Euphoria Retreat Greece
Mystras 23100, Sparta
Privately Owned : Marina Efraimoglou
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Christos Lourantos – General management professional with Bachelor degree in Hotel Management & Administration from Cesar Ritz Colleges in Switzerland and Master’s degree from Cornell University NY in Hotel Management focus on MARKETING & NEW MEDIA. Speaks fluent English, German and Italian. Long experience in European high class City & Resort hotels such as “BAUR AU LAC” in Zurich, “SHERATON HOTEL” in Frankfurt, “SANTA MARINA Resort & Villas” in Mykonos, Greece member of the Luxury Collection. Hotel pre-opening experience in Middle East.
5* holistic well-being destination spa in Greece.
History & Story
Euphoria Retreat is the perfect place to relax, redefine the relationship between your mind and body and reinvent yourself. Our holistic approach works as a process of transformation on all levels, restoring physical, emotional, mental and spiritual balance. The ultimate goal of this transformational process is what we can offer you – a state of euphoria, embracing the Ancient Greek concept of a blissful life. Through this experience you will enjoy physical, mental and emotional catharsis. In terms of Substance, your body is cleansed from environmental toxins and pollutants. Through our personalised treatments, transformation consultation, programme of physical exercise, diet guidelines and mental coaching you will be able to experience a unique cleansing process. Our Signature Retreats will help you alleviate any physical and emotional congestion, with skilled mentors, therapists and professionals offering their encouragement and positive energy to create the perfect environment to guide you on your personal journey of healing. The supportive environment is complemented by the relaxing effect of our beautifully designed facilities and the luxurious serenity of the surrounding countryside.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
This combination of architecture, design and philosophy – blending ancient healing therapies with modern comforts and innovative practices – becomes a single, unified experience. For instance, the Spa’s central Waterwell offers the therapeutic benefits of Kneipp Therapy. In doing so, guests feel the energy of the Water element in which they stand and Fire. In climbing the stairwell, they develop their Wood element followed by Metal in contemplating what to let go as they descend. They return to the ground floor and the homely feel of Earth. In just one design element, therefore, they have ‘worked’ all five elements as part of their transformational journey. The same design philosophy was used throughout Euphoria Retreat.
Located in in the fortified town of Mystras, fought over by Franks, Venetians, Byzantines and Ottomans, and now a UNESCO World Heritage site whose Byzantine splendour of impressive churches, palaces, fortresses and cobbled paths continues to transmit its mystical energy as strongly as ever.
Key sites/activities in the area
Some 150km northeast is the ancient Theatre of Epidaurus – not just one of the most important and impressive theatres of ancient Greece, but a holistic healing centre in itself.
No less magical is an excursion to the uniquely preserved medieval town of Monemvasia, whose mosaic of stone alleyways and Byzantine castle walls, and tales of knights, pirates, crusaders and emperors, will make you feel as if you have stepped right into a fairy tale.
Day trips are also worthwhile to the beautiful seaside town of Gythion, whose sandy beach, Mavrovouni, is one of the nesting sites of the endangered caretta-caretta sea turtle, and Areopoli, an impressively preserved historical town with its tower houses and stone paths.
Lastly, there is Kalamata, whose airport offers easy access to Euphoria Retreat. With a view of the other side of Mt Taygetus, Kalamata is a busy seaside city with a charm of its own. Lively shops and a seaside promenade offer the perfect excuse for a leisurely stroll or perhaps coffee or cocktail as the sun dips into the Gulf of Messinia.
It took Marina Efraimoglou over a decade to find a suitable location for Euphoria Retreat, and only a second to make her decision, when she was found in Mystras, which is a UNESCO-protected town in the mythical Peloponnese, that encapsulates the ancient Spartans’ spirit and the mysticism of Byzantium.
Euphoria welcome guests ageing 14 yrs. and older.
Number of suites:
• 7 Euphoria Junior Suite – Room area: 53 m2
• 4 Euphoria Executive Junior Suite – Room area: 55-63 m2
• 2 Mystras Suite – Room area: 55-67 m2
• 1 Byzantium Grand Suite – Room area: 100 m2
Number of Luxury rooms:
• 4 Classic Room – Room area: 25-32 m2
• 17 Superior Deluxe – Room area: 35-49 m2
• 10 Executive Deluxe Room area: 42-49 m2
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 45
Amenities for all categories:
Safety Deposit Box, Smart Full HD flat TV, Complimentary Wi-Fi Internet connection, Freestanding hairdryer (2000 WATT), Air Condition / In Floor Heating, Safe Box, Mini Bar, Tea making facilities, Twice-daily housekeeping service, Pillow menu, Handmade mattresses containing fabrics processed with naturally therapeutic olive oil and 3,000 springs that embrace and follow the contours of your body, Bathrobe and slippers, Euphoria signature bathroom amenities (ancient Greek recipes of herbal therapy and aromatherapy), Yoga Mat, Laundry service, Iron and ironing board, Complimentary indoor and/or outdoor parking is offered to all our guests.
Restaurants & Bars
• Gaia Restaurant – GAIA restaurant embodies all the authenticity and purity of Euphoria Retreat and the energy of the nurturing soil of the Peloponnese. It provides a special setting that allows delicious food to be enjoyed in a spirit of pure enjoyment. Tables are arranged to encourage guests to share their day’s experience and feel part of a community, although privacy is also possible. With panoramic views of the valley and the citrus groves and the opportunity of enjoying your meal under the mulberry trees on the terrace or under the grapevine of the inner court, your appetite will never be healthier.
• Bars, lounges: 1
Euphoria treatments area is made up of the following: 8 treatment rooms; 2 wellness consultation rooms; 1 medical consultation room with massage bed; 1 nutritionist bio-feedback consultation room; 2 hydro-therapy treatment rooms provided with state-of-the-art hydro-machines; 2 consultation treatment rooms for our visiting practitioners; The Byzantine Hammam; Salt Room; Infrared Sauna for women; Infrared Sauna for men; Warm Water Watsu Pool. Extra/On guests’ charge: The Byzantine Hammam, Salt Room, Infrared Sauna, Warm Water Watsu Pool
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Private Dining Hall in the historic mansion named Leoncini – Space for small meetings which could accommodate 14 guests.
Extra Notable Features
All guests have complimentary use of: Outdoor-Indoor swimming pool with hydrotherapy jets, Relaxation Area, Kneipp Therapy (Water well), Finish Sauna, Experience Showers, Steam bath, Cold Plunge, Cold Ice Mist, Tepidarium, Use of Gym, Daily Wellness Group Activities including Meditation, Yoga, Fitness, Mat Pilates, Walking/Trekking, Lectures, Qi Gong, and TRX.
Hotel and restaurant Awards:
• Conde Nast Traveler Spa Guide Awards 2020 – Best Fitness Programme
• World Spa & Wellness Awards 2020 – To be announced on March 2020: Euphoria Retreat is between the finalists
More Awards to be considered for 2020.
• Iconic Hotel of the Year – Greek Hotel of the Year Awards 2019,
• World Luxury Spa Awards 2019, Destination Spa
• Conde Nast Traveler 2019 Readers’ Choice Awards
• National Geographic Big Sleep Awards 2019 – Wellness Wonder category
• Mr. & Mrs. Smith – Most Spoiling Spa category
• Dezeen Interior Design Awards 2019 – Leisure & Wellness Interior category
• AHEAD Europe 2019 – Spa & Wellness category
• Architizer A+A 2019 – Hospitality, Healthcare & Wellness category
Number of employees
73 permanent staff members.