Daios Cove Luxury Resort & Villas Greece
Daios Cove Luxury Resort & Villas
Vathi, Aghios Nikolaos 72100, Crete
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
(Mr.) Panos Almyrantis.
Panos is an experienced hotel manager and has been with Daios since the opening in 2010. He has been awarded European Hotel manager of the Year 2014 by the European Hotel Managers Association.
• 2018 Total Renovation of Beach House
• 2020 Total Renovation of Ocean Level- Infinity Pool/Ocean restaurant/Ocean Bar
• 2020 Collaboration with Ducasse Conseil
Daios Cove Luxury Resort & Villas
History & Story
We only opened our doors in 2010, but the Daios Cove story actually began 30 years ago.
Back then, a keen yachtsman was sailing off the north coast of Crete when a storm broke. Needing to take refuge from the weather, he pointed his boat towards the first place which offered shelter… and discovered a beautiful cove which acted as a natural haven against the elements.
It was, you might say, a happy accident. He’d found paradise! Having fallen in love with the location’s natural beauty, the man decided to buy some land in the cove for possible future development.
Then, in 2006, architecture firm 3SK Stylianidis introduced him to the founder and CEO of the family-run Daios business. An agreement was reached, the business acquired the land and, a few months later, on 7th July 2006, started the development of Daios Cove. Our legacy was born.
It’s the location which dazzles first. Once seen, it’s never forgotten. Set against the visual drama of a secluded bay, Daios Cove Luxury Resort & Villas nestles on a hillside on the beautiful northern coast of Crete. From every angle, the views are sublime: the calm turquoise sea in a quiet cove, spectacular verdant slopes, lush terraced gardens, a yellow crescent of private beach and a wide expanse of azure sky.Then there’s the interior and exterior design. Daios Cove is minimalist, modern, chic and sumptuous with a carefully created designer style; and its elegant and sophisticated architecture has been crafted from the natural environment. Sculpted out of the hillside rock, every stone has been traditionally hand carved and reclaimed. As a result, Daios Cove blends beautifully into its picturesque rural surroundings.
Made by 3SK Architectural Bureau.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Secluded private cove & Private Sandy Beach
• 165 accommodations with individual and private seawater pools
• 85 Suites
• 40 Private Villas
• Daios Mansion
• Residents Club for Suites & Villas (All Inclusive F&B Concept)
• 6 F&B outlets
• Amazing sea views
Key sites/activities in the area
• 15km to Spinalonga Island
• 7km cosmopolitan town of Aghios Nikolaos
• 15km to typical Cretan Village of Kritsa
• 75km Knossos Minoan Palace
• Luxury Rib Boat sea excursions with a private skipper
• Land Rover Escape
• Yachting to private beaches or to famous Spinalonga island
• Scuba Diving Center (PADI)
• Private Helicopter Pad and helicopter tours
• Wellness Retreats and Yoga Sessions
• Culinary Journeys with Michelin-starred and award-winning chefs from around the globe
• Healing Masters to vitalize your senses with wellness experts from all around the world
• International Artists from the global music scene
• Wine Events with selected visiting wineries
Ask any parent. Enjoying a holiday is so much easier if the kids are having supervised fun in a safe, structured environment. That’s why childcare is such an important part of the Daios family holiday experience: mum and dad can escape for a little bit of ‘us’ time, secure in the knowledge that their children are being looked after by a dedicated team of childcare specialists. Babies and toddlers are supervised in the Crèche Club by UK childcare experts Worldwide Kids Co, with qualified nursery staff meeting UK standards and regulations. Meanwhile, older kids can check in for fun at the well-equipped Children’s Club where friendly, highly trained multi-lingual staff will make them feel at home and provide games and activities. Plus, our Pangea restaurant opens an hour before official dining time so that children can enjoy our Kids’ Early Supper under the supervision of Worldwide Kids Co staff. Daios is geared up for families, with a child-friendly beach and babysitting services — so safe and secure fun is child’s play.
