Château Le Cagnard
Château Le Cagnard
54 rue Sous Barri – 06800 Cagnes-Sur-Mer
Member of PHOENIX HOTEL COLLECTION
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
THIERRY NAIDU :
He has over 30 years experience in Hotel & Asset Management , Business Development of Luxury Hotels and Residential Components worldwide.
GREGORY COUSAERT :
4 STAR luxury and member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World since 2015 only.
Since its new opening in 2012 following a full renovation by the new owners, our strategy is to keep on promoting the Property through national and international market and to guarantee the Hotel visibility through different markets. The Property is also member of SLH since 2015 only and want guarantee a high standard of quality as well. Our strategy is to also keep on offering a gastronomic cuisine with the Chef Stephane Laurin, arrived in 2015.
Warm welcome, special attention dedicated to the guests – to make them feel at home – are also part of our philosophy.
CHÂTEAU LE CAGNARD
History & Story
In 1960 Mr. and Mrs. Barel bought the building. Later on, in 1968, «Le Cagnard», recognized for its «keen appreciation of the art of welcoming guests», was selected into the Relais et Châteaux collection. The restaurant’s famous ceiling was then constructed, which can be opened to reveal the blue sky above. Its 200 panels were painted by hand in 1986, by the famous architect Philippe Roberti. In 2011 a new chapter in the hotel’s history began, when the Ivarsson family bought the famous property in order to preserve its heritage. It was reborn as Hotel and Restaurant Château Le Cagnard.After having undergone a complete renovation, that included a faithful restoration of Emile Wéry’s frescoes and the antique furniture, the hotel reopened its doors to the public. It continues to function like a family home with the same passion and devotion as it did in its very beginning
Main Strengths, Special Touch
In honor of the famous artists from this region and their intense colors, Château Le Cagnard pays tribute to painters, as the prestigious artists Renoir, Matisse, Picasso and Bonnard by dedicating them its rooms.
Perched on the heights of Cagnes, in a Provencal landscape, the Château Le Cagnard – Hotel and Restaurant – is an invitation to travel. Located in the heart of a region of art and history, it provides enchantment to its guests. Under the benevolent leadership of the Medieval Château Grimaldi,
The hotel’s situation and surroundings are an invitation to explore the high places of historical famous painters in the French Riviera, such as Renoir Museum, Matisse’s chapel in Vence, or Musée Picasso d’Antibes…
To access to Chateau Le Cagnard
In order to reach the Medieval village of « Haut-de Cagnes », our guest must follow Cagnes-sur-Mer city.
When arrived in the city center of Cagnes-sur Mer, our guests will easily find the indication to reach the village of Haut-de Cagnes , wish is located in a upper level of the city of Cagnes-sur Mer, overlooking the Mediterranean sea.
When you arrive in the village of Haut de Cagnes, be careful if you use a GPS : do not reach the entrance of the Hotel.
Actually, the medieval streets are narrow : our guests must not drive until the entrance of the Hotel with their car and must park in one of the parkings , mentioned below :
– Paking Sainte Anne (public outdoor parking / free of charge). Located at the village Haut-de Cagnes.
– Parking Sainte Luce (public outdoor parking / free of charge). Located in the city center of Cagnes sur Mer.
– Parking du Planastel (extra charge/indoor parking/private). This parking can accommodate a standard size car to the max limit of 1,700 kg
(not possible to park big cars, like rang rovers and not possible to park large and luxury cars as Ferrari etc..)
– Severals individuals places of parking through the village (free of charge).
– Below the village : public parking « parking de l’Ancien Cimetière”.
When park, our guests can call the Hotel. Château le Cagnard team will be happy to join them with car suttle and bring them to the Hotel with the luggages.
In case of taxi reservation, this is the best stop. : 81 Montée de la Bourgade – Haut de Cagnes village.
Upon arrival, guests or taxi driver can call the Hotel. Château le Cagnard will join the guests, pick them up with the luggages.
* Please contact us to get more informations.
The entrance to the hotel is within a walking distance :
– Since the Parking du Planastel, along the Rue Xavier Blanc and Sous-Barri.
– Since the Place du Château, following the signs and down the steps.
A temporary parking spot (20 minutes) is located at the Tourist Office, Place du Château.
Key sites/activities in the area
French classes, painting- and drawing courses in the village and the surrounding area, perfume making, culinary courses and wine tastings
Le Haut-de-Cagnes is located just a few minutes away from the beach and is ideally situated for exploring Nice (10 km), St-Paul-de-Vence (5 km) and other magnificent villages in the vicinity. This, together with its close proximity to the area’s main golf courses and horse track, make the village an essential stopover for any holiday on the French Riviera.
