Domaine de Manville France
Domaine de Manville
13 520 Les Baux de Provence
Date of Creation
June 1st, 2014
Hotel General Manager
5-star Hotel with luxury villas, member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World.
DOMAINE DE MANVILLE
History & Story
Domaine de Manville was once devoted to agriculture, with sheep hearding and traditional outbuildings defining its existence. And today still, Manville’s heart beats to the drum of daily country life, attentive to the ripening tomatoes, the grape harvest and the olive gathering, working with and harvesting through the seasons!
The architectural conversion of this estate accomplished by Mireille Pellen, heritage architect, in collaboration with landscapists from PEP’s (for outdoor settings) and Annie Zeau (for interior decorating) permitted the restoration and extension of the group of buildings allowing luxury hotel accommodations in a remarkable site overflowing with history.
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Domaine de Manville is a five stars hotel who strives daily to achieve responsible luxury which gravitates towards permaculture, a concept aimed at creating ecosystems around nature and mankind.
In the “Golden triangle” in Provence.
Arles, the Roman city with the arena and the antic theater and La Camargue, Avignon the city of the Popes Palace and the famous “Côtes du rhône” vineyards Vchâteauneuf-du-Pape, Gigondas… All the picturesque villages : Saint-Remy de Provence, Maussane, les Baux de Provence, Eygalières, in Les Alpilles … And in the Luberon with Gordes, Roussillon.The most beautiful calanques (coves) between Marseille and Cassis…!
Key sites/activities in the area
• A guided hike to the Castle of Les Baux de Provence – a picturesque medieval village and UNESCO world heritage site, high on a rocky spur with fantastic views of Domaine de Manville below and beyond..
• The Carrières de Lumières, exposition and light show,
• Olive oil tasting in different olive mills and wine Tasting (rosé from Provence !),
• All the beautiful markets of Provence (Arles, Saint-Rémy de Provence).
Borrow bicycles to cycle through the olive trees and vineyards that shape the 100 hectare estate.
A guided hike to the health trail with fantastic views of Domaine de Manville and les Alpilles. Stretching class with our coach during the hike.
Yoga & Pilates cession by the pool/ cooking classes with our chef in a luxury villa / Cooking classes.
Discover the agroecology farm of the Domaine and meet the market gardenerer who takes care of our fruits and vegetables’s production.
The Domaine produce his own honey just beside the farm with the beekeeping area
Your kids are welcome all the year! (Booking 48h in advance). Opening hours everyday during high season (july, august) from 10h00 to 12h30 and from 14h00 to 18h00. Free of charge except if we go on an excursion.
The most part of our activies are around the nature and the environnement, let’s your kids discover our farm and learn how we produce honey in Provence !
Ages: from 4 to 12 years old. For children less than 4 years old, our baby-sitting service is available but we do need 24hrs notice to book the babysitter and depending on their availability : 15 € / hour.
• 2 Classic rooms
These rooms are 30 m² with a beautiful en suite bathroom. They are bright and tender, in shades of blue. Most have a lovely balcony with views over the swimming pool and inner courtyard.
• 8 Deluxe rooms
Spacious bright and luminous with a lovely ensuite bathroom, located upstairs, most have balcony and magnificent views over the centuries-old plane trees in the estate’s main courtyard.
• 3 Junior Suites
Facing the inner courtyard as well as overlooking the hills, the junior suites are 55m² and are spacious with high ceilings and a cozy living room area.
• 7 Junior Suite with terrace
Most of the junior suites are on the ground floor along with its cozy living room. They also have a terrace overlooking the gardens, perfect for your breakfast in the Provence fresh air.
Some of our Junior suites are also on the 1st floor with an extended terrace overlooking the inner courtyard.
• 6 Family Suite Duplex
Very spacious, with views over the swimming pool, each has 2 bedrooms one of which is on the mezzanine looking down onto the first bedroom. Most bedrooms have their own bathroom with others benefiting from their own living room area.
From 90m2 with ensuite bathrooms, these suites are divided on two levels with two separate bedrooms made up of a king size bed or twin beds. These rooms are perfectly situated overlooking the inner courtyard and ideal for young Families looking for a weekend away together.
• 3 Manville Suites
Two of the suites are very private and tucked away overlooking the inner courtyard. They come with separate living rooms opening onto a cozy balcony. Contemporary design with amazing French touches including a brass bath on legs in the centre of your bathroom.
• 1 Prestige Suite
Designed vast space, with a great living room and opens up onto a large terrace ideal for a spot of sunbathing. The terrace overlooks the graceful plane trees and the main inner courtyard. Contemporary in design with a fantastic well-appointed bathroom this suite is truly home from home.