Kids’ Club – From 4 years to 11 years old
Crèche – From 4 months to 4 years
Fully equipped Games Room with classic team games, pool billiard, table tennis as well as the latest in video gaming
165 Rooms Sea View or with Individual Pool- 42sqm
Elegantly designed rooms, with amazing views of the dazzling waters of the cove. These elegantly designed rooms, consist of one spacious bedroom with living room in open-plan style. Some are with individual sea water swimming pool.
86 Suites sea view with private pool (42sqm)
• Deluxe Junior Suite
An elegantly designed suite, with amazing views of the sapphire waters of the cove.
The spacious bedroom or living room in open-plan style invite the guest to relax and enjoy quality time outdoors on the private balcony. Boosting that sense of openness within the suite are the floor-to-ceiling windows as well as a lavish marble lined bathroom with a separate bathtub and shower cabin. King size bed with pure Terrace with rattan furniture, two sun loungers, two chairs and a round table.
• Deluxe Junior Suite with Individual Pool
A sophisticated suite, consisting of one generously-sized bedroom with living room in open-plan style, floor-to-ceiling windows, lavish marble-lined bathroom with a separate bathtub and shower cabin. The private balcony leads to an individual sea water swimming pool and Fatboy floating beanbag.
• One bedroom suite sea view (65sqm)
• One bedroom suite sea view with private pool- 65sqm
Spacious combined sitting area with floor-to-ceiling windows and bedroom in open-plan style or separate bedroom & living room, providing the absolute equilibrium between subtle luxury and homely familiarity. The suites are composed of a marble-lined bathroom with separate bathtub and shower cabin and a generous terrace, some with private sea water pool, overlooking Daios Cove.
• 39 Villas with One, Two, Three bedrooms
Wellness or Family villas with private pool (95sqm-130sqm)
Overlooking the cove, our villas are designed to inspire, featuring spacious bedrooms, airy living room with dining corner, bathrooms with separate bathtubs and shower cabin and floor-to-ceiling windows. Double storey, spacious and private sundeck area, as well as a sea water swimming pool.
The Mansion is the ultimate choice for our worldly travelers seeking a true home away from home with all the comforts and stellar service of a luxury resort on Crete. Simple in its design with clean lines, handpicked materials and works of art dotted around the interior, the Mansion evokes a sense of understated luxury. Embodying a true Mediterranean feel, air and light penetrate all spaces to the backdrop of vast openings with superb views to the deep blue Aegean Sea and the Cove. At the Mansion, you are in for a treat of the senses.
The 600sqm interior on three separate levels includes a spacious open-plan living area, a homely kitchen, three generously sized bedrooms with en suite bathrooms, staff quarters and a private heated indoor swimming pool, sauna and spa with views to the infinite Mediterranean. Step outside on to your 250sqm terrace and deck area with ample space for sunbathing, lounging and dining. The infinity swimming pool is your daily invitation to take in the panoramic views of the stunning Cretan landscape surrounding you as well as the magnificent cove itself.
Extra family services for Familly Villas
Children’s welcome gift, Tailor-made kids’ menu, Child-sized bathrobe and slippers, Baby bathroom amenities, Free use of the tennis court (morning hours), free rackets and balls, One free family snorkeling session or one free pedalos / waterbike session, Mother’s back & neck massage by Anne Semonin, Pool fencing and Staircase fence, Baby phones, Bottle warmer/sterilizer, Kettle, Baby bath/changer, High-chair, Stroller toilet seat or baby potty, Food set, Stool for wash basin.
Freedom. It’s a great feeling! Daios Cove invites you to discover the Residents’ Club, the all-inclusive gastronomic privilege service. The Club features a range of exclusive benefits during one’s stay at the Cove.
The Residents’ Club – created for our Suite and Villa guests – elevates your holiday experience.
Savour the luxury of complimentary meals in our outstanding food outlets. Indulge in free 24-hour room service in the comfort of your suite or villa. Relish your complimentary mini bar options. Enjoy signature cocktails and drinks by award-winning mixologists on the house. Pamper your children with unlimited ice-cream and healthy drinks at our bars.
On top of this, a dedicated concierge will ensure that your every wish is catered for throughout your stay.
