Katrin Rüfenacht has been working for Giardino Group since 9 years. She started as a Event Manager at the sister hotel Giardino Ascona. Once the Giardino Mountain opened in 2011 she took over as the General Manager.
5 Star Superior Luxury, Design Hotel
The Giardino Mountain is part of a small, fine collection of 5 stars hotels in Switzerland. The company is growing and new projects are in the pipeline. The hotels are niche products for people who look for relaxation and laid-back luxury.
History & Story
The hotel has been opened in 2011 as the mountain retreat of Giardino Group SA . Before it has been a local girls college for years. The building reflects the story of the place Champfèr with its architecture and charme.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
The hotel brings together local architecture and modern lifestyle. The hotel comprises seven Engadine properties with historic foundations, natural and elegant materials. Contemporary comfort defines the individually designed rooms.
The hotel is located in the outdoor heart of the of the Upper Engadine, with impressive skiing, mountain biking and hiking right on the doorstep, 2 kilometres from the fashionable resort town of St. Moritz. The hotel offers free shuttle service to the local ski slopes station of Corviglia to all guests.
Bar : every evening there is live music with DJ’s, creates convival moods The hotel offers cooking lessons with our Chefs on request During summer season the Executive Chef Markus Rose organises regular Mountain bike tours for the guests
Mountains Kids club (3 – 10 years) Freestyle Academy (11 -17 years)
Number of rooms in all:
• 4 Single Room
• 6 Double Room Small
• 46 Double Room Large
• 8 Junior Suite
• 4 Suite Small South
• 7 Suiten
• 1 Alpine Suite
•1 Mountain Suite
Dipiù Spa bathroom amenities, almost all rooms with balcony or terrace
Restaurants & Bars
• Restaurant Guardalej New Mediterranean cuisine with an Asian touch (15 Gault Millau)
• Stüva local, hearty, Engadine cuisine
• Ecco St. Moritz Exceptional, aromatic multiple award-cuisine (2 Michelin stars) / Winter season only •
• Indoor pool, sauna zone, jacuzzi, fitness and relaxation area, massages and beauty treatments (signature dipiù cosmetics line, Aveda products, QMS Medical Care) Hairstylist
• the cosmetic line dipiù has a special value as it is the owned and personally created cosmetic line of the CEO Daniela Frutiger. All ingredients are natural without paraffine and parabens and based on products from Ticino such as Lemon, almond, Merlot grapes etc.
Corporate & Celebration Events
Stüvetta 1 + 2 : Meeting and banquet room for max 20 people
During Summer season : Suite 109/8 : meeting room for 10 people
Extra Notable Features
Giardino Ayurveda retreat programme combined with Yoga during summer months July/August
tailor-made sport activities during summer months (for free) : sailing, paraglyding