D Maris Bay
Datca Yolu Hisaronu Mevkii P.O. Box 119
Date of Creation
First opening 20.04.2012
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Karim Irrgang – Hotel Manager
Karim joined us from beautiful Maldives where he was Resident Manager of Maison Cheval Blanc by LVMH, a Resort which he was also part of the opening team. Prior to Maldives he travelled for Banyan Tree Resorts & SPA around the World and gained a wealth of experience in Asia, Africa, Australia, the Indian Ocean and the Middle East. He is fluent in German, French, English and Arabic.
After graduating from German’s most famous boarding school, Schule Schloss Salem, he was awarded a Diploma in Hotel Management from Hotel Traube Tonbach in Germany. Since February 2015 he now is General Manager at D-Hotel Maris and is looking forward to a fantastic season.
Member of The Leading Hotels of the World
Ubi Bene yacht has been added into inventory for 2015 summer season. D-Hotel Maris will be continuing its luxury service on water with two sailing yachts and one motor yacht.
LHW membership renewal is on process for next five years.
D-Hotel Maris become Virtuoso Member as of March
D-Hoel Maris has been awarded with Six Star Diamond by The American Academy of Hospitality Sciences (AAHS) and Six Star Diamond Award has only been presented to a select 15 hotels worldwide and D-Hotel Maris is the first hotel in Eastern Europe to receive the prestigious Six Star Diamond Award.
History & Story
Briefly D-Hotel Maris Architecture from its Architecture Mr. Hasan Mingü“The particularity of D-Hotel Maris would be the variety of its places and the quality in every corner. The unique nature where the hotel is situated enabled us to create different indoor and outdoor places, each of which was designed with a unique concept. The rebuilding of D-Hotel Maris was not redressing for a better look but changing it completely. Despite the scale and complexity of the project every part was detailed with specialattention. We could have the chance to embody different projects in one project and enable the customer to experience different atmospheres in one hotel.
Therefore the planning and renovation was not very easy, it took us almost 2 years to complete.D-Hotel Maris was designed as a big scale boutique hotel, by taking every small detail into the consideration. The first objective was to simplify the form and space layout. We paid special attention to the material and furniture choice and tried to refurbish the hotel to the highest standard.As a designer, I would expect a hotel to be visually fulfilling. As a guest, the comfort of the room, cleanness, the quality of service and food are the most important aspects. In the beach resorts, since people spend most of the day on the seaside, a relaxing beach with good facilities is very important.”
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
D-Hotel Maris is the only hotel in Europe which has 5 private sandy beaches each of which has different features & concepts.
• High up on the hillside of the magnificent reserve of the Datça Peninsula, where the Aegean and Mediterranean Seas meet D-Hotel Maris based on total territory of 156.000 m2 has five natural private beaches. Access to beaches at D-Hotel Maris is provided by beach lifts, shuttle boat rings and club cars.
• D-Hotel Maris is the only hotel in Europe which has 5 private sandy beaches each of which has different features & concepts. Did you know that 250 tons of white sand was imported from Egypt especially for the resort?
This sand does not burn feet!!!
Key sites/activities in the area
The Datça Peninsula is famous for having the third highest concentration level of oxygen in the world, it is said to have natural healing properties that date back to the 12th Century BC and was once a sacred place of pilgrimage to the legendary Aphrodite of Knidos. Strabon, a famous geographer, confirms this by his saying: “God would send his beloved servants to Cnidus to get well and live longer.
Take a canoe at the beach and feed the rabbits at the Rabbit Island in front of the hotel.
D-Hotel Maris welcomes children as of 6 years old.
Teenage Club located in the Bay area is opened between 09:00 – 12:00 and 14:00 – 18:00. We provide video games (PS3), workshop activities (t-shirt, gift objects painting etc.), air hockey, table tennis, fishing, canoeing, table games (scrabble, monopoly, backgammon etc.), various teenager games, mountain biking, water sport activities where even internationally accepted certificates during their holiday can be achieved, tennis activities.
• D-Hotel Maris, with its 193 rooms and suites and an Exclusive Villa, has Bed & Breakfast concept and welcomes children as of 6 years old. All rooms have been specifically designed for the ultimate escape and relaxation, most feature a bathtub with breathtaking views.
• D-Hotel Maris is the only resort hotel in Turkey having Executive Club Lounge – for suit & villa guests – guests has access club lounge and Executive Beach where there are stylish cabanas available upon availability.
• The Exclusive Villa at D-Hotel Maris, with its own swimming pool, a private hammam and sauna, 24hr butler service, two bedrooms, dining and living areas, a walk in wardrobe, and kitchen is truly out of this world. Situated next to the main hotel building, the Exclusive Villa offers privacy, with the most exceptional mountain and sea views from its private garden and especially the most amazing sunset.
