Cape Sounio, Grecotel Exclusive Resort
Grecotel Exclusive Resort
67 km Athens – Sounio Rd.,
P.O. BOX 112, GR-19500
Grecotel Hotels & Resorts
Private owned by Grecotel S.A.
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Efstratios Mavralexakis
History & Story
Greece’s Mythical Cape
Where the wonders of ancient Greece embrace the glorious sea, drawing towards a cosmopolitan coastline dotted with lavish villas. This is Cape Sounio; not just resort: it is an experience. Cape Sounio is blissfully peaceful and totally private. Glimpse eternity through the columns of an exquisite ancient temple: man and nature in perfect harmony, as the sun sinks into the Aegean Sea.
So close yet so far… Cape Sounio, Grecotel Exclusive Resort. So close to the Temple of Poseidon at Sounio that the Greek sea-god’s influence is felt throughout this luxury hotel near Athens. So close to Athens International Airport but so far from the stress and strain of everyday life. So near the Acropolis in Athens but so far from the city buzz. So near the Olympic Marina and not far from the idyllic islands in the Aegean Sea.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Impressive pool with whirlpool
• Bungalows & villas with stunning architecture & decoration, including new luxurious Family Suites
• Enjoy 7 Restaurants & Bars with inspiring views & organic dining available
• Famous Class services offer the ultimate in luxury for our most demanding clients
• Grecoland with adventure activities & Grecobaby. Tasty Corner – free kids dining, Grecotel value
• World Class open air Spa Retreat with Ayurveda
• Private sailing yacht
• Personalised & Gold
• Two secluded crescent beaches with service
• Seawater pool with whirlpool facing the Temple of Poseidon
• Elixir Spa Retreat with Ayurveda treatments from Indian therapists
• Holiday boutiques
• Sport facilities including tennis courts & 5×5 mini soccer • Private yacht & wide range of excursions (on request)
Unique location facing the temple of Poseidon Beachfront, edge of a nature reserve on Athens Riviera 60′ from Acropolis & Athens nightlife.
Key sites/activities in the area
The Athens Riviera is the summer playground for Athenians when they want to escape city life for swimming, enjoying waterfront cafés, strolling along seafront promenades and marinas, shopping in the area’s boutiques, dining by the sea or visiting one of the coast’s night clubs. Just 10 miles south of Athens, the city streets give way to idyllic palm-fringed beaches and beachfront promenades of the Athens Riviera which stretches 50 kilometres along the Saronic Gulf.
To the southernmost point of Attica, Cape Sounio.
Sounio is famous for its splendid Temple of Poseidon, one of the most celebrated archaeological sites in Europe and the second most important ancient temple in Attica.
Summer villas, open-air tavernas and pretty bays are almost hidden from site in the lush vegetation of the Sounio National Park.
Surrender to the diverse yet discreet holiday activities at Sounio. From active to passive, land to sea, morning till night, there’s something to suit everyone. Your biggest decision of the holiday may be whether to relax by the pools or the sea…
Cape Sounio is the ultimate resort for family vacations near Athens – from tots to teens the whole family will be happy. The entire Cape Sounio Luxury Resort near Athens is a dream destination for children with its Grecoland kids’ club, Discovery Adventure activities, free tasty corner, kids’ pools, beaches, endless lawns and gardens and kid-friendly staff.
Please visit our website THERE to see room types, descriptions and special features’
Restaurants & Bars
Cape Sounio Restaurant, Greek & International cuisine
The Restaurant, Gourmet cuisine
So Oriental, Asian Fusion dining
Aegean Grill, Poolside Restaurant & Bar
Yali, Waterfront sea food restaurant
Special Private Dining on demand
Chef : Sakis Tzanetos
The new Elixir Spa Retreat at Cape Sounio is a 350m2 complex on the resort’s most prominent location. Set in 5.000m2 of landscaped gardens and forest, the spa has amazing sea views as far as Poseidon’s temple.
• Three (3) open-air pools set among patios and lawns
• Luxurious Massage Suites
• Changing Rooms
• Open-air Relaxation area
• Body & Soul Elixirs
• Facial & Signature Treatments
• Special Programmes • Yoga
Corporate & Celebration Events
The conference and meeting rooms are allocated in the main building.
They are equipped with the latest technology. The outstanding banqueting selection includes coffee breaks, business lunches and gourmet dinners. For special events and celebrations, the hotel offers luxury buffet or gala dinners, barbecues and parties by the pool, beside the beach or on the outside terraces.
The professional yet friendly service combined with superb catering, entertainment and sports facilities assure the most memorable events in Attica. Ample car parking is available for the guests.
Extra Notable Features
• Diving – PADI diving centre
• Entertainment programme : Daytime activities include water gym, beach-volleyball, mini-soccer, yoga. In the evening, relax in the lounges and restaurants and listen to professional external entertainment shows, live music.
• National Park Trekking : The Grecotel Cape Sounio is surrounded by the Sounio National Park, revered for its scenic beauty and rich geological history. Walking routes are available on request.
• The Glyfada Golf Club Summer holiday golfers will not miss the chance to visit the 18-hole Glydada (Athens) Golf Club is just 40 mins. from the hotel.
• Full-Moon Party : The Full Moon at Sounio is a celebrated event in Greece. Poseidon’s Temple is floodlit and the summer moon appears to dance overhead. Join the Full Moon party on the Cape Sounio beach for a really memorable holiday evening.