Chia Laguna Sardinia, Italy
Viale Belvedere località Chia Domus de Maria (CA), Sardinia
Italian Hospitality Collection
Castello SGR S.p.A.
Date of Creation
1988; new management from 2010
Italian Hospitality Collection features some of Italy’s most impressive properties, each one embodying a distinctive sense of place, honouring the transformative power of nature and perfectly balancing the relationship between mind, body, spirit and environment.
History & Story
Opened in 1988, Chia Laguna has undergone several changes and upgradings over the years. In 2003 Chia Laguna starts an affiliation with Starwood Hotels; the partnership terminates in 2008. In 2014 the hotel becomes part of Italian Hospitality Collection, a new portfolio of hotels & spas devoted to curating moments of distinction, deeply rooted in local culture and heritage, that create memorable experiences with emotional impact. The collection includes Chia Laguna in Sardinia, Fonteverde, Bagni di Pisa and Grotta Giusti in Tuscany, Le Massif in Courmayeur (Italian Alps).
2021 – Total refurbishment of Hotel Laguna and Baia di Chia Resort Sardinia (5 stars category). Baia di Chia Resort Sardinia becomes part of Curio Collection by Hilton in summer 2021; Hotel Laguna will welcome its guests in 2022 as proud member of Conrad Hotels & Resorts (Hilton).
2020 – Total refurbishment of Hotel Village (4 stars category).
2017 – Hotel Baia fully renovated with the opening of new amazing suites. Upgrade to 4 stars prestige category.
2016 – First part of the total renewal of Hotel Baia and new opening of Whiteluna Restaurant.
2015 – New luxury Suites, new swimming pool at Hotel Laguna; new Chia Natural Spa
2012 – Launch of new Hotel Spazio Oasi ; total refurbishment of remaining 240 rooms at Hotel Village; complete refurbishment of Conference Center; upgrading of main swimming-pool and gym facilities
2011 – Total refurbishment of Restaurants Bouganville (Hotel Village) and Le Dune (by the beach)
2006 – Total refurbishment of Hotel Laguna
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Several types of accommodation, dedicated services for couples and families
• Choice of restaurants and dining options, evening entertainment.
• Exclusive services for top Suite residents. Special VIP treatments for guests
• Beach and surrounding nature
• Chia Natural Spa
• Only 50km from Cagliari International Airport
In the heart of the Mediterranean, Chia is located in one of the most beautiful parts of the wild and unspoilt coast of South-West Sardinia, just 50 minutes from Cagliari, the island’s county town. The Resort overlooks the Baia of Chia, one of the most beautiful stretches of beach on the island. Close to the resort is the village of Chia, built upon the remains of the VII century village of Bithia, in later date occupied by Phoenician, Punic and Roman colonies. A landmark of Chia is the 16th-century Spanish tower which overlooks Chia bay.
Key sites/activities in the area
Key sites in the area are the archaeological site of Nora, an ancient Roman and pre-Roman town placed on a peninsula near Chia, now an open-air museum; Cagliari, the capital city of the island of Sardinia, an ancient city with a long history which has seen the rule of several civilizations.
Among the activities, sea and land excursions are arranged by the Resort.
Children are engaged by the many fun and sports activities organized for them: face and body painting, children and parents games, kid’s cooking classes, tea and dinner parties, sports games, fun & games by the children’s pool and by the beach, baby dance and kid’s shows on the main stage. Entertainment is provided every evening on the stage of the main square, with cabaret shows and concerts.
Children are entertained by the multi-lingual entertainment team who create activities and tailored programmes for all interests and ages. Special spaces for children are the children’s pool and play area, and the Bimbi Restaurant.
Hotel Laguna: with breath-taking views over the lagoon and the sea of Chia, offer ing the best in comfort, privacy and Mediterranean elegance. Total number of rooms: 107.
Restaurants & Bars
• La Terrazza – A la carte fine dining, Italian & Mediterranean cuisine
• Bioaquam Restaurant (bar & lunch) – Exclusively reserved for Hotel Laguna guests, the Bioaquam Restaurant offers light elegant dishes by the poolside that are prepared with health and wellness in mind. The sun terrace invites you to lay back and soak up the rays, while the plush lounge area will seduce you with breathtaking panoramas of the entire bay.
