Château Saint-Martin & Spa, Oetker Collection
Château Saint-Martin & Spa,
2490 Avenue des Templiers,
BP 102, 06142 Vence Cedex, France
Château Saint-Martin & Spa is part of Oetker Collection, a unique collection of Masterpiece Hotels including Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa in Germany, Le Bristol Paris, Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc in French Riviera, L’Apogée Courchevel (French Alps), Eden Rock – St Barths, The Lanesborough in London, Palácio Tangará in São Paulo and Jumby Bay Island, West Indies. CEO: Dr. Timo Gruenert
Date of creation :
Hotel General Manager :
Mr Duarte Bon de Sousa, General Manager
Hotel positioning :
5-star luxury hotel – The Leading Hotels of the World
CHATEAU SAINT MARTIN & SPA, Oetker Collection
The Chateau was bought by a Polish Count in 1900, who restored part of the property with the intention of donating it to a religious order. However, it was then acquired by a Parisian businessman who renovated it into a Hotel in 1958, until the Oetker family purchased the Château du Domaine Saint Martin in 1994. The Chateau has then undergone an extensive renovation project. The vast landscape, tranquil atmosphere and historic site create a quiet, historical and discreet setting for a holiday.
Main Strengths / Special Touch
• Exclusive setting with all bedrooms oriented on panoramic views over the hills and sea
• Individually designed large Junior Suites
• 6 private villas in an exclusive domain
• 34 acres of landscaped gardens
• Spa by La Prairie
• Yoga lessons
• Vast heated outdoor swimming pool
• A private helipad and 2 tennis courts
• 2 restaurants including a gastronomic Michelin star restaurant “Le Saint-Martin”
• An incredible wine-cellar with 20 000 bottles
• Kids club during summer
Near Vence, in the hills facing the sea, 15 miles from Nice Intl airport. (If you book a Villa for 5 nights or more, the round trip private transfer is complimentary)
Saint-Paul de Vence, world-famous artists refuge, Grasse for perfumes, Monaco and Cannes for shopping and night-life, Nice for shopping and culture.
The hotel is closed in winter.
All accommodations oriented on panoramic views over the hills and the sea.
• 1 deluxe room
• 37 Junior suites
• 1 honeymoon suite
• 1 One-Bedroom Suite
• 1 One-Bedroom villa
• 4 two-bedroom villas
• 1 three-bedroom villa
Restaurants & Bars
• Le Saint-Martin – Chef Jean-Luc Lefrançois transforms bountiful Riviera harvests into Michelin-starred cuisine sourcing from local producers and his flourishing kitchen gardens.
Le Saint-Martin is an epicurean aerie with sweeping views across the Côte d’Azur and stylish new interiors as fresh as the season. Gourmet Pâtissière Eve Moncorger puts the jewel on the crown and Head Sommelier Géraud Tournier transforms the fine dining experience into a truly elevated journey of discovery.
• L’oliveraie – A generous corner of the Château garden is a profusion of herbs and ripening vegetables that inspire L’Oliveraie’s menu.
Lounge beneath the boughs of an ancient olive, relishing the sun-drenched Mediterranean flavours; herb-infused grilled fish and meats, rustic pizzas from our wood-fired oven, teppanyaki plates and zesty salads.
• Le Rossini is the most refined setting for an evening cocktail on the French Riviera. Seated on the terrace, a glass of champagne is savoured with splendid sweeping views over the Côte d’Azur. After-dinner cocktails are a particular pleasure in the bar, which is furnished with regal splendour. Of special note are the rare tapestries, commissioned from Manufacture des Gobelins in Paris more than 200 years ago. Le Rossini also serves an exceptionally elegant afternoon tea.
• Spa Saint-Martin by La Prairie
We have been voted “Best Luxury Spa destination in Europe” in the World Luxury Spa Awards. Our spa partner is La Prairie, whose eternal quest for youthful beauty based on scientific innovation, splendid ingredients and luxurious experience is a perfect fit with our clients’ expectations. Our spa has four elegant treatment rooms infused with natural daylight and fresh Provencal air, one is designed for couples. Treatments are also performed in the hotel’s gardens beneath a romantic flower-strewn gazebo. The Spa also has a beauty room.
Corporate and celebration events
Château Saint-Martin & Spa is fully equipped for incentives, car launches, product launches and weddings.
Hotel main Awards
World Luxury Romantic Hotel 2019
World Luxury Spa Awards: 2016 Best Hotel Spa
Villégiature Awards: Best Exterior Terrace in a hotel in Europe
Green Globe: Green Globe certified
TripAdvisor: Certificate of Excellence in the “Winner” category
TripAdvisor: N°19 in the ranking of the 25 most luxurious hotel in France
• Château Saint-Martin & Spa awarded “Best Luxury Destination Spa in Europe”, by Luxury Spa Awards.
• Château Saint-Martin & Spa awarded “Green Leader Silver” by TripAdvisor.
• World Luxury Hotel Awards: Château Saint-Martin & Spa awarded as Worlds Best Luxury Romantic Hotel in recognition of its unsurpassed facilities and servicies
• Relais & Châteaux awards the Château Saint-Martin & Spa with a new title, on the occasion of the “2014 Trophies”, in the Spa category!
• Prix Villégiature 2013: Château Saint-Martin & Spa awarded as “Most charming hotel in Europe”.
• Château Saint-Martin & Spa awarded with Trip Advisor “Certificate of Excellence”
• Restaurant “Le Saint-Martin” selected as one of the Top 100 restaurants worldwide by Foodie Guide.
Number of employees
Château Saint-Martin & Spa employs 150 persons.