Belmond Hotel Caruso Italy
Belmond Hotel Caruso
Piazza San Giovanni del Toro 2, 84010 Ravello (SA),
New York Stock Exchange
Date of Creation
Originally built in the 11th century, property of Belmond since 2005.
Hotel General Manager
Franco Girasoli – born in Tuscany, Franco managed our sister property Belmond Villa San Michele in Florence for many years, before moving to the Amalfi Coast in 2008.
BELMOND HOTEL CARUSO
History & Story
Sat on a limestone throne at the peaceful pinnacle of Ravello, Belmond Hotel Caruso gazes out over the Tyrrhenian Sea. The hotel was originally built in the 11th century by a wealthy family, shipwrecked on their journey to Constantinople. It was once called Palazzo d’Afflitto—the Palace of the Afflicted. Today, the name could not be further from the truth. Belmond Hotel Caruso boasts all the worldly luxuries anyone could desire. Vibrant frescoed salons play neighbour to stone vaults adorned with arches and chandeliers. Marbled hallways lead to rooms brimming with antiques and paintings by old masters. In each nook visitors will uncover a new and intriguing part of the hotel’s history.
Light refurbishment in 2017.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
– The panoramic heated infinity pool, in a spectacular location dominating the Amalfi coast below and with incredible views
– The building is a jewel in itself, with ancient 18th-century frescoes adorning guestrooms and public areas
– The terraced gardens blooming with roses, lemon and olive trees
– Complimentary shuttle service to Amalfi and Positano
– Complimentary boast cruises along the coast
Set into the cliff edge 350m (1150ft) above sea level, high above tiered groves of lemons and olive vines, Belmond Hotel Caruso is magnificently positioned for adventure and exploration.
This Amalfi Coast hotel is also ideally located for sightseeing: it’s 7km from Amalfi’s town centre, 18km from Positano and 28km from the lost city of Pompeii.
Key sites/activities in the area
– Lemon Tour in the Valley of the Mills near Amalfi
– Vespa tours along the coast
– “Meeting the Artisans” tour to visit skilled craftsmen and traditional artisan workshop
– Garden Tours with Head Gardner Gaetano
– Tours of Underground Naples, to have a new perspective on the city
– Complimentary shuttle service to Amalfi and Positano
• The hotel offers a “Serenade” service, with professional musicians that can accompany your declaration to your loved one, which will be escorted on a romantic balcony – for modern days Romeo and Juliet!
• Our team can set the perfect stage for your romantic evening arranging a floating table for two on the amazing infinity pool, suspended 1,000 feet above the Amalfi Coast.
Let our expert tutors entertain your little ones. From directing your own movie trailer to pizza making, children will be captivated. Relax knowing that they are receiving expert supervision while at play. Children’s amenities and babysitting service are available.
• Number of suites: 28 (from 40 to 95 sq m)
– Suite Exclusive
– Suite Deluxe
– Suite Superior
– Junior Suite Executive
– Junior Suite Deluxe
– Junior Suite Superior
• Number of Luxury rooms: 23 (from 42 to 50 sq m)
– Double Deluxe
– Double Superior
– Double Village View
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 51
All accommodation includes:
Air conditioning – 24-hour room service – Mini-bar – Complimentary wireless/wired internet – Twice-daily housekeeping service – Satellite TV and DVD player – Daily newspapers – Courtesy lines by Bvlgari, Penhaligon’s, Molton Brown
Restaurants & Bars
Belvedere Restaurant: Famed for its superb selection of fresh, local Mediterranean dishes, Belmond Hotel Caruso’s Belvedere Restaurant offers diners an unforgettable experience. Chef Mimmo di Raffaele takes guests on a tantalising journey of discovery. Traditional Italian specialties inspire innovative dishes. Dine in the elegant indoor dining room, the atmospheric outdoor terrace, or in the al fresco area close to the pool, surrounded by ancient rose bushes.
Pool Restaurant: For the ultimate al fresco experience, the Pool Restaurant is a must visit. With the stunning infinity pool as the backdrop, the emphasis is on relaxation and fine food, characterised by the lavish salad bar and traditional wood-fired pizzas.
Cocktail and Piano Bar: Atmospherically lit and with magnificent frescoes, it offers an extensive list of innovative cocktails
Bubbles Bar: Located in the hotel gardens, along the ancient colonnade that leads to the swimming pool, Bubbles Bar is the perfect place for an aperitif or a casual dinner.
Swimming pool: An architectural masterpiece, it’s set at the highest point above the town of Ravello, seemingly suspended in the clouds, providing an unparalleled vista and breathtaking views of the coastline.
Fitness centre: Re-energise your body after a good night’s sleep with a workout in the tranquil surroundings of the hotel’s beautiful garden or the air-conditioned gym. There’s a full range of cardio equipment and weight machines, all positioned in front of a panoramic window providing a timely distraction.
Step up tour: Get active with a fun fitness session around Ravello. Work out with our expert personal trainer, and discover some of the most beautiful corners of this charming town along the way.
Corporate & Celebration Events
The hotel offers two private event rooms with direct access to the lush gardens, which are the ideal setting for an extensive range of activities and celebrations – from pic-chics to banquets. Whether it’s a family reunion, wedding anniversary or milestone birthday, as well as a corporate event or meeting, we can arrange a captivating setting in the secluded grounds of the hotel.
Extra Notable Features
Pizza Cooking Classes are incredibly fun and tasty, and are held at the Pool Restaurant.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
Condé Nast Traveler “Top Hotels in Italy” #22
T+L “The Top 15 Resort Hotels in Europe” #15
T+L “The Top 10 Resort Hotels in Italy” #6
2016 – 2015
Andrew Harper’s “Top 20 International Hideaways” #18
T+L “The best Resort Hotels in Italy” n. 93.42
T+L “World’s Best Hotels” n. 48, score 93.60
Number of employees
Up to 120