Cagnes is also the destination dedicated to Jumping industry. The jumping annual international event is taking place in Haut de Cagnes each year.
Since 1945, this village has been a premier rendezvous spot for artists ; Jet set and celebrities from around the world, which led to it being named the «Montmartre of the French Riviera».
No children corner
• Number of suites : 14
Junior Suite : 8
This luxury suite in the Medieval castle is provided with a large terrace overlooking the PACA region, the source of inspiration to thousands of international artists. Decorated in soft colors and using the Provencal stone, this suite is a true haven of peace, located in the heights of Cagnes-sur-Mer.
Suite : 5
The luxury suite in the Medieval castleis provided with a large terrace overlooking the PACA region, the source of inspiration to thousands of international artists. Decorated in soft colors and using the Provencal stone, this suite is a true haven of peace, located in the heights of Cagnes-sur-Mer.
Suite Prestige : 1
An ultimate expression of excellence. The prestige suite at Château Le Cagnard is a unique place. It is the most beautiful room at the Château Le Cagnard. The Picasso suite, in tribute to the father of cubism, and its private terrace offer a stunning view over the valley with a backdrop of the blue waters of the Mediterranean Sea.
• Number of Luxury rooms : 12
Traditional : 2
This delightful room (approx.18 m2), with classic Provencal décor, has a balcony with view over the Valley or the Mediterranean Sea, as well as a private bathroom fully equipped to meet your needs. You also have access to free WIFI, safe security, a coffee machine and a telephone. All rooms at the hotel are air conditioned to provide more comfort during the high season. Breakfast is offered free of charge.
Superior : 3 (approx. 25m2)
The Superior rooms are double rooms and offer a splendid view over the Valley or the pedestrian streets in the Medieval village. internet access (WIFI), safe and mini bar, LCD TV and coffee machine.
Deluxe : 9
his double room is both charming and romantic, offering a view over the Valley or the sea. As in-room amenities you will find internet (WIFI) access, minibar and safe, LCD TV, coffee machine and cosy bathrobes.
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all : 32
Restaurants & Bars
• In the warm ambiance of the restaurant, which has kept its original architecture and with a sliding ceiling offering the beauty of the Mediterranean sky, our guests will enjoy both the regional and the seasonal variations of a user-friendly kitchen. The carefully selected wine list highlights the flavors of Provence.
Stéphane Laurin : Executive chef Since 20 years, he successively take place in 2* Michelin restaurants : Hotel de France, Arpège in Paris, and Le Drouant in Paris.He was in collaboration with the executive chef Didier Aniès “ Meilleur Ouvrier de France – MOF 2000 ” and Michelin star-studded, and the pastry chef Luc Debove world champin 2010 et MOF glacier 2011.
From 1998 to 2013, Stéphane didn’t stop working in prestigious hotels restaurants such as : Château Saint Martin & Spa (Vence), Grand Hotel du Cap Ferrat (Saint Jean Cap Ferrat) et Royal Riviera (Saint Jean Cap Ferrat).
The cuisine of Stéphane highlight the flavours through seasonal products while keeping a reasonable price.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• PRIVATE EVENTS : A romantic place for your wedding and for other private events
• PRIVATE LUNCH AND DINNERS (gastronomic restaurant can be privatized)
• SEMINARS UNTIL 40 PEOPLE. 3 meetings spaces available, as follow :
Bar Lounge: 20m2, 10 Classrooms, 25 theater styles, 10 Board meetings
Suite Picasso: 25m2, 15 U-shape, 12 Classrooms, 30 theater styles, 14 Board meetings
Guard room: 45m2, 25 U-shape, 12 Classrooms, 40 theater styles, 12 Board meetings
Extra Notable Features
• Health, well-being and relaxation: massage (on request/pre reservation/ extra service), hairdresser, manicure and pedicure (all exclusively provided in your room), nutritional advice, personal trainer, personal shopping assistant, etc.
• Babysitting service
• Public transportation information: bus, train or boat
• Reservations: limousine, taxi, car or helicopter rentals, private excursions, local attractions and events, etc.
• Desk services: photocopies, fax, scanning, postal services, translations, etc.
• Cultural holidays*: French classes, painting- and drawing courses in the village and the surrounding area, perfume making, culinary courses and wine tastings
• Free WIFI throughout the hotel
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• since 2016, restaurant Fourchette Michelin
• bip gourmand
Number of employees
10 to 24