Casa Angelina Italy
Via Capriglione, 147 – 84010 Praiano (SA, Amalfi Coast) – Italy
Privately owned – Diketo Casangelina srl (Antonino Cappiello, Kjeld and Dine Schioetz)
Privately owned – Diketo Casangelina srl (Antonino Cappiello, Kjeld and Dine Schioetz)
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Domenico De Simone
With over 20-year experience in the hospitality industry, Mr Domenico De Simone’s has an encompassed knowledge of all aspects of hotel management. He has seen his career grown within the best boutique hotels in the region and he is specialised in hotel openings.
5-star luxury boutique hotel, affiliated to Small Luxury Hotels of the World 5- st
Understated chic and ‘barefoot luxury’ concept as opposed to the more opulent and quintessentially Italian other 5- star properties on the Amalfi Coast.
History & Story
The Founder of Casa Angelina is an entrepreneur from Sorrento, Mr Antonino Cappiello. He is a very forward-looking person and very well-travelled man. Casa Angelina is the achievement of a dream he had since as a young boy he started to work in Sorrento (his home town) as well as abroad, in the hotel industry as bellboy, waiter and then moving up. When at a certain point of his life he made his fortune with his toy and gadget retail business (this happened when he started to distribute in Italy ‘Diddl-Mouse’ products – Diddl is a cartoon character, a white ‘Jumping Mouse’, manufactured by German company Depesche), he had the opportunity the buy this property which at that time was a large ‘Pensione’ – the Italian for a Bed and Breakfast. He called it after his loved mother ‘Angelina’ who had passed away a few years before and on purpose he wanted it to name it ‘CASA’, the Italian for ‘Home’ instead of using the term Hotel. His dream was in fact to bring to the Amalfi Coast a new concept of luxury hospitality, far from the stereotyped traditional, baroque and opulent style so diffused here in Italy and our region. He envisioned a ‘contemporary home’ with barefoot luxury, where he could concentrate his traveling experiences, his passion for contemporary art and make guests feel like being at a ‘millionaire friend’s home on the Amalfi Coast’. His passion for simplicity and elegance is reflected in the design of the hotel and his motivation in pursuing perfection to try and offer the guest the best experience ever, is at the basis of our hotel philosophy.
In August 2015, Mr Cappiello sold 50% of his shares to his lifetime friend and business partner from Germany, Mr Kjield Schiotz who with his lovely Wife Dine share a deep love for Casa Angelina.
Casa Angelina is always under very high maintenance. The hotel look & feels is like brand new. The last renovation took place last winter (2018).
• Gennaro Fusco
• Marco De Luca
DESIGNER(S) (e.g. interior, landscape, lighting, corporate identity etc.))
• Marco De Luca (interior designer)
• Edward Tancredi (landscape)
• Filippo Cannata (lighting)
• Domenico De Simone (corporate identity)
Main Strengths, Special Touch
(the hotel’s Unique Selling Propositions)
• The only contemporary boutique Hotel on the Amalfi Coast.
• Located in the tranquil and authentic village of Praiano, at the heart of the Amalfi Coast, only 10-minute drive from Positano and 30 minutes from Amalfi. A real ‘dolce vita’ oasis in the touristy hustle and bustle of the Amalfi Coast but still at a very short reach from all main attractions.
• Complimentary shuttle bus service throughout the day at scheduled times until late at night to/from Positano (only 8 km away, about 10-minute drive)
• Possibility to access the hotel by car up to the entrance through its private driveaway with complimentary parking facilities and valet service.
• Beach access to La Gavitella Beach Club, where a dedicated area is reserved to our guests. Access is via the hotel’s elevator plus 200 steps.
• The hotel is perched on a cliff edge with 180°degree sea view of the coastline across Positano, the isle of Capri and the Sorrentine Peninsula – this position allows the best views you can get on all the entire Amalfi Coast.
(the hotel’s Emotional Selling Propositions)
• The contrast given by the white interiors and the blue sea and sky have the power to create in our guests a calming vibe which is perceived already after the first 30 minutes spent on property.
