London, United Kingdom
Carlos Place, Mayfair
London, W1K 2AL – UK
Maybourne Hotel Group
Hotel General Manager
Jean-Georges at The Connaught Terrace and Aman Spa are now open. Jean-Georges at The Connaught indoor dining, Connaught Bar and Coburg Bar will reopen from 17 May 2021. Hélène Darroze at The Connaught will open from 18 May 2021. The Connaught will reopen for all stays from 17 May 2021, subject to government guidelines. In line with government regulations, The Connaught is currently open to accommodate guests travelling for specific purposes only. The gym and spa and all restaurants and bars will be closed during this time, with resident guests provided service by in-room dining.
History & Story
At the hub of Mayfair Village since the early part of the 19th century, the Connaught has evolved into a hotel where heritage meets the upmost modernity and whose English charm and refined elegance remain unchanged, making the Connaught an exceptional choice for the most discerning guest.
In 2007 the Connaught had a £70 million restoration and refurbishment. Among the highlights are a new contemporary wing, the Aman Spa, a serene Japanese garden and David Collins’ luxurious Apartment suite.
The Connaught is nestled amongst the shops, galleries and restaurants of Mount Street, one of the most exclusive corners of Mayfair.
Key sites/activities in the area
Neighbour to some of London’s most sought-after galleries and boutiques and just a short stroll from some of the capital’s most peaceful parks and gardens, the Connaught is a hub in one of the most desirable locations in town.
The Connaught’s infamous staircase was built by Maple & Co., a company who also introduced the first in-house hotel hair salon at the Connaught which was THE place for all the debutantes to go and get there hair done during the late 1800’s/early 1900s.
• Connaught activity book with colouring pencils
• Connaught mini umbrella
• Children’s bathrobe and slippers
• Child-friendly swimming pool hours
• Children’s menus
• Cots and highchairs
• Bottle warmers
• Babysitting/childminding services – charges apply
• Fully trained first-aider
Each of our rooms and suites couples supreme comfort with contemporary touches; everyone has bespoke and inherited furniture, beds dressed in the finest Italian linen, and all have benefited from beautiful refurbishments by leading interior designers Guy Oliver and David Collins. And whether you stay in a room or suite at the Connaught, all come with a personal butler, ready to make you feel right at home and take care of your every need.
Restaurants & Bars
• Three Michelin-starred Hélène Darroze at the Connaught focusses on exclusive, hand-selected ingredients which are chosen by you, nurtured by Hélène, and turned into an enchanting dining experience that reconnects you with the pleasures and joys of eating well.
• The Connaught Bar is a fascinating world where our mixologists are intensely alive to the creative possibilities of their art, they are explorers, magpies and alchemists – travelling, searching, experimenting and bringing it all back from around the globe to this pulsating corner of London.
• Inside the Coburg Bar, experts will guide you through your tastes and desires towards something perfectly personal and bespoke, even the most exacting connoisseur will experience the seductive sense that discoveries are here to be made.
• The Connaught Grill, once one of London’s most celebrated restaurants, has returned to The Connaught giving a respectful nod to its distinguished heritage. The contemporary and intimate design showcases extraordinary signature wooden wall panels, tables and chairs crafted by Nakashima woodworkers. With Jean-Georges Vongerichten at the helm the menu is a delicious line up of the finest British produce, cooked over fire.
• The Connaught Patisserie is a jewel in the heart of Mayfair nestled at the side of The Connaught, and on majestic Mount Street. A team of patissiers craft delicious handmade delicacies to carry you through the day from the first morning croissant, to an afternoon patisserie with champagne, and beautifully boxed celebratory cakes to gift or take home.
Our Aman Spa takes relaxation and rejuvenation to a whole new level. This oasis of calm with its holistic massages and healing therapies, is a secluded haven that offers exceptional personal experiences that will take you as close to paradise as you can get.
Corporate & Celebration Events
Within this most revered of hotels are event spaces that marry innovation of facilities with tradition of service. Thanks to expert and dedicated staff the Connaught becomes a stunning and very private place to entertain; from a handful of close friends in the Regency Room to hundreds of guests in Mayfair’s first new ballroom in over 80 years.
Extra Notable Features
• Martini Trolley. Renowned for its perfect martinis, the Connaught Bar has taken the ceremonial elements of this particular cocktail experience one step further with a deliciously designed Martini Trolley
• Whisky Concept Tasting. A unique experience of whisky and chocolate pairing that will take you on a journey of flavour.
• John Lobb Shoe Shine. Guests are offered a Connaught martini or drink of their choice and a wealth of reading material creating some proper downtime whilst their shoes are shined by our specially John Lobb trained butlers.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Hélène Darroze at the Connaught makes first entry into top 50 UK restaurants, Good Food Guide 2014
• The Connaught listed as their Top 3 World’s Best Business Hotels, Travel & Leisure 2013
• The Connaught awarded Best City Hotel in the World. Bilanz Magazine Hotel Awards 2013
• The Connaught listed in Top 100 hotels in the world, International Traveller Magazine Australia 2013
• The Connaught awarded Best UK Hotel, Conde Nast USA Traveler Reader Awards 2013
Number of employees