Château Eza France
Rue de la Pise, Eze, Provence
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr Robin Oodunt – After having worked in different 5* Relais & Château properties like the Les Frenes, Chèvre d’Or, Oustau de Baummaniere and Cabro D’or in Provence, Robin joined the Château Eza in 2006 and became the General manager in 2010.
5-star Boutique Hotel, part of Small Luxury Hotels of the World since almost 30 years.
Offer authentic and memorable luxury travel experience, maintain our position as one of the most romantic hotels in the world with best fine dining, marketing strategy is to being present and known on all the key world markets
History & Story
Château Eza is intimately connected to the ancient village of Eze, perched on a mountain peak hovering more than 427 meters above the Mediterranean Sea. In 1920 during a boat trip Prince William of Sweden first visited the village; three years later, he left his court and bought the ensemble of little homes and baptized it as “Château Eza”. He was taken by the spirit and tranquility of the château and published many works including “Among Pygmies and Gorillas” and “Black Stories”, but after his lover’s death in 1953 he decided to divide up his “home”.
From 1976 till 1993 the new owner of the castle André Rochat, General Delegate of the International Red Cross, did a lot to restore Château Eza’s appearance to the time of Prince of William.
In 1994 Terry M. Giles visited the hotel, fell under Château Eza’s spell and aptly purchased the hotel—a transformation began with the result being the luxury hotel Château Eza is today. The Château has been decorated with the intention of breathing the life of modern times back into the castle while maintaining the essence of a very comfortable medieval home.
Today, château Eza is a luxury 5* hotel recognized as one of the most romantic places in the world. It is also the site of a Gourmet restaurant where the chef’s culinary delights are only rivaled by the panoramic views of the French Riviera coastline.
2011 complete renovation of the hotel, Designer Tracy Curry & Alain Cecchetti
Date added extensions
May 2016 : 2 new room categories added – “Elegance” rooms
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Breathtaking views on the French Riviera, rooms and Suites make you feel like Royalty, fabulous food in the panoramic restaurant
Château Eza is located at the summit of the most beautiful medieval villages in France at 427 meters above the sea, just between Nice (15km) and Monte-Carlo (11km). Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild and Cap Ferrat are just 9km away, Trophée des Alpes is 5km away, Cannes is 60km away.
Key sites/activities in the area
- Perfumeries Fragonard and Galimard in Eze village
- Exotic garden on the top of Eze village,
- Hiking by « Nietzsche path » leading to the sea cost
- Art galleries and boutiques around the village
- Medieval sites
Creation of one’s own perfume at the Fragonard perfumery.
Ferrari Drive on the Cote d’Azur
Children-friendly hotel, family room available on request
• Number of suites: 2 Suites
• 55-65 m², panoramic terrace with hot water Jacuzzi, real fireplace, bathroom with bathtub, Occitane room amenities
• 3 Junior Suites: 45-55 m², panoramic sea view with balcony, bathroom with bathtubs, fireplaces on request, bathroom with bathtub
•Number of Luxury rooms:
• 3 Deluxe rooms: 35-40 m² with private balconies, partial sea/mountain view, bathroom with bathtub or shower, fireplace on request
• 2 Superior rooms: 25m² with private balconies, partial sea/mountain view, bathroom with shower
• 2 Elegance and 2 Standard rooms with no balcony/no view
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 14
All rooms have mini bar, safe, satellite LCD TV, iPod dock, DVD player, Free WIFI Access and Air-conditioning, Occitane bathroom amenities.
Restaurants & Bars
• Panoramic Gourmet restaurant “château Eza” with French and Mediterranean cuisine
• Half-board meal plan available on request
• Lounge Bar with panoramic terraces and home-made cocktails
• No spa/wellness
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Incentive events, anniversaries, weddings :
• Main Restaurant : maximum capacity is 46 guests for a seated dinner and up to 70 guests for a cocktail party
• Private lounge : maximum capacity is 18 guests for a seated dinner and up to 25 guests for a cocktail party
• Meetings: meeting room with daylight for 16 people, projector and white screen on request
Extra Notable Features
• Observing the Riviera from a bird’s eye view
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Top hotels in France and Monaco: Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Award
• Conde Nast Johansen Europe and The Mediterranean Shortlist for the best dining experience
• Travel & Leisure 10 Best hotels in France & Monaco 2016 (N°7)
• Conde Nast Johansen 2014: Most Romantic Hotel
• Conde Nast Johansen gold list 2015
• Travel & Leisure 10 Best hotels in France & Monaco 2014-2015
• Michelin Star Restaurant
Number of employees
35 -50 pax depending on season