Claris Hotel & Spa 5 Grand Luxe
Claris Hotel & Spa 5 Grand Luxe, Barcelona
Calle Pau Claris, 150
08009 Barcelona, Spain
Derby Hotels Collection
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Remei Gomez, General Manager
5 stars luxury hotel located in the centre of Barcelona. Luxury accommodation. Luxury services. The hotel occupies a historic building, the Vedruna Palace, a 19th-century neoclassical palace. Small Luxury Hotels of the World .
Claris Hotel & Spa 5 Grand Luxe
History & Story
Hotel Claris is a five-star Grand Luxe hotel located in Barcelona’s central Eixample neighborhood, just steps away from Passeig de Gràcia, a street that boasts the city’s most famous shops Occupying the Palacio Vedruna, a former palace that dates back to the ninetieth twentieth century, the building was remodeled in 1992 to adapt it to its new use as a hotel. The Hotel Claris currently has 124 newly-renovated rooms and exclusive suites, meeting rooms, venues for special functions, outdoor swimming pool, solarium, gym, sauna, cocktail bar and gourmet restaurant, with a spectacular terrace that gives visitors one-of-a-kind views of the city.
The impressive artwork collection displayed in each room is proof of the hotel’s close link with art; each room is decorated with one-of-a-kind pieces that create unique spaces that combine luxury and comfort.
Rooms have been totally refurbished from 2012 to 2015, including furniture, decoration, amenities.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
The Hotel Claris boasts an exceptional art collection. Distributed throughout the hotel ’s common areas as well as in the rooms, the pieces range from eighteenth and nineteenth-century English furniture, nineteenth-century Turkish kilims, Roman mosaics and sculptures from the second and third-centuries AD to Guinovart etchings, original etchings commissioned by Napoleon in 1812, and fifth to eighth-century Burmese and Indian sculptures.
The hotel’s most defining characteristic is its close tie to Egyptian art. The Hotel Claris museum showcases pieces from the Jordi Clos Archaeological Foundation’s private collection, 70 unique pieces of priceless historical and artistic value that illustrate the history of Egypt, from the Old Kingdom to the Roman period.
The Hotel Claris is located in the Eixample neighbourhood in the centre of Barcelona, a stone’s throw from Passeig de Gràcia and 10 minutes away from Plaça Catalunya, the city’s nerve centre. Next to Passeig de Gràcia, the luxury shopping area of the city and surrounded by the best international boutiques. The best restaurants and Gaudi’s Modernist buildings are also placed in the area.
In Passeig de Gràcia and the Rambla de Catalunya, you’ll find the most chic boutiques in Barcelona.
Children are welcome
• King Suite: The 62 m2 King Suite has a sitting-dining room, a complete bathroom with sauna and a dressing room on the bottom floor, and an open bedroom with an additional bathroom on the upper floor.
• Grand Suite Duplex: 44 to 54 m² duplex split-level rooms that feature a sitting area and toilet in the lower level and a bedroom and a complete marble bathroom in the upper level.
• Grand Suite: Luxurious 40 m² suites decorated in a stunning combination of antique furniture, Hindu sculptures and twentieth-century Catalan Modernist art.
• Suite Duplex: 35 m² split-level duplex rooms that feature a sitting area set apart from the bedroom. All the spaces, even the bathroom, have been recently refurbished
• Junior Suite: Quiet 35 m² interior rooms divided into a sitting room and a bedroom. A functional space for a comfortable stay with a wealth of features.
• Junior Suite Duplex: 35 m² split-level duplex rooms that feature a sitting area set apart from the bedroom.
• Executive room: 20 m² rooms decorated with first-class materials: oak, mervaux wood floors, gold-leafed ceilings and hand-crafted headboards.
• Superior room: Modern 18 m² interior or exterior rooms that seamlessly blend art, design and functionality to provide a comfortable and cozy stay.
All rooms Feature a double bed or two single beds, marble bathroom with bath, sofa, flat screen LCD TV, free Wi-Fi. Rooms are completely soundproof with individual climate control, 24-hour room service, 30 television channels via satellite, DVD on request, dock station for smartphones and tablets, minibar, safe that can fit a laptop, baby cot free of charge (upon request), laundry and ironing service, hair-dryer and robe. Some rooms feature Nespresso coffee machine and Sony bluetooth connection.
Restaurants & Bars
• La Terraza del Claris
La Terraza del Claris Restaurant offers a culinary voyage via its signature Mediterranean cuisine on the terrace of the iconic Claris Hotel & Spa 5*GL. A space in the city which is both tranquil and romantic with views over the Eixample neighbourhood of Barcelona. Overseen by chef Aurelio Morales, awarded by his first Michelin star and with Daniel Hernández at the helm, the restaurant offers a variety of options for every type of occasion. An elegant place in which to enjoy delicious and sophisticated cocktails created by the celebrated Italian mixologist Daniel Madeddu.
• Restaurant Mr. Kao
Based on and inspired by the golden age of Shanghai’s private clubs, Mr. Kao is Barcelona’s first Dim Sum Club located in a luxury five-star hotel. Its cuisine combines quality and technique in the preparation of each and every dish. Classic recipes from Chinese gastronomy are combined with Mediterranean ingredients and local produce.
Every day from 12:30pm to 3:30pm and from 8:30pm to 11:30pm
• Mayan Secret Spa (New):
You will find the balance and harmony of body and mind in a unique environment of high service and quality, combining the exclusive cosmetic French brand CARITA, with a very personal style making this setting an unforgettable experience.
Surrender yourself into the magic and secrets of Mayan Secret Spa, where we will create an unparalleled moment of peace, beauty and wellness.
• Swimming pool and solarium area are on the rooftop terrace of the Hotel Claris.
• Pool with bar service during summer season, and views over the city of Barcelona
• Completely Equipped Fitness area open to all guests every day. Fitness room with views over the city.
• Massage service on request
Corporate & Celebration Events
The Hotel Claris has a number of 27 to 200 m² modular function rooms that can host anywhere from 12 to 200 guests. Each of the hotel ’s function rooms—the Claris, Vedruna, Keops, Design, and the Egyptian Museum—is exquisitely decorated and fitted out with top-of-the-line services that can be tailored to any meeting or function.
The Hotel Claris also offers multipurpose venues that are ideal for cocktail parties, receptions and similar functions. Discover the best the hotel has to offer: the Claris Restaurant, the glass-enclosed East Garden function room, and La Terraza del Claris rooftop restaurant with spectacular views of the Barcelona skyline.
Extra Notable Features
Guest relations and concierge services available at the Hotel Claris.
Our concierge / guest relations team is at your entire disposal in order to organize your stay at the Claris hotel in order to contract services such as private transfers, tourist guides, shows, sportive events and personal shopper, etc.