Chalet RoyAlp Hotel & Spa Switzerland
Chalet RoyAlp Hotel & Spa
Domaine de Rochegrise,
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr Markus Marti
5-star superior, Leading Hotels of the World.
The strategy is to develop both the high-end clientele through the luxury travel market and to expand through Europe and within 2 years the USA and Asia and also develop the high-end MICE market (especially locally).
CHALET ROYALP HOTEL & SPA
History & Story
Chic and casual, cosy and authentic, the Chalet RoyAlp Hôtel & Spa, member of Leading Hotels of the World, invites you to enjoy relaxing moments in a unique setting. In winter or in summer, the Chalet RoyAlp is a haven of peace in the heart of the Villars-sur-Ollon resort in the Swiss Alps. 63 rooms/suites and 27 luxury residences – 4 restaurants among which a Michelin star – a 1200 sqm award-winning Spa – a fantastic view on the Alps with ski-in, ski-out access – facilities for kids and teens (kid’s club, play room, cinema). The Chalet RoyAlp Hôtel & Spa is the perfect place for the guests looking for comfort and excellence in service.
The Chalet RoyAlp was built in 2008 as a new build. The style is “typically Swiss” with the architecture embracing the local surroundings.
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
The principal strengths of the hotel lie in the proximity to Lake Leman cities of Geneva and Lausanne, the ski-in, ski-out facilities and total attention to detail with regards to the architecture. The special touch has to be the General Manager greeting every guest every morning and wishing them a pleasant night every night!
Villars-sur-Ollon, typical Swiss mountain resort just 30 minutes from Montreux, 45 minutes from Lausanne and 1h20 minutes from Geneva. Villars is the closest Swiss ski resort to Geneva International Airport and is accessible by car or train. The Chalet RoyAlp Hotel & Spa is a ski-in, ski-out hotel with direct access to the pistes.
Key sites/activities in the area
Villars is open all year round with excellent skiing in the winter and hiking and golf in the summer. The skiing area is linked to Les Diablerets with its glacier at 3000m guaranteeing snow. The other areas of interest are the vineyards in the valley, the Salt Mines in Bex and of course the Lac Leman just 20 minutes away.
Wine tasting in our wine cellar; cigar tasting in the cigar lounge; children and family massages in the spa with specific children treatments; cinema for private viewings, children’s films etc.; ski-jooring, dog-sledding, ice-karting.
The Chalet RoyAlp Hotel & Spa has 3 areas for children during the winter months as well as an outdoor area in the summer months. Children are an integral part of our hotel starting with a children’s room for the little ones from 3 years and upwards open all day. There is a second room with X-boxes, screens and table football and then there is a third room with billiards, screens, card, chess and backgammon tables.
Number of rooms in all: 63 and 30 private residences.
• 8 superior rooms, 40m2, with views over the park and some with mountain views. Corner bath and separate shower in each bathroom,
• 10 Executive rooms, 40m2 with a private terrace with views over the park and some with mountain views. Corner bath and separate shower in each bathroom,
• 18 RoyAlp Executive rooms, 40m2 with a private terrace with views over the Alps. Corner bath and separate shower in each bathroom,
• 15 Junior Suites, 55m2 with a private terrace with views over the park and some with mountain views. Corner bath and separate shower in each bathroom,
• 12 RoyAlp Junior Suites, 55m2 with a private terrace with views over the Alps. Corner bath and separate shower in each bathroom,
• 30 private residences with between 1 and 4 bedrooms each with full hotel service.
Restaurants & Bars
Jardin des Alpes
Gastronomic restaurant by Executive Chef Gregory Halgand. Large terrace with panoramic views over the Alps.
Main restaurant – family restaurant with menus and à la carte. Large terrace with panoramic views over the Alps. Available on half-board.
Local Swiss restaurant serving specialities including fondues, raclettes and dried meat platters.
Eat in the privacy of the Chef’s kitchen watching him prepare your dinner.
Cocktail bar with a smoking/cigar lounge adjacent. Also available for snacks. Large terrace with panoramic views over the Alps.
• Spa by Royalp – 1200m2 wellness area, 6 treatment rooms including 1 Duo Suite for couples, 1 private spa and 1 outdoor terrace in summer.
• Large, heated indoor swimming pool with natural daylight and fireplace
• Jacuzzi, saunas, Hammam and gym
• Treatments include Cellcosmet, Green Lady and “Biologique Recherche” for adults. TOOFRUIT for kids and teenagers (from 6 to 12 years old).
Corporate & Celebration Events
• RiverAlp meeting room for up to 220 for banqueting, or 250 for a cocktail,
• 2 principal meeting rooms with natural daylight and all equipment,
• 7 breakout rooms,
• Dedicated team.
Extra Notable Features
• Cinema for 26 people for private viewings,
• 18 hole golf-course within 15 minutes of the hotel,
• 120 kms of skiing with ski-in and ski-out facilities.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• World Luxury Hotel Award Winner 2015,
• Gault & Millau Suisse 2015
•16 points on Gault & Millau Suisse
• 1 Michelin star at Guide Michelin Suisse
• World Luxury Spa Award Winner 2013,
• World Luxury Hotel Award Winner 2014.
Number of employees
101 in winter and 67 in summer