With the Residents’ Club, you can enjoy a stay of idyllic luxury and ease, with more freedom to read that novel, work on your tan, take a dip in your private pool — or just spend quality time with your loved ones.
Soak up the Cove’s unique atmosphere and relax: you’re a member of the Club! Now all you have to do is enjoy the moment.
Restaurants & Bars
• Pangea Buffet Restaurant- International Cuisine
• Ocean Restaurant- a la carte méditerranéen cuisine
• Beach House restaurant & Bar
• Taverna Restaurant- a la carte Greek cuisine
• Crystal Box- Lounge Bar
Ocean Pool Bar- Bar & Snack Restaurant
• 2.500 m2,
• 8 private treatment rooms, wet spa area Finnish sauna, soft sauna, Mediterraneo (a combination of sauna and steambath), Nimfea reaction showers,
• Thai massage studio,
• Indoor pool enclosed by _floor-to-ceiling windows,
• Hydro massage and counter current heated pool,
• 2 Spa suites, exclusive for couples or group spa experience,
• Fitness studio with contemporary cardio-_tness facilities by Technogym,
• Yoga, pilates and personal training on request.
Corporate & Celebration Events
Daios Cove makes a spectacular place to hold private or corporate functions of any size, from, parties and gatherings to business meetings, conferences and conventions. Our Business Centre and conferencing facilities — including one ballroom, six meeting rooms, an exhibition space and an outdoor events area overlooking the sea — are state-of-the-art; and, to make sure things run smoothly, a professional meetings team is on hand with a dedicated and experienced Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions (MICE) co-ordinator. That Mediterranean backdrop, meanwhile, ensures that business is never dull — and events are unforgettable.
1 Main Ball Room (Daylight-470m2-450 pax theatre style, 1 Ball Room (Daylight-90m2-70 pax theatre style, 5 Breakout Rooms (28m2-63m2)
Daios Cove is the ultimate location for lovers searching for a tranquil and romantic escape. Couples looking for an enchanting retreat in which to say ‘I do’ will be completely smitten by our lavish yet idyllic away-from-it-all surroundings. Those craving a fairytale wedding can fulfill their every heart’s desire, civil or symbolic ceremony. The on-site wedding coordinator will propose tailor-made solutions and create a magical wedding day to cherish forever.
Extra Notable Features
• Water Sports
• Scuba Diving Center
• Yoga & Pilates lessons
• The Clumsies (voted 3rd in The World’s 50 Best Bars 2020) signature cocktails are created by top mixologists, complementing the menu thus rounding off a sophisticated, vibrant dining experience.
• Saatchi art
• Wellness Eating by Sarah Safarian
• Food by Ducasse Conseil
• Culinary School
• BXR RETREAT Daios Cove commences its collaboration with the world’s first high-end boxing gym set, BXR London. A fitness retreat with BXR’s authentic focus on athletic training, involving a combination of classes based on strength and conditioning, cardiovascular exercise, core training and nutrition.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Best Hideaway Spa in Greece 2020 HAUTE GRANDEUR GLOBAL EXCELLENCE AWARDS
• Best Hideaway Resort / Best Pool Villa on a Global level 2020 HAUTE GRANDEUR GLOBAL EXCELLENCE AWARDS
• Τrip Advisor Travellers Choice 2020, Trip Advisor
• Customer Excellence Award 2020, British Airways
• Greece’s Leading Villa Resort 2020, World Travel Awards
• British Airways Holiday Excellence 2019 & 2020
• Haute Grandeur Luxury SPA 2020
• Luxury Coastal Resort 2018 / 2019 / 2020, World Luxury Hotel Awards
• Best Destination Spa in Greece 2019, World Spa Awards and Haute Grandeur Global Spa Awards
• Best Luxury Spa in Greece 2019, World Spa Awards and Haute Grandeur Global Spa Awards
• Holiday Check 2015
• Tripadvisor Certification of Excellence 2015
• World Luxury Hotel Awards-2014 Best Beach Resort
• Tripadvisor Certification of Excellence 2014
• World Luxury Hotel Awards-2014 Best Beach Resort
• Tripadvisor Certification of Excellence 2013
Number of employees