Cheval Blanc St-Tropez France
Cheval Blanc St-Tropez
Plage de la Bouillabaisse 83 990 Saint Tropez, France
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr Olivier Raveyre
Cheval Blanc St-Tropez joined the collection in 2016 and was awarded with the Palace distinction in 2019.
The fourth resort under the Cheval Blanc brand, Cheval Blanc St-Tropez distils the pleasures of the French Riviera; an oasis of tranquillity and one of the true gems of the Mediterranean. Drawing on the legacy of the Résidence de la Pinède, Cheval Blanc St-Tropez combines the atmosphere of its ancient pine grove, the Art de Recevoir, a refined sense of detail, and bespoke service. The resort has preserved the spirit of the original and infused itself with the same demanding ethos and air of discrete elegance.
CHEVAL BLANC ST-TROPEZ
History & Story
La Résidence de la Pinède bought in 2016 joined the collection as Cheval Blanc St-Tropez in May 2019. Since its opening in 1936, the property is distinguished by the quality of its welcoming service, discreet and caring, and the passion of its teams. Since then, actors and writers celebrate this locale and enjoy seaside pleasures on the hotel beach, in a confidential atmosphere preserved from the bustle of the village. A tribute to history nestled in pine trees, a new incarnation of the Tropezian spirit.
Since the spring 2018, La Résidence de la Pinède has been redesigned and reimagined with a renovation by the architect Jean-Michel Wilmotte. Inspired by its Mediterranean seaside location, his design reflects the beautiful presence of the Gulf of Saint-Tropez and epitomizes the way of life in the French Riviera. Redefining contemporary luxury, the interiors of La Résidence de la Pinède echo the blue of the sea and the white sand of the beach. These elements are further complemented by the works of the celebrated ceramicist Roger Capron, whose art pieces connect to their beautiful surroundings.
Date added extensions
Since its acquisition in 2016 by LVMH Hotel Management, La Résidence de la Pinède has undergone a significant evolution — in its architecture, design, and bespoke services — that made possible joining the collection of Cheval Blanc Maison’s and fulfiling a commitment to these values: Creativity, Exclusivity, Savoir Faire, and Art de Recevoir.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Cheval Blanc St-Tropez is a tranquil treasure on the Mediterranean coast. Walking distance from the centre of St-Tropez, the Maison also offers direct access to its own beach, a position that makes it ideal for alternating between the pleasures of the sea and escapades in the heart of the mythic village. In true Saint-Tropez style, the 30 rooms and suites offer a postcard-worthy view of the sea, of the pine forest or of the famed village of Saint-Tropez. Most rooms feature a terrace or spacious balcony surrounded by the scent of pine trees. Cheval Blanc St-Tropez hosts two restaurants and one bar for a true gastronomic escape. Chef Arnaud Donckele’s cuisine is a colourful, vibrantly whimsical journey through the Mediterranean Sea. La Vague d’Or awarded three Michelin stars, five toques and a rating of 19/20 by the Gault & Millau, invites guests on a magical journey between land and sea. For a relaxed lunch in front of the water, La Terrasse offers modern, simplistic cuisine with hints of the Mediterranean Sea, highlighting local, seasonal ingredients. With a nautical-inspired décor, Le Bar invites all to a refreshing interlude. The white sandy beach of Bouillabaisse hosts sixty loungers available for guests, a prime setting for lounging in privacy with views of the Bay of Saint-Tropez. Continually at 30 degrees, the infinity pool extends the sweet sensation of a swim and pleasantly enlivens the Maison. At the end of the beach, boats may dock at the jetty, the departure point for sea excursions and water sports. In a welcoming atmosphere of serenity, Guerlain has created a wide range of massages and treatments, specially conceived for Spa Cheval Blanc St-Tropez.
Cheval Blanc St-Tropez is located on the beach of Bouillabaisse at the entrance of Saint-Tropez, a few minutes from the village centre.
Every summer, the mythical village spurs to life. At the heart of Saint Tropez, the famed Place des Lices is a place not to be missed. By day, it is a live theatre of pétanque. By night, the coveted champagne bar at White 1921 Saint-Tropez is a bubbly place to taste rare vintages. The harbour is a popular meeting place, dotted with terraced cafés and a vision of boats. A few steps away, the Annonciade, France’s first modern art museum, founded in 1922, invites visitors to discover collections from the pointillist, Nabis and Fauvist movements. An expert awaits to reveal secret tips, cultural nuances or historical facts… The choice is yours. To access the village, a complimentary shuttle service is offered from the Maison to the centre of Saint-Tropez. For an unparalleled transfer, choose a round trip by boat directly from the Maison’s pontoon.
Key sites/activities in the area
The Maison has a large collection of experiences imagined by a dedicated team of Alchemists to discover the village, only a few steps away from Cheval Blanc St Tropez as well as the charming region around.
Adventure is within sight; seize the moment to escape, by land or by sea, solo or with family – on the trails of the backcountry or the swells of the sea, anything is possible. Designers of adventure, the Maison’s Alchemists have imagined a thousand and one possibilities for diversion. Whether you’re seeking a lazy day, shopping on the Riviera, an outing in a race car or foraging along the edge of the woods, each activity and experience offered by Cheval Blanc is personalized according to the guests’ schedules, desires, and moods.