• The stunning, duplex one bedroomed Presidential Suite at D-Hotel Maris has a dining room, living room, meeting room and 24hr butler service. There is also a private Jacuzzi on the spectacular rooftop terrace, offering a truly exceptional experience.
• At the Hotel Maris there will two rooms connected and there will be larger 7 rooms for families called Premier Suites and the suites will have connections to a second room if it is needed.
Restaurants & Bars
Compromises a buffet breakfast and five a la carte restaurants: Zuma, the famous of Capri, Il Riccio Beach Club & Restaurant, Nusr-Et – Steak Restaurant, Ruia – Turkish Restaurant and Bellariva, the Brasserie
• 7 bars
Sprinkled in the resort with live music and DJ performances. Coliseum hosts some of the top international musical entertainment acts. Renowned DJ’s, celebrity singers and legendary jazz bands on certain weekends.
Award-winning restaurant, lounge and bar concept, based around the ‘izakaya’ style of shared eating and drinking and three kitchens including a robata grill and sushi counter. Zuma at the D-Hotel Maris also features an exceptionally talented team to deliver world-class levels of service including mixologists and resident DJs to entertain guests.
• D-Hotel Maris has an exclusive wine cellar with 300 selection wines from 13 different countries, in total 6000 bottles. The wine menu has been awarded by Wine Spectator in 2014.
• Il Riccio Beach Club & Restaurant (soon to open)
D-Hotel Maris will have Michelin starred Il Riccio, from the famed sister hotel; the Capri Palace Hotel & Spa. Il Riccio’s menu features seafood specialities, homemade pasta and the best of Italian Mediterranean tradition. Its fish selection of fresh daily catches like octopuses, cuttlefish, breams, sea urchins and lobsters is a delight for the finest palates. The open-style kitchen is visible to the guests, as is the wide assortment of desserts in the inviting “room of temptations » where you will find an impressive array of the finest classic Neapolitan pastries.
D-Hotel Maris at the only resort hotel in Turkey, which has all branding rights of an world known award winning ESPA. All treatments are applied by ESPA trained therapists and 100% natural ESPA products. Espa at D-Hotel Maris has 4 signature treatments: Sea & Oil Scrub with Aegean Sea Shell Massage; Synchronised Four Handed Massage; The Beach Body Prep; Espa Time.
• Gym, with an array of high-tech machines to work every muscle offering group classes and personalized training programs for those wishing to either detox or work out during their stay at D-Hotel Maris.
• D-Hotel Maris also features the 1st European Bodyism residency with its special personal trainers available. Bodyism is a centre of excellence that delivers cutting edge nutritional, movement and supplement protocols to achieve long, lean, athletic bodies for all of our clients.
• D-Hotel Maris offers the best water sport facilities in Turkey including sailing, surfing, diving, water skiing, stand-up paddling, wakeboarding, guided kayak tours. DHMA has an infinity outdoor pool, indoor pool and a vitality pool.
Corporate & Celebration Events
With its luxurious ambience, D-Hotel Maris provides the ideal setting for board meetings and small conferences conduct business in privacy and peace, while our banqueting team atends to your every desire. You can treat your guests and colleagues to exceptional cuisine at one of five exclusive restaurants.
Extra Notable Features
• By hotel owned helicopter, guests can access to DHMA in style from both Dalaman and Bodrum International Airports only in 25 minutes.
• The sporting facilities include; jogging paths, guided mountain biking, beach volleyball, mini-football and basketball.
• D-Hotel Maris has a custom-made 100 ft wooden sailing yacht Paşa and another custom made sailing yacht Ubi Bene and 16m exclusive motor boat Open Sea with its unique design, they are available for charter and day tours. Guests may even reach Greek islands in 20 minutes.
• D-Hotel Maris offers 3 open US tennis courts. In 2015, the world famous Wimbledon champion Mr. Goran Ivanisevic will be creating a new tennis concept for our guests here at D-Hotel Maris. His professionally trained coaches will provide tennis lessons on effective development of tennis techniques, as well assisting the advanced level players, adults & children, in preparation for competitions.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Best Sunshine Boost- Conde Nast Traveler UK
• Hideaways Award- Germany
• Six Star Diamaond Award
• Robb Report Best of Best Russia
• Robb Report Best of Best America
• Robb Report Best of Best Turkey
• The Leading Hotels of the World
• Member of The Leading Hotels of Star Diamonds Award
• The Seven Star Global Luxury Award
• Marusya Cup
• Trip Advisor 2012 Winner
Number of employees