• 5 Deluxe Villas with 3 bedrooms : With 3 rooms, the Deluxe guest houses are the perfect answer for a getaway while enjoying the installations and the service provided by the staff of Domaine de Manville. This is the place for encounters. The encounter with natural living patrimony, meeting others, discovering oneself, in the silence of the Alpilles, at the hour when the sun takes a bow.
• 3 Prestige Villas : Olive trees, cypress trees, green oak trees, the golf course, pure white cliffs…All is there to savor the moment. The Prestige guest houses offer an attractive interior, spacious, decorated with attention and care. The view of the mountain chain of the Alpilles and the golf course inspires greatness and humility.
• 1 Deluxe Villa with 4 bedrooms : Even more space for a stay as a family or among adults.The Deluxe guest house with four rooms offers a living space in an exceptional environment combined with all of the services that Domaine de Manville proposes. On the ground floor this villa has a bedroom with full bath for people who have reduced mobility.
Restaurants & Bars
• The Gourmet Restaurant L’Aupiho (1* Michelin)
Our Chef Lieven van Aken serves the Alpilles and Provence, expressing their seasonal treasures in his cuisine. The orchards and the vegetable gardens, locally-raised lamb, traditional artichokes a la barigoule, slowly roasted tomatoes, apricots paired with rosemary honey, sun-gorged strawberries from Carpentras.
Creative and spontaneous, our Chef draws inspiration from his immediate surroundings, from the terroir around him, from the beautiful market in Cavaillon, from his outings in the hills and mountains from the Alpilles to Mont Ventoux, where he finds mint, citronnella, flowering thyme and wild strawberries… and works with devoted local suppliers, to the delight of diners at the Domaine de Manville.
The organic vegetables of the Manville farm thus come to compose the signature dishes of the organic menu of l’Aupiho. Lieven and his team harmonize with nature and local farmers who share the same life values.
• The Bistrot
Breakfast, lunch, goûter, a cup of coffee… on the spacious terrace under the pine trees or in the cozy dining room, the very ambiance of a true bistro. In the centrally-located kitchen, the chef prepares before your eyes succulent Provencal classics, great dishes to share among friends, “golf” specials and daily specials inspired by the morning’s marketing …
Our pastry chef gives a new twist to childhood favourites, from baba au rhum to the Paris-Brest, millefeuille and Opéra, to enjoy on site or take-away.
• The Bar
With this central bar under a beautiful sheltered glass atrium, The Bar is the perfect place to enjoy a strawberry mojitos, a vodka-ginger-basil cocktail, a glass of wine and an Ibérico ham plat!
A jazzy atmosphere on Saturday or a Gipsy one on Friday (according the season), the bar is also a lovely place in winter season to enjoy some gourmet dishes in front of the fireplace in a Club chairs.
Like a winter garden in the country bathed in sunlight, an immense spa devoted to pleasure and well-being in a peaceful, intimate atmosphere.
Your own little paradise on earth, with, hammam, sauna, Jacuzzi, Scottish shower, the sensorial pool.
5 treatment rooms for skin care and enchanting massages with the exclusive cosmetic range: Domaine de Manville. Inspired by the benefits of the Provence, our body products range is the result of research in a renowned laboratory using the flavors of verbena tea, jasmine and extracts from maritime pines.
• 18 holes golf course
Technical as well as playful, the 18-hole golf course « of green squares » at Manville is of a new style, that which respects landscape, geology, history, vegetable and animal species. To play at Manvile, is to feel the daily efforts of a team of men and women to preserve what and who was there before, such as water resources. This ecological and human performance makes this course of 5500 meters an incomparable golf course.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Invite your staff, your family, your friends, for prestigious evening events. Make your cocktail parties, banquets, seminars, incentive opportunities and other event into outstanding, exceptional occasions in the Baux de Provence.
Weddings! Before or after the heat of the summer. Reserve Domaine de Manville for you and you alone, for three unforgettable days of wedding joy and splendour.
• For you meeting or incentive, executive board, formal or informal meeting, the Domaine de Manville is done for you! In a 90 sq. meter meeting room or a 60 sq. meter meeting rooms, with large glass window with a panoramic view on the domain and fully equipped with scream, beamer, conference call equipment, wireless microphone, wifi…
Extra Notable Features
• Private cinema room (10 seats)
• Golf 18-hole
• Yoga Class
• Cooking class
• Agroecology farm and Beekeeping
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
From 2018 to today : 1 star Michelin for L’Aupiho
SLH awards 2020 : Sustainable Innovator of the year
2015 Winner – Certificate of Excellence by Tripadvisor
Number of employees
140 in high season.