Grand Hotel du Palais Royal
Grand Hotel du Palais Royal
4 rue de Valois
75 001 Paris – France
Small Luxury Hotels
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Matthieu Teyssier d’Orfeuil
5-star boutique-hotel, member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World
GRAND HOTEL DU PALAIS ROYAL
History & Story
The Grand Hôtel du Palais Royal is the only luxury hotel in the vicinity of the Palais Royal, a few steps away to the Louvre Museum. It combines the unique charm of the left bank on the Right Bank, and an ideal location to explore the cultural wonders of Paris. Nestling next to the Palais Royal, the character of the hotel draws upon this marriage between the past and present so typical of the City of Lights to bring together Parisian elegance and contemporary hospitality. The hotel has been completely renovated by Pierre-Yves Rochon to offer guests the quintessence of Parisian chic and each of the 68 rooms & suites enjoys a delicate décor and views over Paris. On the 7th and last floor, nestle the two “Signature” suites. They offer the charm of a Parisian apartment with their elegant and unique interiors. The Palais Royal Suite is very cosy, and it offers stunning views over Paris. From the terrace of our Panoramic Terrace Suite, you will be blown away by Paris’ skyline.
Hotel closed early 2012 to be completely refurbished by Pierre-Yves Rochon, and re-opened on the 8th of July 2013.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Our amazing location in the heart of Paris, opposite the Palais Royal garden and steps away to the Louvre Museum.
• Big floor-to-ceiling windows in every room. They are drenched with light.
• WiFi is complimentary.
Louvre Museum – Palais Royal – St Honore Street – Rivoli Street
Key sites/activities in the area
• The Louvre Museum for culture;
• The Palais Royal garden for nature;
• The very elegant Rue St Honoré for shopping
• The maze of narrow streets around the hotel for great restaurants & bars.
If you want to see the Fashion Week crowd, pop in, we are right in the heart of the happenings !
We do provide kids’ welcome for our young guests : sleepers & bathrobes, juices and chocolates, drawing kits…
• 68 rooms, split over 7 floors
• 42 Superior Rooms, 15 Deluxe Rooms, 7 Junior Suites, 2 one-bedroom Prestige Suites, 2 Signature Suites
• 11 pairs of connecting rooms
• 20 rooms (Superior Rooms & Junior Suites) have balconies, with beautiful views on Paris
• Very bright rooms
• Junior Suites and Prestige Suites can welcome families of 4 (sofa bed)
• On the 7th floor, 2 Signature Suites : the Palais Royal Suite is a Duplex, very cosy and perfect for couples/honeymooners. It also has a balcony overlooking the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre. The Panoramic Terrace Suite is like an apartment with its own private lift. It offers an amazing 20 sq.mt, big terrace, with breathtaking views over Paris.
Restaurants & Bars
• Le Lulli opens every day of the week for breakfast, lunch, and on weekends only for breakfast. Nestled at the edge of the discreet Place de Valois, the Lulli is a venue of choice when it comes to fine French cuisine.
• The executive chef Jean-Baptiste Orieux has been head chef at the Fouquet’s Barrière restaurant in Paris, formerly the Diane (1 Michelin Star), and joined the Grand Hôtel du Palais Royal in 2017. He offers traditional and modern cuisine and revisits the Lulli’s menu by offering mainly seasonal dishes, made from local, organic and sometimes gluten-free products.
• The Lounge Bar Le Lulli, intimate welcoming, opens everyday at noon (until around midnight) and has more than 30 different sorts of Champagne.
• Fitness and hammam are complimentary to all our guests.
• 2 treatment rooms with Spa By Absolution products are fully dedicated to our guests. One of them is a double cabin, ideal for couples, honeymooners…
• A beauty salon (hairdressing, manicure and pedicure with ESSIE corner) Carita products and ESSIE nail polishes are on sales
Corporate & Celebration Events
Our restaurant can be privatised for cocktails (up to 50 people) or for a seated lunch/dinner (up to 30 people).
Extra Notable Features
Grand Hôtel du Palais Royal features a beauty room with hairdresser, manicure, etc.
Number of employees