Cap Rocat Mallorca, Spain
Ctra. d’enderrocat, s/n
07609 Cala Blava
Mallorca – Spain
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Founder of Marugal Hotel Management, within the hospitality industry, Marugal is specialised in the luxury segment; 4 or 5 star small to medium sized properties.
Luxury, Small Luxury Hotels of the World
History & Story
This national monument set on 88 acres of private land and 2 km of private coastline, also a Nature Park with very special bird and sea life, was created from a former 19th century military fortress stunningly blended into the landscape. Cap Rocat was so ingeniously built into the cliffs that despite its huge walls and ramparts, the building cannot be seen from the mainland or the sea. Only the canopies of the rooftop lounges on the terrace are visible on the horizon.
This unique hotel retains and highlights some of the original defensive strategies, like a drawbridge, bunkers and trenches. And the former shooting pads were converted into suites; each with their own private patio and terraces.
Inside the peaceful and cool lounges, the creator of the concept, Antonio Obrador uses local fabrics, Moroccan rugs and vintage black and white photos of Mallorca to brilliant effect. Cap Rocat is all about simple luxury, identity and a complete lack of ostentation.
Date added extensions
2015: The Sentinels (Room type): Feel the Mediterranean blue when you wake up or whilst you lie in the total privacy of the infinity plunge pool.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
All of the rooms offer guests the possibility to experience the originality of sleeping in former military quarters, combined with the comfort and exclusive services of the hotel. The rooms and suites count on private outdoor spaces such as terraces or private gardens, air conditioning and heating, minibar, TV and international channels, safe, free internet access and daily turn-down service.
Mallorca, the biggest of the Balearic Islands, is well known for being the perfect Mediterranean getaway that in an unusual way combines, like a cocktail, the essence of different distant spots of the Mediterranean area as the result of being located at the very heart of it.
Key sites/activities in the area
Walk through the gothic quarter and discover the old patios of Palma’s aristocracy palaces, until you get to the magnificent cathedral.
Drive to the north of the island on a classic car, and visit the little villages that seem to have been frozen in time.
Sail to the south of the island, where the most beautiful white sandy beaches are, right in front of Cabrera islet’s nature park.
Play like a professional or start as an amateur in any of the 24 golf courses scattered around the island.
Adults only hotel
• “Fortaleza” Double Rooms: These rooms, located along the fortress’ exterior walls, offer guests the possibility to experience the originality of sleeping in former military quarters combined with the comfort and exclusive services of the hotel.
• “Cap Rocat Suites”: The former shooting pads, with a commanding view of the bay of Palma, have become spectacular suites each with a private patio and terraces.
• “El Cabo”: Located in the most privileged position of Cap Rocat, the Suite “El Cabo” offers a large, independent living room furnished with unique pieces of art, and spacious gardens with private terraces and private pool.
• “Suite del Mar”: Located steps away from Cap Rocat´s private beach, this suite is one of a kind as it is isolated from the rest of our suites. It is surrounded by an aromatic herbal garden and its own private pool and terraces overlooking the magnificent bay of Palma.
• The Sentinels: Hidden in the rock, on the edge of the cape’s cliffs where Cap Rocat was built.
These three very rare rooms, carved like watchtowers in secret enclaves, have now been splendidly transformed from surveillance points that controlled the entrance to Palma Bay in to elegant rooms with unique views.
Restaurants & Bars
• Restaurant La Fortaleza
Our gastronomic restaurant. The luxury of the essentials of Mediterranean gastronomy created by our chef Victor Garcia. The magic of the night in Cap Rocat enchants the gastronomic restaurant La Fortaleza; inside the main building of the fortress in winter or in the main courtyard in the summer with the subtle sound of the fountains. During the summer, an aperitif is served before dinner viewing the sunset from our panoramic terrace.
• Sea Club
Located on the waterfront, in the spectacular “Cala de la Reina”, the Sea Club is an open-air restaurant which offers dishes cooked in a traditional Mallorcan firewood oven and grill.
The Sea Club Restaurant is open for lunch daily and for dinner.
• Fitness area: Fully equiped gym
• Infinity pool: The spectacular infinity swimming pool with salt water is located on one of the walls of the former fortress. The water blends in with the sea and the sky, on a spectacular spot, with views over the whole bay of Palma.
• The beach: The sea, and the different swimming areas which have been set up around the former pier, are all part now of a natural reserve, and they are exceptional spots to enjoy the fantastic and crystal clear Mediterranean sea.
• Wellness: Massages and beauty treatments. Relax and allow us to pamper you with a manicure, a purifying body scrub or a revitalising facial in our Mirador treatment suite, perched on a hilltop and with beautiful views of the bay of Palma.
Corporate & Celebration Events
The former fortress halls have become relaxing areas, where different scenarios have been recreated, together with private lounges for exclusive use of our guests. In summer, the former patios are transformed into pleasant lounges where one can enjoy the warm summer nights.
The Fortress Hall and The Arched Ballroom:
Cap Rocat offers function rooms for the organization of private meetings, and an area for events that can seat up to 250 persons.
Extra Notable Features
• Yoga classes in the morning
• Diving activities
• Boat trips
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Gold Standard 2013 and 2014. Condé Nast Traveller
• Gastronomic Critics Award for the Best Hotel Cuisine in the Balearic Islands 2012
Number of employees