Domaine de Verchant Hotel & SPA France
Domaine de Verchant Hotel & SPA
1 Boulevard Philippe Lamour 34170 Montpellier / Castelnau-le-Lez
Date of Creation
2006 / 2007
Hotel General Manager
The Hotel General Manager, Xavier Debaisieux run the most luxurious hotel of Montpellier, after a strong international experience in hotel management (France, Portugal, Bora Bora, St Martin, French Alps).
Luxurious Hotel & SPA, 5-stars, adhering to the luxury brand Relais & Châteaux
DOMAINE DE VERCHANT HOTEL & SPA
History & Story
On 1 February 1582, the Bishop of Montpellier gave Pierre Verchant an estate, which acquired his name and remained in the family for the next two centuries.
On 23 September, 1878, Jules Leenhardt acquired the estate and manor house inspired by the « Montpellier Follies », which had been built in the heart of the unique grounds. He paid particular attention to these grounds, even calling on eminent Swiss landscape architects of the time: the Bühler brothers.
From 2002 to 2006 : global renovation Domaine
2006 / 2007 :opening with 9 rooms and space event.
2008: opening 800 sq spa
Date added extensions
2012 : Added rooms
2015 : Added SPA (800 sq ft to 2000 sq ft) + Meeting rooms + Brasserie “La plage dans les vignes”
Main Strengths, Special Touch
« The venue has all the qualities of « otherworldliness », a place that disconnects you from the world without making you a foreigner. The Domaine de Verchant is a land unto itself, a place that exists outside time and space, a cosy cocoon like a family home » Chantal and Pierre Mestre. Over five years, the new owners renovated this unique place with a passion to transform it into a luxurious hotel complete with a sublime spa, in the heart of a restored vineyard estate.
Montpellier, France’s 8th largest city, is a favourite destination for tourism, attracting visitors with its lifestyle, cultural activities, architecture and youthful population. An emblematic city of the south, with multiple facets, rich in historic and contemporary treasures, Montpellier represents an exceptional destination, full of character, at the heart of the Mediterranean arc. The city’s medieval origins are visible from the charming narrow streets in the centre, the faculty of medicine, the royal gardens of Le Peyrou and other marvels which attract the curious from all over the world. But it is also a resolutely modern metropolis, open to science, contemporary culture and leisure activities.
Key sites/activities in the area
Why not set out to explore the iconic Place de la Comédie, Montpellier’s old town, the protected marshes of the Camargue, the ramparts of Aigues-Mortes, the medieval walled city of Carcassonne, Nîmes’s Roman amphitheatre, the Pont du Gard, Cevennes National Park, the fishing port of Sète or discover the charms of Saint-Guilhem-le-Désert and Pic Saint-Loup.
To help you can relax and unwind, the Estate has a spa with heated indoor pool, Turkish baths, saunas and eight treatment rooms, two outdoor pools and a tennis court.
Our 13-hectare vineyard lets you explore and discover our grape varieties. Bicycles are available for your use.
In our shop/tasting cellar you can find out about and taste our range of wines, and buy them as well. The beach… among the vines, an ideal place to rest and relax in a deckchair looking out onto the vineyard with a refreshing cocktail in your hand.
Childrens are accepted and welcomed in our outdoor special area provide games.
• Number of Deluxe rooms: 7
• Number of Deluxe Terrace rooms: 7
• Number of Junior Suites: 2
• Number of Junior Suites Premium: 7
• Number of Junior Apartments: 2
• Number of Family Apartment: 1
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 26 rooms
Restaurants & Bars
• Gourmet Restaurant « Verchant »: The restaurant « Verchant » of the Domaine de Verchant is open throughout the week whether it’s for a business lunch or dinner with friends or family. With stunning views of the outdoor pool and grounds, come and discover the skills and creativity of our chef Damien Cousseau. Choose from the seasonal menus created by our chef where the emphasis is on regional produce and enhanced by a warm, intimate atmosphere. The Verchant restaurant is closed every Tuesday and every Wednesday except for August opened on Monday, Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday all day long, on Thursday and Friday opened in the evening and on Wednesday closed all day long. Open for breakfast, lunch and diner.
• “La Plage dans les vignes” area with bar and brasserie “La Plage restaurant”: An absolute must for this charming oasis among the vines: an invitation to escape, relax and unwind… The restaurant among the vines, seating 70, where you can sample cuisine with a southern French flair, at once refined and delicious. The relaxed yet sophisticated atmosphere will relax and delight you.
The « La Plage » bar, a concept combining: champagne, innovative cocktails, DJ, bands, tapas… a whole programme over the summer season. The whole beach team will be at your service to leave nothing to be desired, and to help you have a truly relaxing experience.
• SPA : our resort has a garden-level indoor pool equipped with a countercurrent swim system, experience showers, Jacuzzi, Turkish bath, 3 saunas and a relaxation room where relaxation and serenity are the order of the day. In luxurious surroundings dominated by minerals and relaxing fragrances, our eight treatment rooms, including three VIP duo suites with indoor gardens, private Jacuzzis and Turkish baths, offer your senses a journey where time stands still.
• Fitness center : 400 sq meters gym with the latest generation Technogym equipment and the expertise of a personal trainer to guide you.
• Shop : Just next to the spa’s reception you will find the shop. Verchant Le Spa has established affiliations with renowned brands such as Valmont, Anne Semonin and Thémaé to create a unique space dedicated to treatments for the face, body and mind.
• Massages & Traitments : We have developed a comprehensive menu of Anne Semonin treatments exclusively for the Domaine de Verchant Spa based on the benefits of essential oils and trace elements.
Corporate & Celebration Events
The 280m² prestige function room on the ground floor where everything has been designed for the comfort of guests: architecture combining modernity and authenticity, opening onto the gardens or the vineyards, as well as the 200 m² covered terrace seating up to 400 people for dinner.
Nearby, our 180m² Grand Chai cellar room is customisable into three 60m² breakout rooms or workshop rooms for groups of 30 to 150 people with a number of possible configurations.
The Domaine de Verchant in Montpellier also has two lounges on offer inside the hotel for groups of up to 30 people, for meetings or executive seminars, with the option of privatising them for business meals, but also for private lunches and dinners. Our function rooms and lounges are equipped with flip charts, video projectors, screens, Wi-Fi, modern furniture, lighting, sound systems, etc.
Extra Notable Features
• Private beaches
• The Pont du Gard and Les Baux de Provence
• The Vineyards
• The Camargue
• The Port of Sète and the Bassin de Thau
Hotel and restaurant Awards
Hotel Awards :
• 2014 : Virtuoso affiliation for Domaine de Verchant
• 2012 : Relais & Châteaux affiliation for Domaine de Verchant
• 2010 : 5 Star agreement for Domaine de Verchant
Restaurant Awards :
2016 : Plate MICHELIN: A quality cooking
Fork MICHELIN: Good status. Their most beautiful addresses.
Number of employees