Corso Concordia, 1
20129 Milano – Italy
Planetaria Hotels group
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Relais & Châteaux
Our Rubacuori Restaurant by Venissa is currently the main service we are developing to offer a unique food experience. We are also working on a new concept of Sunday brunch. Our main purpose consists in establishing a strong business relationship with main travel agencies and tour operators. We want to increase our presence in Europe, Asia, North and South America.
History & Story
The hotel building is an elegant historical palace, completed in 1903 and designed by Paolo Mezzanotte, who is also the acclaimed architect of the seat of the Italian stock exchange. The palace was built for a private family and each floor was assigned to one of the daughters, as a gift from their father. The building went through the difficult 20th century and changed owners and purposes, until it was bought by an Italian family. After renovation, the building became Château Monfort as it is now and opened its doors in 2012.
The building underwent 3 years of renewal before opening, during which a fourth floor in the attic was added to the original design plans.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Château Monfort is the Urban Castle of Milan. It does remind of a magnificent manor of ancient times, except it’s located in the very heart of the modern city. Fully inspired by the concept atmosphere of fairy tales and of the great works of music, Château Monfort aim at being, first of all, a place able to arousing emotions, where dream and reality meet in the sign of an original reinterpretation of the interior, according to a delicate Neo-Romanesque style made of enchanted gardens and princely interiors that celebrate the great theater plays and sweet melodies.
Château Monfort overlooks Piazza Tricolore, located in the heart of one of the most exclusive districts of the city, behind Piazza San Babila, close to the fashion district and within walking distance from the Duomo of Milan.
Key sites/activities in the area
The hotel is not far from Duomo, Milan’s distinctive cathedral. Within a short walking distance, you can reach the main tourist hub, including Scala theatre, the National History Museum, the 20th century art Museum, but also the famous shopping and financial district, which makes Château Monfort perfect for both leisure and corporate travel.
Château Monfort has a very special mascot, Juan Lapin, a playful bunny whose story is very much like a fairytale: once upon a time, in a urban castle called Château Monfort, Ambrogio the magician lived with his beloved bunny Juan Lapin. Together they achieved big success but one day Juan realized that even if fame made him happy, he lost one important thing: freedom. So he escaped from the castle. Ambrogio desperately looked for him everywhere: in the Sala dell’Incantesimo, in the Alcova del Rubacuori…but there was no trace of Juan. So Ambrogio decided to continue his magic shows without his dearest friend. Until one day, opening the doors of the palace, he saw many bunnies in front of the building, running around happy, and among them there was his faithful friend Juan, glad to have found freedom and love. Now it seems that Juan Lapin has been imprisoned by the magician Ambrogio in the halls of Château.
We offer a special package for families, the Happy Family offer, which is bookable through our website. It includes welcome drink, a gift for the children, a special menu for kids and full American Buffet Breakfast.
Château Monfort’s 77 rooms are all different and tailor-made, enhance the fantasy in different themes:
• • 44 Superiors rooms were created with fine woods where to find mysterious peeping eyes of an owl and also with reconstructions of the original travel cabins of one time with antique trunks and suitcases, otherwise 19 Executive Rooms are enriched with floral decorations;
• Among 4 Deluxe Rooms, the Schiaccianoci has a unique atmosphere and an insuperable position on the attic floor of the Castle with a breathtaking view of the blue sky during the day and of the romantically starry night;
• 5 Junior Suites and 5 Suites have sophisticated retro style and some of them located in the attic with skylights to daydream under the vault of heaven star. These rooms are inspired by fairy tales from around the world magically transformed into marvelous operas and ballets: Junior Suite (Butterfly, Traviata, Turandot) and Suite ( Bohème, Cenerentola, Traviata, Turandot, Butterfly). So all guests will find familiar references and recognize environments through suggestions and interpretations inspired by these Opera and ballets.
Restaurants & Bars
• Rubacuori Restaurant by Venissa
In the Restaurant Rubacuori by Venissa Chef Andrea Asoli, one of the four chefs who in 2015 led the kitchen of the Venissa restaurant in Mazzorbo Island (Venice) awarded a Michelin star, proposes contemporary recipes with remnants of traditional flavors food that arrives from the lagoon in which native Venice came to life. In the three different restaurant’s area the setting of a majestic dining hall in modern style turns into a cozy living room richly furnished, or in an English club style revised in an ironic way, where staying even for a break at mid-morning, or a business meeting.
• Lounge Bar Mezzanotte by Venissa
Lounge Bar Mezzanotte by Venissa is an ideal place for indulging in a tasty breakfast at the hotel, sampling refined blends of tea and coffee accompanied by small pastries all made at the Château Monfort, or for light lunches, luncheons or for sipping cocktails, aperitifs, even for after dinner drinks chosen from the selection of brandies and whiskies.
• Cella di Bacco
Cella di Bacco, is not just a regular cellar but a setting in which it is possible to enjoy a unique tasting experience with a careful selection of the best Italian wines. The undisputed star is the Venissa, a unique wine produced in the lagoon from the Dorona di Venezia varietal which, having almost disappeared after centuries of cultivation, was salvaged by the Bisol family in 2002.
• Amore e Psiche SPA is an elegant and exclusive refuge for the body and spirit where client can spend relaxing and unforgettable moments and be pampered by its unique atmosphere with Sauna, Turkish Bath, Emotional Showers and Pool with saline water. SPA treatments are made with exclusive Pañpuri products;
• Fitness Center
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Sala dell’Incantesimo (1270 ft² meeting room/ 100 people capability) is an ideal place not only to make every event, party, wedding in Milan, or birthdays, fairy-tale occasions, but also as a setting for magical candle-lit dinners;
• Sala Le Segrete (667 ft² meeting room/ 80 people capability) is suitable for meetings, presentations, product launches, conventions but also for convivial occasions, in a unique and fascinating environment with red brick barrel-vaulted ceilings.
Extra Notable Features
• Part of Relais & Châteaux Route de Bonheur: from Milan to the French Riviera
• In our web site you can book a wide range of packages:
Happy Family Package: 2 children up to 12 years free, breakfast and funny box included;
Amore e Psiche Package: access to spa, wellness dinner, secret gift and breakfast included;
Gluttony Package: breakfast, Italian sparkling wine and 5 courses dinner in our Rubacuori Restaurant by Venissa;
Marry Me Package: breakfast, romantic Dinner, access to spa and a Secret gift included.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Best Hotel Architecture Hotel in Europe – Prix Villégiature – Award 2012.
• New Luxury Hotel – World Luxury Hotel Awards Winner 2012.
Number of employees