Example of unique experiences :
*In one of the magnificent vineyards of the region, accessible by boat or Mini-Moke, enjoy a delicious Provençal lunch made of local products
*Under the most famous pines of Place des Lices, enjoy a sunset pétanque competition amongst family or friends
*Enjoy a boat trip to discover the Golden Islands in Port-Cros National Park and the creeks of l’Escalet : unwind over the crystal-clear sea and jump in to snorkel and discover the underwater life.
*The artist Roger Capron played a major role in the history of La Résidence de la Pinède – the columns or the central staircase – so for the renovation, Jean-Michel Wilmotte contacted his wife to get some of his designs and transfer them to rugs, small details and furniture throughout the Maison.
*Three-Michelin Star Chef Arnaud Donckele is a self-taught student of Provence – his mother had a delicatessen and he learned talking to locals who passed on their wisdom. A 70-year-old fisherman told him how to grill liche.
A big wide world of wonder. The Maison welcomes our youngest guests with a collection of specially designed amenities and gifts. Babies are swaddled in bespoke equipment. Children are spoilt in kid-sized slippers and bathrobes. Made-to-measure baby purées and kid-friendly menus, and unforgettable family memories. The Maison’s Alchemists are always on-hand to design family activities and experiences for pure seaside bliss. Every season, the Maison presents new adventures to experience Saint-Tropez and its picturesque surroundings to the maximum.
Number of Suites:
• Duplex Pinède Suite (1) : A true haven of peace, the 90 sqm (970 sqft) Duplex Pinède Suite offers an exclusive residential experience designed by Jean Michel Wilmotte. On the first floor, the bedroom evokes an elegant, contemporary ambience in a palette of blue and cream, enhanced by works of Provencal artist Roger Capron. The bedroom is accompanied by an elegant vanity area as well as a terrace equipped with a table and sun loungers, a separate dressing room, a light filled bathroom with a bathtub and walk in shower, and separate toilets. On the second floor, the spacious mansard living area unveils stunning panoramic views over the Bay of Saint Tropez, and opens onto a terrace with a table and chairs to enjoy the ballet of sailboats and the iconic village. For a relaxing interlude, a second terrace is ideal for lounging under the Mediterranean sun For family getaways, the living area can comfortably accommodate two children. Can be interconnected to a Pool View Junior Suite, upon request and availability.
• Duplex Sea Suite (1) : Conceived by Jean Michel Wilmotte the 55 sqm (605 sqft) Duplex Sea Suite unfolds elegance over two floors with an enveloping palette of blue and cream. The ground floor unveils a spacious living room opening onto a private terrace with splendid views over the sea, a dressing room and separate toilets. A floor above, the bedroom pays homage to Provencal artist Roger Capron and unveils magnificent views over the Bay of Saint Tropez. The bedroom also boasts an elegant vanity area, its own charming terrace, a second dressing room as well as a bathroom with a bathtub and walk in shower.
• Deluxe Sea Suite (1) : Covering an area of 55 sqm (605 sqft) the Deluxe Sea Suite invites to experience the sweetness of Tropezian life interpreted by Jean Michel Wilmotte. It features a spacious bedroom, an independent dressing room, a separate living room and a bathroom with a bathtub, walk in shower and vanity area. Overlooking the Mediterranean Sea, it also offers a generous terrace unveiling a breathtaking view of the bay.
• Suite (1) : Located on the ground floor in front of the beach, the Suite extends on 55 sqm (605 sqft) in a colorama of blue and cream hues staged by Jean Michel Wilmotte. It features a spacious bedroom with an elegant vanity, an independent living room, a separate dressing room and a bathroom with a bathtub and walk in shower. A large terrace of 40 sqm (430 sqft) invites to an indulgent moment of relaxation on comfortable sun loungers, a few steps away from the sea.
• Sea Suite (2) : Covering 45 sqm (495 sqft) the Sea Suite offers a breathtaking panorama over the Bay of Saint Tropez Designed by Jean Michel Wilmotte with a contemporary Tropezian flair, it features a grand bedroom, an office space, an independent dressing room, a separate charming living room and a bathroom with a bathtub and walk in shower. This suite also offers two generous terraces revealing sprawling views of the sparkling sea and inviting to indulge in exclusive privacy. Can be interconnected to a Superior Sea Room, upon request and availability.
Number of Luxury rooms:
• Pool View Junior Suite (1) : Located on the ground floor in front of the Maison pool, the Pool View Junior Suite invites to indulge in seaside pleasures. Covering an area of 60 sqm (645 sqft), it reveals a comfortable living space, an independent dressing room, a bathroom with a bathtub and a walk in shower, as well as separate toilets. A Tropezian spirit and contemporary touches imagined by Jean Michel Wilmotte draw a vibrant homage to Provencal artist Roger Capron Facing the sea, the bright terrace unveils stunning views over the • Bay of Saint Tropez. Can be interconnected to the Duplex Pinède Suite, upon request and availability.
