Das Almdorf Austria
Das Almdorf – World Peace Eco Resort
Fellacheralm, 9564 Patergassen
Date of Creation
Luxury Alpin Chalet Village / 5 star Eco Resort
Das Almdorf is a beautiful, peaceful corner of the earth and it should stand for not only the hotel business, but also for an ecological spirit of innovation, the keeping of old traditions – such as the cultivation of old, long-forgotten varieties of plants and vegetables, for example – and a place of refuge to recharge the spirit and one’s energy.
History & Story
Not a trend, but a vision: Das Almdorf has proven this to its guests since opening in 1995. At an altitude of 1,400 metres above sea level in the Austrian state of Carinthia, Das Almdorf embodies a different kind of hotel experience. Anyone who has visited once comes back and always falls in love all over again with the exclusive alpine chalet atmosphere and the beautiful surroundings.
New village part « Kleeangerle » opened in Dec 2015. 27 new luxury chalets had been added to the existing village and provide a new dimension of luxury chalet holidays. Also an central manor house was built to connect the two village parts including the new restaurant Wirtshaus Seinerzeit and meeting facilities for up to 120 persons.
Date added extensions
27 new luxury chalets, Manor house, Meeting facilities
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Unique F&B experiences : Holzknechthütte”, the world’s smallest restaurant, Wine cellar dinner and the special chalet service / Alm Spa : holistic approach to Spa treatments with only natural products and special offers based on the lunar calendar /Chalets combine perfectly traditional architecture (only natural materials / mainly wood) with luxury amenities such as private hot pot and private saunas.
Das Almdorf” in Carinthia, Austria is situated on two sunny, slightly staggered plateaus in the Nocky Mountains; the “Fellacher” and “Kleeangerle” village areas are located on the Fellacheralm alp near Patergassen. Das Almdorf is integrated in the UNESCO Biosphere Park Nocky Mountains.
Key sites/activities in the area
- Three skiing areas are close by: Falkert 4 km / Turracher Höhe 15 km / Bad Kleinkirchheim 10 Km
- Carinthia’s lakes: the Feldsee, Afritzer See, Weissensee or Millstätter See lakes and an additional 1,267 lakes
- Activities from leisurely to extreme: canoeing, rafting on the Drava River or canyoning, climbing at the Pirknerklamm, Tscheppa and Ragga gorges, cave biking at Lake Klopein or bungee jumping in the Jauntal Valley
- Golfing in Carinthia: 11 golf courses create the Carinthia Golf Paradise – the Kaiserburg Golf Course is just 5 kilometres from Das Almdorf
There are not only humans staying and living in Das Almdorf – World Peace Eco Resort. There are approx. 10 cats, 2 donkeys, 4 rabbits and our two pigs Piggeldy and Frederic living a peaceful life.
There are many activities for children at Das Almdorf. Children can participate in the scavenger hunt, can play with the village animals, visit the water playground and even book a treatment from the Kids Spa Menu…
There are in total 51 Chalets in the Almdorf divided in the two village parts “Fellacher” & “Kleeangerle”. All chalets feature a Mini Bar, small kitchenette, TV, Tivoli Radio and free WIFI.
