Belmond Villa San Michele
Belmond Villa San Michele
Via Doccia 4, 50014 Fiesole
New York Stock Exchange
Date of creation
Hotel built in the 15th century, property of Belmond since 1982
Emanuele Manfroi, has been the property General Manager since 2016 after working for Belmond Hotel Cipriani in Venice.
Luxury 5 star
BELMOND VILLA SAN MICHELE
History and Story
It’s rare, especially in a city as magnetic as Florence, for a hotel to be a destination in itself. Yet marrying Renaissance splendour with contemporary luxury, this former medieval monastery captures the imagination.
Nestled on the verdant Fiesole hills, Belmond Villa San Michele echoes Florence as a whole. Blending 15th century artistic flair with the region’s ethereal beauty, the hotel is as inspiring as the city’s greatest cathedrals and galleries. Our facade, attributed to Michelangelo, is hugged by lush woodland and terraced gardens. From here, visitors enjoy an unparalleled panorama over Florence and the Chianti hills beyond.
- new Leonardo Suite
- new Garden Bar
Main strengths, special touch
• Housed in a former 15th-century Franciscan monastery, whose facade is attributed to Michelangelo
• Cutting-edge exhibits by famous contemporary Street Art artists
• Breathtaking views of Florence from our Italian gardens and panoramic swimming pool
• Limonaia Villa, a private villa in a secluded corner of the gardens boasting a heated, stone plunge pool
• Famous Cookery School to learn how to prepare the best Italian specialities
• Panoramic pool in the terraced gardens
• La Loggia Restaurant, offering Tuscan and Italian cuisine with an enchanting view of Florence
• Unique venues for events including the frescoed Cenacolo Room and the Davanzati Room boasting large windows with a view of Florence
Located on the hills just above Florence, boasting a breathtaking view of the city and just 15 minutes by complimentary shuttle service from the city centre.
Contemporary art and history meet at Belmond Villa San Michele. For the 2017 season the hotel is hosting a unique street art exhibition feauring all the most important artists of the Florentine scene.
Key sites/activities in the area
- Exclusive tour to discover the street art scene in Florence
- “Meeting the Artisans” tour to visit skilled craftmen and traditional artisan workshop
- Discover Florence on board an Ape Calessino
- Learn the art of sculpture at Galleria Romanelli
- Enjoy exclusive access to the terraces of the Duomo
- Raft along the Arno river
• Belmond Villa San Michele lies on Monte Ceceri where Leonardo da Vinci made one of the earliest experiments in human fight. It is said that he tested his flying machine for the first time there.
• At Belmond Villa San Michele, past and present are in perfect synergy – exhibitions mixing Renaissance masterpieces and contemporary street art define the hotel’s pioneering spirit.
A dedicated Kids’ Concierge will be happy to suggest the funniest activities in Florence for families and babysitting service available on request.
• Number of suites: 27 (from 50 up to 200 sq m)
- Limonaia Suite and Villa
- Leonardo Suite
- Donatello Suite
- Garden Suite
- Junior Suite Executive
- Junior Suite Deluxe
- Junior Suite Superior
• Number of Luxury rooms: 18 (from 26 up to 40 sq m)
- Double Deluxe
- Double Superior
- Double Classic
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 45
All accommodation include Complimentary internet – Mini-bar – Fresh flowers – Coffee and tea facilities in suites – Courtesy bathroom lines by Bvlgari and Marvis – Twice-daily housekeeping service – Daily newspapers – 24-hour room service
Restaurants & bars
• La Loggia Restaurant
With its 15th-century setting and exceptional cuisine, La Loggia is widely regarded as one of the best restaurants in Florence. Guests can taste delicious Tuscan specialities while admiring the stunning view over Florence. Chef: Attilio Di Fabrizio
• Pool Restaurant
The Pool Restaurant is the perfect place for a light lunch or snack by the pool
• La Loggia (outdoor) and Cloister Bar (indoor)
The bars are the perfect place to chill out while sipping a delicious aperitivo or a cocktail after dinner
• Garden Bar
Located in the Italian gardens, the Garden Bar is perfect to sip an after dinner cocktail listening to live piano music.
• Panoramic swimming pool
• Fitness centre
• Outdoor and in-room massages available
Corporate and celebration events
The hotel offers exquisite facilities that are perfect for business events, special celebrations, and weddings. The Cenacolo Room with its beautiful fresco offers the perfect setting for a meeting or private banquet, while the Davanzati Room offers meeting and banqueting space for up to 100 guests. Moreover, ceremonies and banquets, as well as cocktails, can be organized in the lush Italian gardens. For absolute privacy, guests can enjoy exclusive use of our hotel and have access to spectacular venues that are usually off-limits. For example, they can stage a celebration right in front of Michelangelo’s famous facade or in the sublime La Loggia Restaurant.
Extra notable features
Fun cooking classes for adults and kids are available at the famous Cookery School. Guests will learn how to cook the best Italian specialities together with Chef Attilio Di Fabrizio.
Hotel and restaurant(s) Awards
Robb Report Malaysia “THE SECRET GARDENS OF ITALY’S MOST BEAUTIFUL HOTELS” #2`
Robb Report.com “8 Divine Hotels with a holy history” #4
Condè Nast Traveler “Gold List 2016: The Top Hotels in the World”
Condè Nast Traveler “Top Hotels in Florence – Readers’ choice awards 2016” #3
The Telegraph “The Best Hotels in Florence 2016” #8
Condè Nast Traveler “Best Hotels in Florence – Readers’ choice awards 2015” #3
Number of employees
Up to 82