Corso Concordia, 1
20129 Milano – Italy
Planetaria Hotels group
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
In the heart of Milan, this splendid and yet unusually styled hotel is housed in an art nouveau building from the early 20th century. Hotel Château Monfort draws much of its inspiration from the world of fairytales and opera. It is an enchanted place where both dreams and reality seamlessly merge with a retrochic ambience that permeates this “Urban Château”. The pastel colours that adorn the walls of the guest rooms are enhanced by floral patterns and butterflies, mosaics on the floors, mirrors and princely alcoves. You will be captivated by its vibrant romantic atmosphere, which extends to the magnificent restaurant Rubacuori and refined Amore & Psiche spa.the hotel is a 5 stars hotel member of the Relais & Châteaux collection.
History & Story
The hotel building is an elegant historical palace, completed in 1903 and decorated by Paolo Mezzanotte, acclaimed architect of the Italian stock exchange seat. The palace was built for a private family: each floor was assigned to one of the daughters, as a gift from their father. The building went through the difficulties of the 20th century and changed owners and purposes, until it was bought by an Italian family. After renovation, the building became Château Monfort in its current form and opened its doors in 2012.
The building underwent 3 years of renewal before opening, during which a fourth floor in the attic was added to the original design plans.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Château Monfort is the sole Urban Castle of Milan. It does remind of a magnificent manor of ancient times, even if located in the very heart of the modern city. Fully inspired by the concept atmosphere of fairy tales and of the great works of music, Château Monfort aim at being, a place able to arouse emotions. Here, dreams and reality meet in the sign of an original reinterpretation of the interior, according to a delicate Neo-Romanesque style made of enchanted gardens and princely interiors that celebrate great theater plays and sweet melodies.
Château Monfort is located in the heart of one of the most exclusive districts of the city, the Silence district, characterized by liberty art nouveau buildings, close to the fashion area and within walking distance from Duomo Cathedral.
Key sites/activities in the area
Within a short walking distance, you can reach the main tourist hub, including Scala theatre, the National History Museum, the 20th century art Museum, but also the famous shopping and financial districts, which makes Château Monfort perfect for both leisure and corporate travellers.
Château Monfort has a very special mascot, Juan Lapin, a playful bunny whose story is very much like a fairytale: once upon a time, in a urban castle called Château Monfort, Ambrogio the magician lived with his beloved bunny Juan Lapin. Together they achieved big success but one day Juan realized that even if fame made him happy, he lost one important thing: freedom. So he escaped from the castle. Ambrogio desperately looked for him everywhere: in the Sala dell’Incantesimo, in the Alcova del Rubacuori…but there were no signs of Juan. Ambrogio thus decided to continue his magic shows without his dearest friend. Until one day, opening the doors of the palace, he saw many bunnies in front of the building, running around happily, and among them there was his faithful friend Juan, glad to have found freedom and love. Now it seems that Juan Lapin has been imprisoned by the magician Ambrogio in the halls of Château.
We offer a special package for families, the Happy Family offer, which is bookable through our website. It includes welcome drink, a gift for the children, a special menu for kids and full American Buffet Breakfast.
Aside from the Happy Family package, we put a special care in welcoming our young guests, providing them with sweets, games, storybooks, cookies and warm milk for a gentle goodnight.
Château Monfort’s 77 rooms are all different and tailor-made, enhance the fantasy in different themes:
• 44 Superiors rooms were created with fine woods where to find mysterious peeping eyes of an owl and also with reconstructions of the original travel cabins of one time with antique trunks and suitcases, otherwise 19 Executive Rooms are enriched with floral decorations;
• Among 4 Deluxe Rooms, the Schiaccianoci has a unique atmosphere and an insuperable position on the attic floor of the Castle with a breathtaking view of the blue sky during the day and of the romantically starry night;
• 5 Junior Suites and 5 Suites have sophisticated retro style and some of them located in the attic with skylights to daydream under the vault of heaven star. These rooms are inspired by fairy tales from around the world magically transformed into marvelous operas and ballets: Junior Suite (Butterfly, Traviata, Turandot) and Suite ( Bohème, Cenerentola, Traviata, Turandot, Butterfly). All guests will find familiar references and recognize environments through suggestions and interpretations inspired by these Opera and ballets.
Restaurants & Bars
• Rubacuori Restaurant
In the Restaurant Rubacuori Chef Domenico Mozzillo proposes contemporary recipes with remnants of traditional flavors food that arrives from the lagoon in which native Venice came to life.
The Restaurant includes three areas: in the central “Sala del Rubacuori”, small round mirrored tables and beautiful heart-shaped chairs create the optimal location for a romantic dinner; on the left, passing the ancient portal of the seventeenth century we reach the “Alcova del Rubacuori” characterized by comfortable sofas with a chic-retro taste revisited in a modern key; on the other side, instead, we enter the “Sala della Caccia” (or the Trophies), that evokes a fun-filled hunting lodge where mannerist white ceramic trophies stand out.
• Lounge Bar Mezzanotte
Lounge Bar Mezzanotte is an ideal place for indulging in a relaxing moment under the elegant glass dome. From early morning until late evening, the location is perfect to taste refined blends of tea and coffee accompanied by small pastries, light lunches, cocktails, aperitifs and for after dinner drinks chosen from the selection of brandies and whiskies.
The Bar Mezzanotte lounge area owes its name to the enormous clock that chimes every evening at the stroke of midnight and opens up like a fairy-tale space, giving to the hall the imprint of a classic and refined tea room where you can feel an extremely relaxing and elegant mood. The refined details in the design enrich the room where, thanks to light woods, luminous marble and glass elements, this idea of an enchanted nest is enhanced.
• Cella di Bacco
Our wine cellar Cella di Bacco is a charming setting where to enjoy a unique tasting experience with a careful selection of the best Italian wines.
• Amore e Psiche SPA is an elegant and exclusive refuge for the body and spirit where our clients can spend relaxing and unforgettable moments and be pampered by its unique atmosphere with Sauna, Turkish Bath, emotional showers and pool with saline water. In our Amore & Psiche SPA we use the exclusive Pañpuri products to rediscover the natural beauty of your wellbeing;
• Fitness Center.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Sala dell’Incantesimo (1270 ft² meeting room/ 100 people capability).
The Sala dell’Incantesimo has splendid travertine floors with floral decorations and delicate floral patterns gently climbing up the walls in the softest of dawn colours. It is a modular space able to host private gatherings, meetings, press conferences, formal gala dinners and also cocktail parties.
• Sala Le Segrete (667 ft² meeting room/ 80 people capability) is suitable for meetings, presentations, product launches, conventions but also for convivial occasions, in a unique and fascinating environment with red brick barrel-vaulted ceilings.
Extra Notable Features
Our Experience Managers are at your disposal during the organization of your clients trip and during their stay to organize exclusive activities tailor-made on your clients’ needs and tastes. Some examples: Guided walking tour of the Liberty art nouveau district in Milan, Discovery Atelier to meet the designer and tailors of an Italian fashion brand and follow him behind the scene of a trunk show, possibility to obtain tickets for privileged access to the prestigious trunk shows of Women fashion week in Milan; organizing an aperitif on a panoramic tower with a 360° view on the city and much more.
We are also part of Relais & Châteaux Route de Bonheur with the possibility to combine the stay in Milan with a tour of other Relais & Châteaux properties in the northern lakes of French Riviera.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Best Hotel Architecture Hotel in Europe – Prix Villégiature – Award 2012.
• New Luxury Hotel – World Luxury Hotel Awards Winner 2012.
• World Luxury SPA
Number of employees