• The most popular guest feedback we receive is their feeling of being in a little piece of heaven and not wanting to leave.
• The location and the atmosphere make of Casa Angelina an ideal venue for romance and special occasions.
• Our quest of perfection with unparalleled attention to details and very high maintenance standards, inspire our guests the feeling of being into a brand new property.
• The Casa Angelina experience goes above and beyond our guests’ expectations.
SPECIAL TOUCHES include the possibility to customise your in-room toilestries choosing between the following luxury beauty brands: Jo Malone – Dyptique – Byredo – L’Occitane
Casa Angelina is perched on a cliff edge in the little and authentic village of Praiano, right at the heart of the Amafi Coast. Praiano is very quaint and less glamorous and touristy than the more famous neighbour villages of Positano and Amalfi – yet at only 8 km from Positano and 13 from Amalfi, so at a very easy reach. From the back entrance of the hotel, just climbing a flight of stairs, our guests find themselves in the centre of Praiano, where there are a few very good typical restaurants and bars.
Key sites/activities in the area
The Path of the Gods – La Praia Beach – Positano – Amalfi – Ravello
Everything relvolves around romance at Casa Angelina. Most of our guests are young, hip and travel savvy millenial couples who stay with us for romantic getaways, mainly honeymoons, celebrate anniversaries or to propose. The number of blue Tifanny boxes we are handed out from our Guests to organise special proposal private dinners or other memorable romantic moments, is really high. And they always say YES !
Casa Angelina has an hotel painter, his name is Giovanni and he uses 15 different shades of white. He is very secretive on where each white goes. Every single day he goes into each room to touch up the walls and make sure that everything is pristine. During your stay with us you may find him going around the hotel with his white paint pots and staring at what is for you an immaculate ‘white wall’ looking for the ultra-thin scratch to touch-up.
Casa Angelina is an Adult-only property and children are welcome from 12 years of age.
• Number of suites: 2
• Number of Luxury rooms: 18
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 44
• Out of the total 44-room inventory, 4 very unique accommodations called Eaudesea Experience Rooms, formerly fishermen’s homes, are located on La Gavitella Beach reachable via the hotel’s elevator plus 200 steps. They are operated from mid-May to end of September.
• Outdoor swimming-pool with sun-deck
• Beach Club access (reachable via the hotel’s elevator plus 200 steps)
• Complimentary shuttle to/from Positano
Restaurants & Bars
• UN PIANO NEL CIELO Fine Dining Restaurant, located on the hotel’s top floor with breath-taking sea views across Positano and Capri. Territorial cuisine with a gourmet touch (à la carte menu) from our Executive Chef Leopoldo Elefante. The ultimate fine dining experience. Only open for dinner.
• SEASCAPE all-day casual restaurant open all day for long for lunch & dinner. On the outdoor pool terrace with amazing sea views. Local delicacies as well as light snacks.
• ROOFTOP TERRACE – with live show cooking for private dining experiences, suspended between sea & sky with amazing sea views over Positano and Capri.
• SEASCAPE Bar – Signature cocktails are the Limoncello Mojito and the Mediterranean Spritz. Cigar Room
• Wellness & Relaxing Area with fully equipped and state-of the art gym, indoor heated pool, sauna, pesonal trainer.
• 1 Treatment Room, 1 Couples’ Massage Room with adjoining pre & post relaxation terrace
Corporate & Celebration Events
• We do not have any pre-arranged meeting facilities on property
• The only banqueting area that can be privatise dis the Rooftop Terrace (maximum capacity 25/30 people)
Extra Notable Features
• Private cooking classes by our Executive Chef at the Rooftop Terrace with our luxury Molteni stove
• Boat tour experiences along the Amalfi Coast
• Private Yoga and Pilates Classes at our Garden Terrace
• Cookouts under the stars in the private tepees at our Garden Terrace
• Pizza Night at the Rooftop Terrace twice a week with brick-oven
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Wine Spectator Hotel Award 2018 + 2019
• Entered Forbes Travel Guide in July 2019 (waiting to be inspected)
Number of employees