Domaine des Etangs France
Domaine des Etangs
Le bourg – 16310 Massignac
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
5-star Luxury ; SLH
To become the Rurality Palace.
Domaine des Etangs
History & Story
Set in the heart of Charente, Domaine des Etangs offers a unique experience. Largest 5-star resort in France, it expands over 1000 hectares (2500 acres) of protected natural surroundings, a mixture of forests, gardens and ponds. Where one can enjoy one of the seven suites in the 11th century Château, in the Longère Farmhouse which contains the four seasons suites, or in one of the six farmhouse Cottages across the Domaine.
A place in which a balanced Nature helps you refocus. Take the time to stroll through the spiral-shaped vegetable garden, to admire the vegetables which will adorn your plate in Dyades, our Michelin-star restaurant. Indulge in the soothing treatments provided by the reconnection and wellness centre and rekindle your childhood spirit as you contemplate the works of art on display in La Laiterie.
Date added extensions
2015: Château and Longères lounges & suites by Isabelle Stanislas
2016: Moulin des Etangs (well-being centre)
2018: La Laiterie (Art Centre) by Raphael Navot
2018: Reception and boutique by Stephane Parmentier
Main Strengths, Special Touch
In 2017, Domaine des Etangs launched its dedicated space to Art Exhibition and seen inaugurated
“Poussières d’étoiles”, its first Art exhibition. “Poussières d’étoiles” explores the invisible and vital links between Man, Nature and the Cosmos. A journey through the stars that goes from the Earth to the sky.
Domaine des Etangs is surrounded by beautiful cities such as Angoulême (50km), Limoges (60km) and Bordeaux (165km).
Key sites/activities in the area
The Rochechouart Museum of Contemporary art and the Golf de la Prèze distant from only 20km are highly recommended places to visit.
Angoulême is one of the most important cities in Charente and best known for its cathedral and for the international Comic Festival held every year in February.
The town of Cognac is also best known for the drink of the same name, and enthusiasts will find plenty of opportunities to learn about the history and production of Cognac.
Every aspect of Domaine des Etangs reflects its bond with Nature. While walking around the Domaine, our guest will be able to discover wheat-coloured Limousine cows. There are close to 800 head of cattle and remain the main ambassador of the place.
Our youngest guests will enjoy a playground of 2,000-square meters constituted of wooden playhouses and trampolines, a zip line and slides especially designed for them…
Some creative & educational workshops are also offered for children (drawing, cooking and baking, angling, horse riding…).
• Number of suites: 14
• Number of Luxury rooms: 3
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 29
Restaurants & Bars
• Dyades: One Michelin Guide Star restaurant by the Chef Loïc Lecoin. Taking a seat at one of the tables at Dyades marks the beginning of a journey on which you embark without ever leaving; a journey in which new experiences will come to you. The restaurant is inspired by the “dyad”, the marriage of two complementary ideas and principles, between tradition and sophistication. The Chef and its brigade workswith local growers to reduce the journey from earth to table. Here, the crayfish come from the Moulde river, which winds through the 1,000 hectares of woodland and ponds at the Domaine; the fruit comes from our trees; the vegetables from our kitchen garden. Everything is in tune with the seasons and what the earth is willing to offer.
• Monade: Situated within the Château, Monade is a private dining room, offering personalized menus on request, and a culinary experience which reflects the very best of French cuisine. A truly unique experience, during which a group of guests are treated with exceptional dishes.
• The enchanting places: The unique culinary experience of Dyades can also be found beyond the walls of the restaurant; a table set in the middle of the vegetable garden,picnic baskets to be taken on a pond or explored on its banks, a barbecue in the heart of the forest,rib-eye steaks cooked in the chimney stoves of the farmhouses…
• Le Moulin des Etangs, the well-being Center offers 5 treatments rooms in harmony with the seasons and the elements. Our treatments and protocols are directly inspired by the surrounding Nature.
• Thermal baths located in the basement of the Château provide a complete thermal experience, which includes time in the indoor pool, steam rooms and the frigidarium.
• Oudoor pool: heated pool (open from May to September)
• Fitness Center in a unique setting, bathed in natural light and surrounded by luxurious plants.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Monade: Private dining room in the Château can accommodate up to 22 guests.
• Octave:200 sq.m room well-lit by natural light, can accommodate up to 100 guests for a seated dinner and 150 guests for a cocktail.
• Orion: 400 sq.m. with 200 sq.m terrace with a stunning view on one of the ponds of the Domaine. To accommodate up to 210 guests for a seated dinner and 400 guests for a cocktail.
Extra Notable Features
• Art at La Laiterie, the exhibition space dedicated to the encounters between Art and Nature with one exhibition each year and artists’ residences. It is today the rustic showcase of an immense knowledge and Art of Life. It shelters great beauties.
• Experiences: Domaine des Etangs and its team offer a full range of unforgettable experiences: Yoga and meditation classes, A one of a kind tennis court floating on a pond, Discovery of the surprising fauna and flora with one of our forest rangers, Guided tour of the farm and meet with its limousine cows, Discovery of the 2 000 sq.m vegetable garden with our gardener, Initiation to Stargazing, Bike riding and Hiking, Angling on the ponds, Ornithological discovery, Horse riding, Initiation to falconry, Cooking and baking workshops, Oenology lessons…
Hotel and restaurant Awards
– Michelin Guide 2017: 1 Star for Dyades gourmet restaurant
– Hospitality Awards 2016: Best innovation for Moulin des Etangs (well-being Center)
– Michelin Guide 2016: 1 Star for Dyades gourmet restaurant
– Tatler Awards 2016: Best Family Escape
– Hospitality Awards 2015: Best innovative in F&B “In-Domaine”
Number of employees