Chia Laguna Sardinia, Italy
Viale Belvedere località Chia Domus de Maria (CA), Sardinia
Italian Hospitality Collection
Castello SGR real estate investment fund
Date of Creation
1988 ; new management from 2010
Hotel General Manager
Antonello Cocco, Resident Manager
Formerly Hotel Manager of 5-star Hotel Laguna has now taken over management of the entire resort.
Young and brilliant, Antonello will extend the top quality service of Hotel Laguna to all accommodation, food and leisure experience at Chia Laguna.
5 star & 4 star Prestige
Italian Hospitality Collection features some of Italy’s most impressive properties, each one embodying a distinctive sense of place, honouring the transformative power of nature and perfectly balancing the relationship between mind, body, spirit and environment.
History & Story
Opened in 1988, the Chia Laguna has undergone several changes and upgradings over the years. In 2003 Chia Laguna starts an affiliation with Starwood Hotels; the partnership terminates in 2008. In 2014 the hotel becomes part of Italian Hospitality Collection, a new portfolio of hotels & spas devoted to curating moments of distinction, deeply rooted in local culture and heritage, that create memorable experiences with emotional impact. The collection includes Chia Laguna in Sardinia, Fonteverde, Bagni di Pisa and Grotta Giusti in Tuscany.
2017 – Hotel Baia fully renovated with the opening of new amazing suites. Upgrade to 4 stars prestige category.
2016_ First part of total renewal of Hotel Baia and new opening of Whiteluna Restaurant.
2015 – New luxury Suites, new swimming pool at Hotel Laguna; new Chia Natural Spa
2012 – Launch of new Hotel Spazio Oasi ; total refurbishment of remaining 240 rooms at Hotel Village; complete refurbishment of Conference Center; upgrading of main swimming-pool and gym facilities
2011 – Total refurbishment of Restaurants Bouganville (Hotel Village) and Le Dune (by the beach)
2006 – Total refurbishment of Hotel Laguna
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Several types of accommodation, dedicated services for couples and families
• Choice of restaurants and dining options, evening entertainment.
• Exclusive services for top Suite residents. Special VIP treatments for guests
• Beach and surrounding nature
• New Spa
• Only 50km from Cagliari International Airport
In the heart of the Mediterranean, Chia is located in one of the most beautiful parts of the wild and unspoilt coast of South-West Sardinia, just 50 minutes from Cagliari, the island’s county town. The Resort overlooks the Baia of Chia, one of the most beautiful stretches of beach in the island. Close to the resort is the village of Chia, built upon the remains of the VII century village of Bithia, in later date occupied by Phoenician, Punic and Roman colonies. A landmark of Chia is the 16th century Spanish tower which overlooks Chia bay.
Key sites/activities in the area
Key sites in the area are the archeological site of Nora, an ancient Roman and pre-Roman town placed on a peninsula near Chia, now an open-air museum; Cagliari, the capital city of the island of Sardinia, an ancient city with a long history which has seen the rule of several civilizations.
Among the activities, sea and land excursions are arranged by the Resort.
Children are engaged by the many fun and sports activities organized for them: face and body painting, children and parents games, kid’s cooking classes, tea and dinner parties, sports games, fun & games by the children’s pool and by the beach, baby dance and kid’s shows on the main stage. Entertainment is provided every evening on the stage of the main square, with cabaret shows and concerts.
Children are entertained by the multi-lingual entertainment team who create activities and tailored programs for all interests and ages. Special spaces for children are children’s pool and play area, and the Bimbi restaurant.
New Opening: le Massif, Courmayeur, december 2018
Hotel Laguna: with breath-taking views over the lagoon and the sea of Chia, offer ing the best in comfort, privacy and Mediterranean elegance. Total number of rooms: 85.
• Two presidential suites, luxury panorama suite and natural prestige suite, spacious and refined with panoramic views of the sea and lagoon, one of them with Jacuzzi at the edge of the 140 sqm.terrace; two Jacuzzi garden suites, spacious and light-filled, with personal Jacuzzi in the private garden; five garden junior suites, generous in size with private garden overlooking the lagoon; two suites and 7 Junior Suites, designed as roomy open spaces, living area and sleeping area joined in a single refined environment with a wonderful sea-view terrace; 37 deluxe rooms, with enchanting views of the sea and the lagoon, suited for couples and families; 19 superior rooms, modern and welcoming, offering a comfortable sleeping area ideal for couples; 11 inner rooms with view of the inner court of the hotel, suitable for families with teenagers or service personnel.
