbished and modernised many times over the course of time, this old abode still maintains an atmosphere generally associated with bygone days.
Every year we have some news: 2013 Opening of a new part of the Spa, 2014 modification of “Le Petit Restaurant”
Date added extensions
2012 building a new area of the spa, 2015 building and opening of the new suite « The Angel’s Nest », 2016 building a new area of our shop “Le Marché aux Puces”
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Spa « Gran Paradiso Springs » won in 2013 the Prix Villégiature as Best Hotel Spa in Europe,3 Restaurants, one with a * Michelin, Very important wine cellar and Cheese cellar. Belong to the R&C and to the Historical sites of Itlay
Crowned by the highest mountains in Europe, Aosta Valley is renowned for its snow-clad peaks and perennial glaciers, green pastures, wild mountain streams gushing over steep rocks, picturesque villages with stone roofs, its industrious valley floor and especially, Gran Paradiso National Park. Cogne, deemed the capital of Gran Paradiso National Park, is a fairy-tale mountain village counting 1,400 inhabitants who have skilfully preserved the traditional features and aspect of this alpine community. It overlooks the immense Meadows of Sant’Orso, which, in summertime are swathed in blooming flowers, and pristine snow crystals in winter.
Key sites/activities in the area
During the summer, many visitors come for the delightful many walks and hikes and to visit the Gran Paradiso National Park with the beautiful flora and fauna. In winter to for Nordic skiing on the famous trails, alpine skiing, icefall climbing and snowshoe excursions. During all the year it is possible to discover the numerous Roman ruins (Aosta is called also “The Rome of the Alps”), visit wine cellars, ride with the new Skyway Cable car over the Mont Blanc.
Experience the Spa « Gran Paradiso Springs » with two swimming pools, 6 sauna, 2 steam rooms, salt grotto, ice grotto, gym area. Do a wine degustation with Rino our sommelier and a visit to the cheese cellar with Roberto. Experience the summer barbeque once a week in the alpine pastor.
We have a children’s play room. Children are welcome to the main swimming pool and Jacuzzi all day long (8am – 8 pm). The rest of the spa is reserved to adults (over 14).
• Number of rooms in all: 39
• 9 superior double rooms (32 sqm.), some with view to the village and some with view to the Gran Paradiso, five with balcony, most of them are street side, some with shower and some with bath tub. Maximum 2 people + crib
• 10 deluxe double rooms (40 sqm. approximately): 9 rooms with balcony except a family room composed by a main bedroom connecting with a smaller bedroom with two twin beds. All of them have a third bed, but in some rooms this bed is an antique pastor bed, smaller than a normal bed, it can be used only for children. All the rooms have a bath tub and a shower separate. For 2/3/4 people + crib (depending about the room)
• 3 junior suite (48 sqm. approximately), with balcony and view to the Gran Paradiso. Maximum 2 people • 7 rooms with fire-place and Jacuzzi tub (45/60 sqm). One is in the main building, the other 6 are in the new area (connected to the main building with an inside warm passage). The Jacuzzi tub is located in the bedroom (in the bathroom there is only the shower). The fire-place has not wood but is electric. All of them have a balcony. Some are a one bedroom room, some are suite with the Jacuzzi in the main bedroom and the fire-place in the living room. Some maximum 2 people, in some max. 3 or 4 + crib.
• The panoramic suite “The Angels’ Nest” with 180° view on the Sant’Orso fields and on the Gran Paradiso Glacier. Spacious living room with water fire-place, four posted bed, two en-suite bathrooms one with a bathtub which, thanks to an innovative system, can slide outside whilst surrounded by glass walls covered terrace (80 sqm)
• 3 chalet located in front of the main building: Lou Beu and Lou Mayen (sqm. 48) with at the first floor the main bedroom with bathroom,, and at the ground floor a living room area with fire-place; La Cheminée (sqm. 92) with two bedrooms, two bathrooms (one with a king size Jacuzzi) and a living room with fire-place. The fire-place has not wood but is electric.
Restaurants & Bars
• The Bellevue Restaurant Italian cuisine Chef Fabio Iacovone
• Le Petit Restaurant (1 * Michelin) Italian cuisine/gourmet Chef Fabio Iacovone (only 4 tables)
• Bar à Fromage, restaurant de montagne typical restaurant Chef Simone Perrod
• La Brasserie du Bon Bec (located 100 m. far from the hotel), chef Marcello Sottile
• « Gran Paradiso Springs » Wellness and Spa
• Two swimming pools, one Jacuzzi tub, six saunas, two steam baths, a frosty space, a great saline cave, Technogym fitness area and several rest rooms.
• A large range of treatments for face and body and numerous wellness path.
•Children are welcome only to the main swimming pool and jacuzzi, the rest of the spa is reserved only for adults (over 14)
Corporate & Celebration Events
• A meeting room available for a maximum of 18 people
Extra Notable Features
• Once a week our sommelier organize a wine degustation. We have daily activities like yoga, visit to the wine cellar, to the cheese cellar, in the summer a weekly barbeque in our cottage located in the hearth of the national park.
Cross country slopes start from the garden of the hotel. Shuttlle service to the down hill skiing of Cogne (located 500m. far from the hotel)
Hotel and restaurant Awards
2017 – « Welcome Trophy 2017 » Relais & Chateaux
2016 – Won the “Welcome Trophy 2017” of Relais & Chateaux
2015 – One Michelin Star (since 2003)
2014 – Our wine list received 3 stars from “The World of Fine Wines, World best wine list”
2013 – Won the “Prix Villégiature” as best Hotel Spa of Europe.
Number of employees