Fonteverde Tuscany, Italy
Località Terme 1, 53040, San Casciano dei Bagni, Siena, Tuscany
Italian Hospitality Collection
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Antonello Del Regno, General Manager, with an extensive experience in hotel & spa industry and deep knowledge of revenue and optimization.
5-star Tuscan Resort & Hot Spring Spa, member of The Leading Hotels of the World and Leading Spas.
Inspired by our culture of generosity, and crafted by an unrivalled sense of uniqueness, Fonteverde embodies the true spirit of comfort and elegance.
The property has been designed with care and devotion, delivering an experience of individuality that captures the splendour of the local environment. We have created a retreat for our guests that exude personality and that aim at capturing even the most discerning traveller’s imagination.
History & Story
The aura of Fonteverde is waiting for you at the magnificent Medici palace in San Casciano dei Bagni, a precious medieval village nestled in the rolling hills of Siena. Commissioned in 1607 by the Grand Duke Ferdinand I, this beautiful residence is a fitting tribute to the Italian Renaissance.
The contours, materials and furnishings reflect the utmost attention to detail. Everything seems to recall the splendour of the past, while offering the most innovative and modern comforts. From the breezy terraces you can enjoy a beautiful landscape, dotted with farmhouses, monasteries and villages. History and tradition are everywhere, and even the palate finds satisfactions with traditional flavours and recipes handed down from generation to generation, and reinterpreted with a modern flair.
Walk along century-old cobblestones, look out onto the beauty of Val d’Orcia, enjoy the hot springs for a journey of rejuvenation. At the Fonteverde Spa Resort in Tuscany, Italy, every simple gesture takes on a magical significance.
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Perfect location for an authentic Tuscan Experience
• Esclusive wine & food experiences
• Breathtaking views on the siena rolling hills
• 17th-century palace
• Healing thermal waters
• Revolutionary diet programs
Key sites/activities in the area
• The resort is set in the heart of Val d’Orcia, a World Heritage Site by UNESCO and one of the most stunning locations in Tuscany. Fonteverde’s unique location makes it the ideal starting point for discovering the artistic and cultural beauties of cities like Siena, Pienza and Florence, and embarking on a rich food and wine journey.
One of the most popular destinations is San Casciano dei Bagni. Known since ancient times for its hot springs, San Casciano fascinates tourists for its untouched environment, woods and stunning landscape, as well as the historical centre that reflects its medieval structure.
• Montepulciano, known as the Pearl of the Renaissance, is a also a significant destination with its Piazza Grande that is surrounded by authentic masterpieces of Renaissance architecture.
• Pienza is a beautiful city that was renovated in the second half of the 15th century, thanks to Pope Pio II, by Bernardo da Settignano, one of the most famous architects of that time. Today, it still demonstrates the urban planning and aesthetics of the ideal Renaissance city.
The resort welcomes pets and boasts a thermal pool for four-legged furry guests.
During the Renaissance period, the Medici family and their privilege guests used to come here to enjoy the healing properties of the hot spring waters.
• The resort welcomes families.
• Kids have wide open spaces and gardens to walk around and play ; the spa also offers a dedicated thermal pool for children. The resort offers a baby sitting service on request and upon extra charge.
• No proper chidren’s club is available.
• Number of rooms in all: 78
• Grand Suites – Our spacious and luxurious grand suites contain several unique and sophisticated aspects, including a large living room, which is separate from the bedroom for added privacy. The stylish furnishings come in warm ivory and off white with matching linen, with bathroom made of splendid travertine marble. The charm of the interiors continues outdoors with wonderful views of the enchanting Val d’Orcia landscape from the terrace The comfortable sofa bed available can be used to turn the suite into a triple room. Rates include access to the natural spa facilities.
• Suite Val D’Orcia – It has an exclusive living space with a wonderful view. From the spacious terrace, guests can admire the stunning Val d’Orcia landscape in all its glory. Furnished with sophistication and style, and allowing ample lighting from all angles, the suite features a luxurious bedroom separated off from the living area, along with a large travertine marble bathroom with a separate shower and bathtub. The comfortable sofa bed can be used to make the suite into a triple room. Rates include access to the natural spa facilities.
• Junior Suite – It is a spacious and luxurious room that features a relaxing sitting area for added comfort. The en-suite bathroom is in travertine marble and comes with a shower and/or bathtub. You can also use the comfortable sofa bed and turn the suite into a triple room. Rates include access to the natural spa facilities.
• Deluxe Room – It is spacious, cosy and stylish, and features an en-suite travertine marble bathroom with a shower and/or bathtub. A third bed can be added on request. Rates include access to the natural spa facilities.
• Privilege valley view – It is spacious with sophisticated and harmonious furniture, and offers guests brilliant views of the Val d’Orcia hills and Mt. Amiata. It features a double bed and a travertine marble bathroom with a bathtub or a shower. Rates include access to the natural spa facilities.
• Privilege – The perfect combination of luxury and style for absolute comfort, the room is equipped with an en-suite travertine marble bathroom with a shower or bathtub. Small pets are allowed in some rooms that have hearthenware floors and terraces. Rates include access to the natural spa facilities.
Restaurants & Bars
Experience healthy delicious cuisine, properly balanced for nutrition and created by our master Chef Salvatore Quarto and his qualified staff. Surrounded by charming and elegant atmosphere, you can enjoy a wide variety of healthy dishes that use ingredients exploding with flavour
At the resort we recommend a half board accommodation, even if bed & breakfast or full board are also possible, as well as a personalized dietary menu.
• The thermal waters of the Fonteverde springs, renowned for their popularity since the ancient times of the Etruscans and the Romans, are rich in sulphur, calcium, bicarbonate, fluoride and magnesium.
• Flowing from the ground at a natural temperature of 42°C, the waters are free of all chemicals and have never been physically treated to alter their natural constitution. A well-established distribution system delivers the water to the different areas of the spa, such as the thermal pools, the mud baths, the inhalation therapy areas, the therapeutic baths, and the sources for mineral water therapies.
• Inspired by our natural surroundings, our newest offering harnesses the power of the elements to provide healing and rejuvenation beyond your imagination. The Equilibrium Programme is based on a concept of modern medicine that aims to reduce inflammation by focusing on psyche, nutrition, exercise, and therapy. The combination of these four areas help optimise the body’s natural recovery capabilities, and bring out a refreshing new sense of well-being.
• 7 indoor and outdoor thermal pools
• 1 sea salt pool
• Turkish bath and sauna
• Body & face treatments
• Personalised medical programmes
• Equilibrium – Revolutionary diet & rebalancing programme for a healthy life.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Meeting facilities (5 meeting rooms)
• Private XI-th century chapel
Extra Notable Features
• Wine and local produce tasting
- Cookery classes
- Vespa or vintage cars excursions
Hotel and restaurant Awards
2015 : Best Country Spa Hotel –Worlds Spa Awards
Number of employees