Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons
Oxford, OX44 7PD
Belmond, Relais and Châteaux
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Originally hailing from the Netherlands, Mr Kroese is a seasoned hotelier with over 18 years’ experience in the hospitality industry. He joined Belmond on the 14th December 2015 from Château St. Gerlach, a Camille Oostwegel Château Hotels and Restaurants property he managed since March 2011. Prior to this, Kroese oversaw the pre-opening of Sankara Nairobi in Kenya and held roles at leading luxury hotel brands including InterContinental and Mandarin Oriental.
BELMOND LE MANOIR AUX QUAT’ SAISONS
History & Story
One of the UK’s most celebrated chefs, Raymond Blanc’s many successes have culminated in the dreamlike Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons. Tucked away in the picturesque countryside, this 15th-century manor sets the standard for haute cuisine. Raymond aimed to create a place where guests could relax and savour the surroundings. Stunning gardens are the envy of botanists worldwide, while the honey-hued manor is warmed by open fires through winter. It is truly a house for all seasons. Guests of Belmond Le Manoir can expect enriching experiences in the world of culture, gastronomy, horticulture.
Interior Designer Emily Todhunter
Discover the latest unique sanctuary designed by Raymond Blanc and Emily Todhunter, Chinoiserie.
Date added extensions
Last rennovation took place 2010
Main Strengths, Special Touch
After a sensational Michelin-starred feast, retire to one of the manor house’s 32 individually-designed hotel rooms—each one drawing inspiration from Raymond’s travels. No matter which you pick, top-tier comforts combine with imaginative decor to create an irresistible hideaway. Raymond Blanc has worked with his good friend, interior designer Emily Todhunter to add another tier of excellence to Belmond Le Manoir.
French joie de vivre in a perfect English setting, where you will find exemplary service, comfort and cuisine.
Key sites/activities in the area
Our Oxford Walking Tour explores the city’s scenic twists and turns, pausing to admire famous colleges and to enjoy the historic city centre. Nature lovers might prefer to brave the rolling hills with a picturesque Cotswold or Thames Valley Tour. Or Take in a drama or comedy at the Oxford Playhouse, or a musical at the New Theatre Oxford.
Journey to nearby Bicester Village for a first-class spending spree. This charming outlet village offers some of the chicest and best designer names in Britain.
We are proudly the first Michelin starred kitchen in the UK to have its own cookery school and it remains the best centre of culinary knowledge. We have also received two Michelin stars in 1984, the first year of our opening, and, remarkably, have held them ever since.
The Raymond Blanc Gardening School is the first of its kind in the UK within a hotel property dedicated to horticulture.
Children are welcome throughout the hotel and restaurant. At Belmond Le Manoir we offer learning experiences with children’s cookery courses in The Raymond Blanc Cookery School. If dining each children will be offered to go in to the main kitchen where they can choose their own ice cream with the pastry team.
32 individually-designed bedrooms and suites across 7 categories:
• 7 Deluxe rooms
• 4 Junior Suites
• 7 Garden Junior Suites
• 4 Studio Suites
• 2 One Bedroom Suites
• 4 Deluxe Studio Suites
• 4 Garden One Bedroom Suites
Restaurants & Bars
• Two star Michelin restaurant
Described as “a twist of imaginative genius”, Raymond Blanc’s vision for Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons has always been one of world-class gastronomic flair and outstanding organic produce.
Treat yourself to true indulgence, in the comfort of your own room or suite. We offer a wide range of signature treatments, massages and therapies for you to choose from.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Whether 15 or 50 guests, host a spectacular party in our private dining room.
• Hire includes use of the Provençal-style reception room, secluded walled garden, dining room and the new La Belle Époque Conservatory. Overlooking the 15th century manor house and gardens, the Conservatory has a private entrance and provides a bright, open space for post dinner aperitifs and receptions.
Extra Notable Features
• Embrace your passion for food and create beautiful and imaginative cuisine in The Raymond Blanc Cookery School. Our courses are suitable for all experience levels.
• Add another dimension to your culinary adventure. Discover garden to plate in The Raymond Banc Gardening School.
• Enjoy a gastronomic experience with a tour of the wine cellars with our head sommelier finishing off with a glass of champagne at the bar.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Hoteliers Hotels Top 100 2018 United Kingdom #1
• Hoteliers Hotels Best Food Hotel 2018 United Kingdom #1
• TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Awards 2017-#2 restaurant in the world and #2 restaurant in the UK
• The Times and Sunday Times Awards 2017-Best European and UK Hotel of The Year
• Food and Travel Awards-‘Hotel of the Year’ award/ ‘Rural Hotel of the Year’
• The Caterer’s Hotelier Top 10-Best Hotel in the UK’ & ‘Best Food Hotel in the UK
• Trip Advisor’s Travelers’ Choice Awards 2017-World #16
• Trip Advisor’s Travelers’ Choice Awards 2017, Top 25 Luxury Hotels-Europe #6
• Trip Advisor’s Travelers’ Choice Awards 2017, Top 25 Luxury Hotels United Kingdom-#1
• Hoteliers Hotels Top 100 2017 United Kingdom #1
• Hoteliers Hotels Best Food Hotel 2017 United Kingdom #1
• Square Meal UK Top 100 Restaurants #2
• Conde Nast Best UK Locations 2017 #14
• Mr and Mrs Smith-Best hotel restaurant–runner up
• The Times, The Sunday Times, Sunday Times Travel Magazine Reader Awards-Best UK and European Hotel
• National Restaurant Awards-Sustainable Restaurant of the Year
• TripAdvisor Traveller’ Choice Awards-#1 in the UK, #3 in Europe, #6 in the world
• Good Food Guide’s Top 50 Restaurants-#31
• Hoteliers Hotels Top 100 2017-United Kingdom #2
• UK Considerate Hotel of the Year – Considerate Hoteliers awards
• AA Food Service Award 2015-2016
• TripAdvisor Traveller Choice Awards for Restaurants – 3rd Best Restaurant in UK, 7th Best Restaurant in Europe, 9th Best Restaurant Worldwide.
• Number 61 in the Elite 100 Restaurants.
• Best UK Hotel by The Times, The Sunday Times and Times Travel Magazine Annual Readers’ Awards.
• National Restaurant Awards 13th in the top 100 restaurants in the UK
• 13th in the top 100 National Restaurant Awards in the UK.
• Sustainable hotel Restaurant of the year – The Sustainable Restaurant Association.
• Trip Advisor Travellers Choice Restaurant Award – 2nd in the UK and 8th in the world.
• Best UK Hotel, Best Pudding, Best Service – The Times, & Sunday Times Travel Magazine.
Number of employees