• Brand New Domus Restaurant – Hotel Village new dedicated restaurant for breakfast and dinner. Casual family style, with live cooking stations.
• Brand New Mezze Restaurant –Open for dinner to all resort guests. Middle-Eastern and Sardinian inspirations mix together in Mezze menus.
• Brand New Osteria La Torre Restaurant – “Al fresco” family restaurant in Piazza main square. offering traditional and Sardinian cuisine, as well as luxury and fine-dining style dishes.
• Pizzeria Restaurant – Outdoor restaurant in Piazza main square, offering guests traditional wood-fired oven pizzas.
• Flow Restaurant – Signature restaurant, South-East Asian, Thai and Sushi fusion cuisine.
• Brand New Sa Mesa Restaurant – Traditional Sardinian restaurant, open for dinner. At Sa Mesa, guests can enjoy traditional Sardinian cuisine in this outlet, serving fresh seafood/steaks. Live BBQ area, à la carte menu.
• Le Dune by the beach – Fish & seafood specialities, wood-oven pizzeria, open for lunch and for special wine-tasting dinners events
• Brand New Il Ginepro Restaurant – There’s a vibrant sense of energy and youthfulness at Il Ginepro, with laid back contemporary décor and casual culinary options. The atmosphere encourages all forms of relaxation, with a wide variety of local dishes that are inspired by Mediterranean and Sardinian tradition.
• Bimbi Restaurant – Buffet restaurant entirely dedicated to children with special menus, offering simple and healthy food, and child-friendly furnishings.
• 8 bars – Bioaquam Bar, exclusively reserved to Hotel Laguna guests by the pool; Bollicine Bar, a champagne bar at Hotel Laguna; Piazza Bar, in the resort’s main square; Club House Bar, casual bar by the Hotel Village main pool; Le Dune kiosk next to the beach facilities; Chia Beach (kiosk at Monte Cogoni beach) ; Il Canneto bar by the new Hotel Baia swimming pool; Lounge Bar Flow (located at Flow Restaurant).
• Chia Natural Spa, open-air whirlpool baths, humid path, treatment rooms and relaxation areas.
• 5 swimming pools, two (Bioaquam and Oasi) reserved to 5* Hotel Laguna guests and one dedicated to children.
• One fitness centre with cardio-fitness equipment (reserved to Hotel Village and Baia di Chia Resort guests); one brand new fitness centre at Chia Natural Spa (reserved to Hotel Laguna guests).
Corporate & Celebration Events
• CHIA SPORT WEEK in October with top-level sporting events taking place, not to mention a host of other non-competitive races and events for all sports fans of all ages.
Extra Notable Features
• Football Academies in partnership with Juventus and English Premier League
• Diving and water-sports
• Land & sea excursions, horse-riding school
• Tennis, soccer, running group activities
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Chia Laguna was awarded “World Leading Beach Family Resort” at the prestigious World Travel Awards 2020
• “Mediterranean’s Leading Family Resort” (World Travel Awards 2020)
• “World Leading Beach Family Resort” (World Travel Awards 2019)
• Chia Laguna was awarded “Seven Stars Family Resort 2019” at the prestigious “Seven Stars Luxury Hospitality and
• Lifestyle Awards”. This is an important recognition of our dedicated passion for families and kids.
• “Italy’s Leading Family Resort” (World Travel Awards 2020)
• “Italy’s Leading Family Resort” (World Travel Awards 2018)
• “Seven Stars Family Resort 2017” at the prestigious Seven Stars Luxury Hospitality and Lifestyle Awards
• World Travel Awards Mediterranean’s leading family resort
• Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence – Hotel Laguna 5*
• Holidaycheck Quality Selection – Chia Laguna Resort
• World Travel Awards Italy’s Leading Resort
• Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence – Chia Village 4*
Number of employees
Up to 500 in high season (August)