The Fellacher area consists of:
• seven Chalet Alpetta (75 m², two guests): Swiss pine bedroom with king size bed ; Bathroom with wooden bath tub, shower and toilet ; balcony,
• Infrared sauna ; Cosy living room with open fireplace
• one Honeymoon Cottage (75 m², Chalet Alpetta and connected tree house) : Swiss pine bedroom with king sized bed ; Treehouse with drawbridge ; Bathroom with wooden bath tub, shower and toilet ; Infrared sauna
• eight Chalet Seinerzeit (75 m², four guests): Two Swiss pine bedroom with king size bed ; Bathroom with wooden bath tub, shower and toilet ; Infrared sauna ; Cosy living room with open fireplace
• three Hunting Lodges (80 m², four guests): Swiss pine bedroom with king size bed; Swiss pine bedroom with two twin beds ; Outdoor Hot tub ; Typical alpine hunting lodge style and decor ; Balcony and terrace ; Cosy living room with open fireplace ; Bathroom with shower and toilet ; Bathroom with wooden bath tub ; Separate toilet
• one Hunting Chalet (90 m², two guests) : Swiss pine bedroom with king size bed ; Bathroom with rain shower and wooden bath tub ; Separate toilet ; Outdoor hot tub ; Swiss pine sauna with connected shower ; Cosy living room with open fireplace
• three Chalets (100 m², four guests): Two Swiss pine bedrooms with king size four-poster beds (one with open fireplace) ; Bathroom with wooden bath tub and shower, Outdoor hot tub ; Cosy living room with open fireplace ; Sunny terrace with valley views
• four Mountain Chalets (140 m², six guests) : Two Swiss pine bedrooms with king size beds ; One Swiss pine bedroom with twin beds and adjacent toilet ; Swiss pine sauna ; Spacious panorama terrace with valley views, wooden bath tub, Spacious panorama terrace with valley views, Outdoor Hot Tub
The Kleeangerle area consists of:
• four Granary Cottages (45 m², two guests) : Swiss pine bedroom with queen size bed ; Cosy living room with dining area ; Balcony
• seven Alpine Herdsman’s Cottages (75 m², two guests) : Swiss pine bedroom with king size bed and fireplace ; Freestanding wooden bath tub in the bedroom ; Cosy living room with open fireplace ; Balcony and garden
• three Alp Chalets (142 m², four guests) : Two Swiss pine bedroom with king size bed (one with fireplace) ; Wine Cellar, Swiss pine sauna with infrared light, Outdoor hot tub ; Two bathrooms with wooden bath tub, shower and toilet ; Sunny terrace, garden and balcony
• eight Alp Chalets Deluxe (180 m², six guests) like Alp Chalet connected with Granary – in total 3 bedrooms
• two Farmhouses (250 m², six guests) : One Swiss pine bedroom with king size bed, separate living room and en suite bathroom with toilet and shower ; Two Swiss pine bedrooms each featuring a walk-in closet and king size bed ; Two bathrooms with wooden bath tub, shower and toilet, Private spa area with sauna, wooden plunge pool, shower and tranquillity room
Restaurants & Bars
• Wirtshaus Seinerzeit: Here we serve up cuisine that skilfully combines Austrian tradition with the lightness of the Mediterranean Alpe-Adria region. Everything is honest and genuine, the ingredients come from our area and the season determines the menu. Enjoy products that are delivered personally by the farmer next door – that is authenticity you can taste.
• Wine Cellar : A meal in our wine cellar will be the pinnacle of your stay at Das Almdorf sustainable chalet resort. The best vintages lined up on long shelves behind you; a crackling fire in the fireplace in front of you; surrounded by the loved ones with whom you enjoy spending your time the most.
• Holzknechthütte : The « Holzknechthütte » is a culinary highlight, in the truest sense of the word. It exceeds all expectations – of comfort, of good views, of high-quality products, and of the cordiality of the head chef. Our chef prepares authentic, multi-course meals over an open fire in this small chalet. Fine wines complete the experience and the views from the panorama windows are simply majestic.
• Your personal innkeeper: One of the best things at Das Almdorf sustainable resort is delicious Austrian food – and you can even have it delivered to or freshly prepared in your luxury holiday cottage from morning till night. From crispy farmhouse bread to freshly brewed coffee and piping hot eggs – ready as soon as you get out of bed – to tender roast pork, classic alpine dishes or our barbecue specials – let our innkeeper spoil you with true Carinthian hospitality and sustainable, local products.
• Alm Spa with signature treatments
• Panorama Sauna with Finnish Sauna & Herb Sauna / outside area with hot tub
• Fitness centre with panorama view
• Natural swimming pond
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Various event options / indoor from 6 to 120 persons / outdoor events also possible
• Feststadl: Indoor event location for 120 pax
• Nobelstube: 40 pax
• Gasthaus Fellacher: private Restaurant for up to 40 pax
• Outdoor activities in Cooperation with UNESCO Biosphere Park Nockberge
Extra Notable Features
• Farm animals
• Cooking Classes
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Connoisseur Circle Award / 3rd place Best Nature Hotel
• Booking.com Excellence Rating 9,4
• British Airways Tourism of Tomorrow Recommendation
Number of employees