Boutique Hotel Alhambra Croatia
Boutique Hotel Alhambra
Čikat 16, 51550 Mali Lošinj
Lošinj Hotels & Villas
Date of Creation
Built 1912 / complete renovation 2015
Hotel General Manager
5-star Luxury Boutique Hotel, Member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World
Lošinj Hotels & Villas plans future development the luxury infrastructure in the Čikat Bay with the goal to become one of the leading luxury destination in the Adriatic.
BOUTIQUE HOTEL ALHAMBRA
History & Story
At the end of the 19th century, the Austro-Hungarian government in Vienna declared Lošinj a natural health resort. The Island then became established as the very first tourist island along the Austrian Riviera. Between 1911 and 1913, Alfred Keller a leading Austrian architect, graphic designer and painter designed the breathtakingly luxurious Hotel Alhambra. In the most beautiful Lošinj bay, Čikat, and in the idyllic surroundings of the Park Forest, next to the sea, surrounded by tall pines, agaves and palm trees, sheltered from the wind, lies one of the most luxurious Lošinj’s hotels – the Boutique Hotel Alhambra.
Complete renewal in 2015.
Date added extensions
Modern Annex Building added in 2015 which connects the 2 historic villas.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Gourmet restaurant Alfred Keller, offering fresh local slow food and an impressive collections of handpicked wines
• Dine Around option in 9 restaurants
• Romantic & exclusive Spa Area
• Tailor-made excursions with private transfers, luxury speed boats or traditional sailing yacht.
Located in the most beautiful Lošinj bay, Čikat, and in the idyllic surroundings of the Park Forest, next to the sea, surrounded by tall pines, agaves and palm trees, sheltered from the wind. Mali Lošinj, a town with a long history of maritime and tourism tradition. is only a 20 min panoramic walk away.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Water sport centre
• Tennis courts with floodlight
• Over 250 km of walking trails
• The newly opened Museum of Apoxyomenos
• Private boat charter
The name Čikat Bay is related to the Croatian word « čekati » which means waiting. In past times the bay was the arrival and departure point for the famous Lošinj sailors. When they arrived or departed for a long journey their wives used to welcome or farewell them in the beautiful bay – therefore the name…
Number of rooms in all: 36 Deluxe rooms and 15 suites
• Deluxe rooms are double rooms with balcony overlooking the sea and the romantic Čikat Bay or Park Forest Čikat. Bright and spacious, rooms spread over 32 to 52 square meters, while the balcony surface area can be up to 24 square meters. All deluxe rooms have carpet, and the bathrooms are made of stone or a combination of stone and mosaic. The bathrooms feature a shower and a bathtub, two sinks, a bidet and high quality cosmetics for everyday care. Balcony’s with a stone floor or wooden deck have
ensemble seating. There are two rooms adapted to the needs of the disabled.
• Čikat Bay Suite consists of a double bedroom and a living room with a dining table, a bathroom and a balcony. It faces the sea with a unique view of the Čikat Bay. Size of the suite is 56 to 62 square meters, while that of the spacious balcony is between 13 and 38 square meters. The suites have carpet flooring, and the bathroom’s floors are stone and mosaic. In the bathrooms the guests have a shower and a bathtub, two sinks and a bidet. The balconies with a wooden deck have ensemble seating. Three suites are with bigger
balconies. Balconies are equipped with deck chairs.
• Alhambra Suite includes a double bedroom, a living room
and a bathroom. The total surface area of Alhambra suite is 65 square meters.
All suites have fitted carpet floor covering. Bathrooms are tiled in stone and equipped with shower, two wash basins, bidet and premium cosmetic for daily use.
• Augusta Suite features a double bedroom and a living room with a dining table, as well as a bathroom and a terrace, a stone floor loggia or balcony. All Augusta suite bedrooms are lined with carpet while living rooms are with parquet.
The bathrooms include a shower and a bathtub, two sinks and a bidet (one suite doesn’t have a bidet). All Augusta Suites are overlooking the sea and the beautiful Čikat Bay. Spacious and comfortable, these suites occupy between 50 to 69 square meters, while the area of terrace, loggia or balcony, reflecting the original Austro- Hungarian architecture, covers up to 11 square meters. The stone floor balconies, loggias and terraces have ensemble seating. Two apartments on the ground floor do not have their own terrace, so guests are welcome to use the lounge area of 20 square meters, with a terrace of 10 square meters, located nearby on the same floor, and common to the whole Villa Augusta.
• Luxury Suites feature two double bedrooms and a living room lined with carpet, two bathrooms and a balcony. In bathrooms, guests can enjoy a shower, tub, two sinks and a bidet.
Bright and spacious, Luxury Suites provide absolute comfort in the 110 square meters of space. The balcony of the suite is with wooden decking and is equipped with a seating set, deck chairs and offer a wonderful view of Čikat Bay. Two separate entrances to the suite guarantee a complete discretion and privacy.
Restaurants & Bars
• Gourmet Restaurant Alfred Keller
• Porto Cigale Lobby Bar
• Pasara Beach Bar
• Wine & Dine Nedella / for exclusive rental
• Dine Around Option in 9 restaurants
• Indoor heated pool with seawater
• Fitness, Yoga
• Private hotel beach (with sun chairs, parasols, beach towels)
• Massages and beauty treatments
• Finnish and Mediterranean saunas
• Relaxation area with Tea Corner
• Water paradise – excellent combination of four different showers
• Showers of experience
• Fitness – top quality equipment for cardiovascular training and strength and endurance training – Technogym Artis line, winner of the Red Dot Design Award
Corporate & Celebration Events
Banquet and meeting room up to 40 guests.
Extra Notable Features
• Wine tastings
• Private boat charters
Number of employees