Corfu Imperial Grecotel Exclusive Resort Greece
Corfu Imperial Grecotel Exclusive Resort
PO Box 130, Kommeno, Corfu, 49083
Grecotel Hotel Company
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Eustathios Savvidis
5 star luxury
An exclusive 5 star resort set on a private peninsula surrounded by sea, commited to providing service excellence on a highly personalized level.
Corfu Imperial Grecotel Exclusive Resort
History & Story
Built in the mid seventies, previously a member of the government owned Astir hotel group, the Corfu Imperial was sold and radically renovated in 1996, when it became a member of the Grecotel Hotel Company. Since then, it has expanded its services and facilities and has become one of the most elegant and well known luxury resort hotels in Greece.
Routine renovations are realized each year, in preparation for the upcoming season. The last major renovation was in 2014, when 136 double guestrooms in the main building were refurbished.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Unique location, set on a private peninsula, surrounded by sea. Great variety of accommodation options ranging from Superior and Deluxe guestrooms to villas with private pools that can accommodate from couples to families of up to eight persons. Eco-awarded beach and sea water quality, numerous dining possibilities, various fitness and wellness activities. A highly personalized service approach.
The Corfu Imperial is located in the area of Kommeno, which is a quiet residential area populated by exclusive, privately owned waterfront villas, constituting one of the most elite and expensive real estate areas of Corfu. Kommeno is located 13 kms from the centre of Corfu and just 4kms from the main yacht harbour of Corfu, the Gouvia Marina.
Key sites/activities in the area
The National Art Gallery located in Kato Korakiana (4 kms) houses a permanent collection of Modern Greek art. The Paleokastritsa monastery (20 kms) dedicated to Virgin Mary, offering a breathtaking view of the island and the sea below it. The Old and the New Fortresses in the Centre of Corfu (13kms), breathtaking examples of Venetian Architecture. The Mon Repos Palace and Museum (15kms), the Achilleion Palace (25kms) and many more.
The Corfu Imperial is the hotel in Corfu that occupies the highest number of employees !
The Grecoland Club was created entirely with children in mind. Brightly coloured benches and tables, costumes, crafts, activities and competitions create a magical holiday experience. The Grecoland children’s club was created entirely with kids in mind.
‘Kids go free’ in the “Tasty Corner”. From morning to evening, mini buffets in Grecoland or a restaurant offer a constant supply of fresh, tempting food and drinks EXCLUSIVELY for kids experience for children aged 3-12 years. Grecoland offers regular, supervised, morning and afternoon sessions.
• Superior Guestroom with Sea View, balcony, Main Building: 44
• Deluxe Guestroom with Sea View, balcony, Main Building: 92
• Imperial Suite with Sea View, balcony, Main Building: 20
• Deluxe Suite with Sea View, balcony, Main Building: 2
• Presidential Suite with Sea View, balcony, Main Building: 2
• Family maisonette with Sea View, terrace and balcony, seafront: 4
• Dream Villa Corfu with Sea View, terrace and balcony, seafront: 6 (4 with private pool, 2 without pool)
• Palazzo with pool with Sea View, terrace and balcony, seafront: 2
• Dream Villa Waterfront with Sea View, private terrace and garden: 6 (4 with private pool, 2 without pool)
• Junior Bungalow Suite with Sea View, balcony or terrace, access to the beach: 12
• Deluxe 1 Bedroom Seafront Bungalow Suite with Sea View, balcony or terrace, access to the beach: 6
• Deluxe 2 Bedroom Seafront Family Bungalow Suite with Sea View, balcony and terrace, access to the beach: 6
• Dream Villa with Pool with Sea View, balcony and terrace, private garden, access to the beach: 2
• Royal Pavillion with 2 private pools Sea View, balcony and terrace, private garden, access to the beach: 1
• Superior Bungalows with Sea View, balcony or terrace: 12
• Corfu Bungalows with Sea View, balcony or terrace: 32
• Corfu Bungalows with Garden View, balcony or terrace: 32
• Palazzo Libro D’Oro with private pool, 4 bedrooms, sea view, private garden, terrace and balconies: 1
• Palazzo Imperiale with private pool, 3 bedrooms, sea view, private terrace: 1
Restaurants & Bars
• Mon Repos Mediterranean Buffet Restaurant
Breakfast, lunch, dinner in buffet style (Half board)
• Aristos Fine Dining Restaurant
Mediterranean Gourmet (not included in pension meal package)
• Nafsika Brasserie
Daytime a la carte restaurant near the main pool (not included in pension meal package).
• Yali Waterfront Restaurant
Fresh fish and seafood fine dining restaurant (not included in pension meal package)
• Alkinoos Lounge Bar
• Odysseas Cocktail Terrace
• Yali Beach Bar
• Nafsika Pool Bar
• Elixir Wellness Area with an indoor heated pool, sauna and steam room
• Massage, facial and body treatments available at the Elixir Wellness Area
• Outdoor open pool, fresh water, non heated
• Fitness Suite with Cardio equipment and weights
• Daily Fitness programs including yoga, pilates, piloxing, zumba, aquafitness and more.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Korkyra Conference Room : 527 m2, 400 persons (theatre style), double projection & screens, audio.
• Alkinoos A Conference Room : 180 m2, 200 persons (theatre style), single projection & screen.
• Alkinoos B Conference Room : 180 m2, 200 persons (theatre style), projection possible.
• All AV is available upon request, subject to extra cost.
• Pool area outdoor banquet space : 250 m2, 180 persons.
• Danillia village outdoor and indoor banquet space : 800m2, 350 persons (off property).
Extra Notable Features
• Watersports Centre located near the beach (concession), 2 flood-lit Tennis Courts with synthetic grass and quartz sand, Basketball court, Mini soccer court.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Athinorama Alpha Guide 2015-Recommended as one of the Hotels & Restaurants in Greece
• Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence
Number of employees