Strada comunale Egnazia
Puglia – Italy
San Domenico Hotels
Date of Creation
5 star – LHW
History & Story
“To provide our guests with an experience that can’t be enjoyed anywhere else and is based on local authenticity, spirit and beauty”: this vision has allowed the Melpignano family to help transform Puglia into one of the most sought-after and beloved destinations across the world, starting in 1996 with Masseria San Domenico, originally the family’s private vacation home. Today, Borgo Egnazia is the biggest property of the San Domenico Hotels group.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Local Adviser : We strongly believe the richness and depth of Puglia can only be effectively presented by Apulian people. Always at your side during your stay at the Borgo, a Local Adviser is a kind of special “local friend” who knows and loves the place and grows an empathic relationship with you, opening closed doors, telling unheard tales, arranging the unexpected, anticipating and fulfilling your wish or curiosity, whether it’s places or exhibits to visit, “off-map” tips, folk traditions and customized experiences.
Discovering Puglia is the beginning of a true experience of love. During the relatively mild fall and winter seasons, a vast choice of produce from the ground, beautiful colours, unique village festivals and ancient traditions is guaranteed, while spring and summer literally make Puglia bloom and burst with events, beach parties and shows.
Key sites/activities in the area
This region is really rich in architectural beauty, from the amazing towns of the Itria Valley (the breath taking “cummerse” houses in Locorotondo or Ostuni, the “White Town”) to the small seafront village of Polignano and Monopoli, and the marvels of the Salento area (the Baroque buildings in Lecce, also known as “the Florence of Southern Italy”, and the measured elegance of Otranto, the easternmost city on the Italian peninsula).
Borgo Egnazia offers a unique type of hospitality, tailormade to every possible need. Our activities will become unforgettable experiences for all of our guests. 2 private beaches: Cala Masciola, which houses BE’s Nautical Center and La Fonte , ideal for families. 3 large outdoor pools and 1 indoor
Borgo Egnazia has a tradition of ensuring good and fun holidays for the whole family. Little guests are welcome into the magical world of Trullalleri Kid’s Club, while teenagers can either attend the Marinai or Tarantari Club. So many experiences and activities wait for your children here: a real farm full with animals to take care of, bike trips, cooking classes, to name just a few.
• Number of suites:59
• Number of Luxury rooms: 184
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: •184
Restaurants & Bars
• Due Camini restaurant : refined gourmet restaurant awarded with a 2019 Michelin star. A place where Mediterranean culinary tradition and contemporary creation sit at the same table: the dishes tell stories of flavours reminiscent of old times, reinterpreted in a contemporary light by the Executive Chef Domingo Schingaro.
• La Frasca : Authentic Puglian trattoria in the heart of Borgo Egnazia, where you can discover the deep rural roots of the typical regional cuisine and celebrate the treasures of tradition.
• Mia Cucina : true local cuisine where you can feel and share the warmth of an authentic Puglian home.
• Cala Masciola : restaurant by the sea in the enchanting bay of Cala Masciola – the private beach of Borgo Egnazia.
• Il Cortile : a pleasant open-air space focused on “live cooking” with all the creativity of the Puglian cuisine.
• Da Frisella : at Borgo Egnazia children do not simply have a menu dedicated to their tastes. But an entire restaurant.
At Borgo Egnazia wellbeing is everywhere. Whether it is a relaxing but powerful walk in the morning sun, an afternoon dedicated to discovering the natural beauty of the countryside on a cycle tour, a glass of wine by the sea or a delicious meal prepared with local produce. In this heart-warming place, nestled amongst millennial-old olive trees, everyone is free to find his own equilibrium according to his own taste and needs and everything is designed to ensure guests spend their precious time at their own pace, synchronizing with the Puglian rhythm and the welcoming joy of local people.
Corporate & Celebration Events
The 10 meeting rooms are extremely functional and equipped for all types of events, with highly professional secretarial services and high-speed wireless connection. Capacity: 10 to 300 people 3800 square meters of available space (1200 square meters of indoor space and 2600 square meters of outdoor space) Business center open 24/7 with laptops and secretarial services upon request.
Extra Notable Features
We provide a wide range of opportunities and facilities allowing you to pursue all of your preferred relaxation and sports activities. We feature three large outdoor pools (one of which is heated), one heated indoor pool, four tennis courts, alongside a boutique (Bottega Egnazia), a game room, a cigar room and a reading room. In the warm months, you can also enjoy a dive or a sunbath at our two private beaches: the rocky Cala Masciola, equipped with a Water Sports centre and fresh fish restaurant Pescheria Da Vito, and the sandy La Fonte, ideal for families since it features a nice Kids Area.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
– Stella Michelin 2019 – ristorante Due Camini
– Le Guide de L’Espresso, I Ristoranti d’Italia 2018 – “Novità dell’anno” (Tre cappelli – Ristorante Due Camini)
– Travel + Leisure 2018 World’s Best Hotels – #1 Best Hotel in Italy
– Condé Nast Traveller Readers’ Awards 2018 – Runner Up prize for Best Overseas Hotel Spa
Altagamma – Premio Giovani Imprese
Number of employees