Can Bordoy Grand House & Garden Spain
Can Bordoy Grand House & Garden
Forn de la Glória 14,
07012 Palma de Mallorca,
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Giovanni Merello. Giovanni possesses a potent combination of extensive experience in the luxury hospitality sector. He has been working for both private luxury award winning properties such as Forte Village Resort, SHA Wellness Clinic and international luxury groups at Starwood Sheraton and St. Regis, Royal Karma Group or Grand Heritage Hotels International with which he spent the last four years managing their franchised project and services for some properties in Italy and Egypt.
5-star Luxury ; Preferred Hotels & Resorts.
The project was created as a new concept from the very beginning. Its architecture and design was carried out by the OHLAB architectural firm, and they were able to capture the vision of its owner, Don Mikael Hall. He saw the building’s essence, and wanted to capture the light that seeped through its cracks to reflect, through Jaime Oliver and Paloma Hernaiz at OHLAB, an interior design style that has set a precedent.
Can Bordoy Grand House & Garden
History & Story
The Can Bordoy building, which dates back to the 16th century, represents in itself a beautiful metaphor that makes a mark on everyone who visits it: that we must be prepared for life’s endless flow of transformations, and that the greatest beauty is born of wounds, cracks and difficult moments.
The building’s past, its history and its cracks combine with contemporary design, creating surroundings that have been published in the world’s most prestigious magazines and publications, not only for its spectacular spaces but also for its hospitality, recovering the domestic service traditions of old nobility. The past meets the present in our Grand House with a solemn respect for the traditions and good manners of yesterday. Can Bordoy hides an exuberant surprise in its interior, one that makes it completely different from the rest of Mallorca’s hotels: its secret garden.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
A one-of-a-kind escape in Palma. Built around a private garden and sparkling pool, the property is peaceful and serene, the perfect place to unplug and unwind. The contemporary space melds with Old World charm, bringing art, architecture, and modern design to the forefront.
Can Bordoy is in the heart of La Lonja, Palma de Mallorca’s Old Quarter and one of its most emblematic areas, perfect for a relaxed stroll through its narrow streets. The crème de la crème of the district is the La Lonja itself, the spectacular 15th century building after which the neighbourhood is named. Can Bordoy is the closest hotel to the harbour and yacht moorings, and just a stone’s throw from Palma’s major shopping, gastronomic and cultural attractions. These include the world-famous La Seu Cathedral, the animated Paseo del Borne and the Paseo Maritimo.
Key sites/activities in the area
– Visit Palmas landmark : La Seu Cathedral
– Explore Casco Antiguo (the oldtown) : Wander through medieval streets to be immersed in history and culture. Alongside galleries and museums, you’ll find great shops and top restaurants. Places worth visiting along the way: The peaceful Bishop’s Garden and the Banys Àrabs (Arab Baths).
– Visit Es Baluard Museum of Modern & Contemporary Art and the Miró Foundation
– Experience the food market at Santa Catalina.
– Take a stroll along the borne : the most important shopping street on Mallorca
Mr. B is a beautiful Afghan Hound welcomes guests at Can Bordoy. With his elegance, aristocratic demeanour, and affectionate, tranquil nature, he is an excellent companion both for the team and the guests, as well as acting as a host for the pets that visit the hotel.
• Number of suites: 24
All of the featuring: interactive SMART LED TV, high speed internet access, laptop size safe with eclectic socket, floor level shower, internet radio, extra large king-size bed with firmness control system, VIP toiletries & cosmetics, smart toilet, designer furnitures and appliances. Benefits include: concierge & butler service, all day a la carte breakfast, courtesy shuttle in Palmas city center, complimentary newspaper and evening turn down service.
Traveller Suite (3) – 30 m2. Room with views of the interior patios or the old quarter. Our comfortable Traveler Suite, measuring from 30 m2, has an extra large king-size bed, a floor level shower and an elegant roll top bath.
Junior Suite (4) – 35 m2. Suite with views of the interior patios, the old quarter or garden. Our comfortable Junior Suite, measuring from 35 m2 has an extra large king-size bed and an elegant bathroom with floor level shower.
Deluxe Suite (7) – 45 m2. Suite with views of the interior patios, the old quarter or garden. Our Deluxe Suite, measuring from 45 m2, has an extra-large king-size bed, a floor level shower and a roll top bath
Premium Suite (9) – Suite with views of the interior patios, the old quarter or garden. Our excusive and luminous Grand Suite, measuring from 55 m2, has an extra-large king-size bed, a floor level shower and an elegant roll top bath
Grand Suite (1) – 80 m2. Our luxurious and spacious Grand Suite with elegant spaces and exquisite touches of luxury has an incredible view of our exuberant garden. Our ample and luxurious Grand Suite, measuring 80 m2, has an extra-large designer king-size bed, a floor level shower and a roll top bath. The most exclusive room in the hotel, complete with luxury amenities and VIP details.
Restaurants & Bars
• Botànic Restaurant lead by Chef Andrés Benítez. Natural, modest cuisine is the hallmark of this new luxury gastronomy concept bringing together gourmet flavours with conscious and nurturing cuisine. As well as its organic and healthy qualities, Botànic’s menu is dynamic, different and open to its diner’s appetites, so that they can enjoy, at any time of the day, different options according to their preferences. Although it isn’t vegetarian or vegan cuisine, these options can also be found on the menu so as to suit these nutritional needs. Table d’Hôte at night, Botànic offers the diner a seven-course tasting dinner menu that is updated every two months. It is the best way to get to know the “healthy gourmet cuisine” of chef Andrés Benítez. This is without forgetting the extensive wine list that has 140 selections, between them fragrant, sparkling, red, white and rosé. Many of the wines are of Mallorcan “designation of origin”, recommended by sommelier Emiliano Mei
The Spa is a sophisticated and inspiring atmosphere of serenity and relaxation. The original natural stone walls dated from the XII century and dimly illuminated by dozens of candles, are fused with an exciting international collection of wellness treatments, and with the world’s leading beauty brands. Gaia and Swiss Perfection, references within traditional Swiss hospitality, are just some of the products that our therapists work with. Part of the spa’s facilities will be situated in the garden in order to harness nature’s elements.
The Spa features include : double massage cabins, Spa Suite with Dornbracht horizontal shower, whirpool and a special Ayurvedic treatment room.
Rooftop plunge pool with glassbottom.
The hotel also features a heated swimming pool in the garden and a whirpool.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• 4 different dining areas are available in the hotel and each can be privatized (library, restaurant, garden, rooftop).
Total capacity of 300 persons in cocktail style in the garden.
• Full privatisation of the hotel also possible on request.
Extra Notable Features
• Water sport activities available within less than 10 km of the hotel
• South of Europe’s best golf courses on the island of Mallorca (with privileged access through Can Bordoy)
• Hiking and driving experiences through Mallorca’s scenic landscapes
• Individualization of the butler service
Number of employees