• Sea Junior Suite (3): Imagined by Jean Michel Wilmotte as an homage to artist Roger Capron, the Sea Junior Suite invites guests to an immersion in the Mediterranean lifestyle. Located on the first floor, it presents a palette of blue and cream over an area of 45 sqm (495 sqft). This bright bedroom offers a comfortable living area, a separate dressing room, a bathroom with a bathtub and walk in shower as well as separate toilets. A private terrace unveils sparkling views over the Bay of Saint Tropez. Can be interconnected to the Courtyard Classic Room, upon request and availability.
• Couryard Junior Suite (1): Opening out onto a grand terrace of 45 sqm (495 sqft) equipped with sun loungers, the Courtyard Junior Suite offers a view on the Maison verdant entrance. Decorated by Jean Michel Wilmotte in tones of blue and cream, this room of 45 sqm 495 sqft impresses with its volumes and contemporary style inspired by artist Roger Capron. The suite hosts a light filled bedroom with a living area, a separate dressing room and a bathroom with a walk in shower and separate toilets.
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all:
• Deluxe Sea Room (9) : The Deluxe Sea Room impresses with its beautiful terrace, ideal for enjoying stunning panoramas of the seaside In typical Tropezian style, the décor is inspired by the surrounding natural canvas, celebrating light and airy colours a true invitation to relaxation On the ground floor, the room offers plush chairs and a bathroom with a bathtub and separate showers, and extends over 30 to 40 sqm (325 to 430 sqft). King size bed or twin bed. Can be interconnected to another Deluxe Sea Room upon request and availability.
• Superior Sea Room (12) : Covering an area of 30 sqm (325 sqft) the Superior Sea Room features a separate dressing room and a bathroom with a walk in shower Imagined by Jean Michel Wilmotte this room boasts a contemporary colour palette echoing the surrounding landscape and paying tribute to Provencal artist Roger Capron. The private terrace offers stunning views over the Bay of Saint Tropez and invites to enjoy the true and gentle Mediterranean lifestyle in tranquillity. King size bed or twin bed. Can be interconnected to another Superior Sea Room or a Sea Suite, upon request and availability.
• Atelier Sea Room (1): Nestled on the first floor, the Atelier Sea Room invites to a bohemian escape in Provence Terracotta and cream tones meet a contemporary inspiration imagined by Jean Michel Wilmotte as an homage to the Mediterranean Sea. Covering an area of 20 sqm (215 sqft) this charming mansard room features a bathroom with a bathtub as well as a balcony offering splendid views over the Bay of Saint Tropez. King size bed or twin bed.
• Courtyard Classic Room (1): Designed in a palette of blue and cream by Jean-Michel Wilmotte, the Courtyard Classic Room is a delightful cocoon of 30sqm (330sqft) inspired by works of art by Roger Capron and is enhanced by a beautiful terrace opening over the tree-lined courtyard. King size bed or twin bed. Can be interconnected to a Junior Sea Suite, upon request and availability.
Restaurants & Bars
Cheval Blanc St-Tropez presents the artistry of Chef Arnaud Donckele in two restaurants and one bar.
• La Terasse
Under the shade of the pines, in front of the sparkling sea, La Terrasse unveils the laid-back essence of Mediterranean food. A delightful invitation to indulgent lunches under the Tropezian sun
• La Vague d’Or
With three MICHELIN stars, five toques and a 19/20 rating by Gault & Millau, La Vague d’Or invites guests on a magical journey between land and sea when the night falls.
• The Bar
Flick of the wrist and alchemy is unveiled – the Maison’s mixologists concoct drops of sunshine and light bites to enjoy all day. At Cheval Blanc St-Tropez, under the pine tree canopy and the starlit sky, Wednesday evenings awakenlive music.
• Carte Blanche – Carte Blanche menu available 24 7 and bespoke culinary discoveries
• A few steps from the hustle and bustle of the village, Cheval Blanc Spa is a haven of peace, dedicated to relaxation and wellbeing. Open to all, the beauty experts offer exclusive treatments created by Guerlain, inspired by the Mediterranean, the scent of the pine and the sea breeze. The Secret Garden offers Hatha Yoga classes, available on reservation
• The spa has four treatment rooms and the Orchidée Salon, a prestige treatment room for two.
• Fitness centre, hammam experience shower, snow shower and ice fountain
• Maison beach for a sun basked break by the Mediterranean Sea
• Heated infinity pool
Corporate & Celebration Events
• The outdoor facilities may be used for private events upon request.
Extra Notable Features
• Map tracing, adventure taking – the Côte d’Azur is a playground for the senses. The Maison’s Alchemists design personalised activities to fit every mood, occasion and desire to discover.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Awarded three Michelin stars, five Toques and a rating of 19 20 by Gault Millau, La Vague d’Or invites guests on a magical journey between land and sea Arnaud Donckele’s creative mastery ensures an unparalleled experience which combines exceptional cuisine and wines from around the world selected by the head sommelier.
• Awarded with the prestigious Palace distinction, the Tropezian Maison unveils a contemporary spirit on the Riviera.
Number of employees
140 Ambassadeurs for 30 Rooms and Suites