• Hotel Spazio Oasi: located in the panoramic and private area of the Village, with magnificent views of the Resort and the sea of Chia. Total number of rooms 34: 2 oasi balcony suites, spacious with living area , two bedrooms with private bathroom, and large terraces overlooking the sea; 10 oasi garden deluxe, located on the ground floor, with private garden and living area separate from the sleeping area; 7 oasi balcony deluxe, large open space rooms with panoramic view balconies; 3 oasi superior, ideal for 2 adults and 2 children with two sleeping areas and balcony; 3 oasi family rooms, ideal for families, located on the third level of spazio oasi; oasi garden, located on the ground floor among lush mediterranean gardens, ideal for couples.
New for 2017: Club House dedicated new restaurant
Restaurants & Bars
• La Terrazza – A la carte fine dining, Italian & Mediterranean cuisine
• New Bioaquam Restaurant – Exclusively reserved for hotel guests, the Bioaquam Restaurant offers light elegant dishes by the poolside that are prepared with health and wellness in mind. The sun terrace invites you to lay back and soak up the rays, while the plush lounge area will seduce you with breathtaking panoramas of the entire bay.
• BRAND NEW WHITELUNA restaurant – pre and after dinner, gourmet restaurant, sushi corner and live music
• Le Dune by the beach – Fish & sea food specialities, wood-oven pizzeria, open for lunch and for special wine-tasting dinners events
• Club House – By the main pool, Italian & International cuisine
• Bouganville – Italian and International buffet restaurant with show-cooking
• Brand New La Pergola – There’s a vibrant sense of energy and youthfulness at La Pergola, with laid back contemporary décor and casual culinary options. The atmosphere encourages all forms of relaxation, with a wide variety of local dishes that are inspired by Mediterranean and Sardinian tradition.
• Bimbi restaurant by Masha & Bear– Buffet dedicated to children with special menus and child-friendly furnishings.
• 7 bars – Bollicine bar, a champagne bar in the 5* hotel; Piazza bar, in the resort’s main square; club house bar, casual bar by the main pool; le Dune lounge bar by the beach; le Dune kiosk next to the beach facilities; Panino Giusto snack-bar, serving gourmet sandwiches and drinks; brand new Il Canneto bar by the new Hotel Baia swimming pool
• CLUB HOUSE RESTAURANT NEW WHITE LUNA RESTAURANT – NEWLY RENOVATED : Experience the true flavours of Sardinia at the Club ; House, the newly refurbished restaurant, by the amazing Village swimming pool.
• Chia Natural Spa, open-air whirlpool baths, humid path, treatment rooms and relaxation areas
• 5 swimming pools, one reserved to 5* Laguna guests and one dedicated to children
• Fitness centre with cardio-fitness equipment
Corporate & Celebration Events
• BRAND NEW FOR 2018: CHIA SPORT WEEK from 21st to 29th April 2018, three top-level sporting events will be taking place, not to mention a host of other non-competitive races and events for all sports fans of all ages.
GRAND FONDO, CHIA TRIATHLON 70,3 AND CHIA HALF MARATHON.
• Incentives and conferences
• Wedding and anniversary celebration packages
Extra Notable Features
• Football Academies in partnership with Juventus and English Premier League
• Exclusive Partnership with Masha & Bear for kids entertainment
• Diving and water-sports centre
• Land & sea excursions, horse-riding school
• Tennis, soccer, running group activities
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
Chia Laguna has been awarded “Seven Stars Family Resort 2017” at the prestigious Seven Stars Luxury Hospitality and Lifestyle
Awards. This is an important recognition of our dedicated passion for families and kids.
• World Travel Awards Mediterranean’s leading family resort
• Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence – Hotel Laguna 5*
• Holidaycheck Quality Selection – Chia Laguna Resort
• World Travel Awards Italy’s Leading Resort
• Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence – Chia Village 4*
Number of employees
Up to 500 in high season (August)