Grand Hotel Fasano & Villa Principe Italy
Grand Hotel Fasano & Villa Principe
Via Zanardelli 190, 25083, Gardone Riviera (BS)
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Mr. Mayr Olliver
GRAND HOTEL FASANO & VILLA PRINCIPE
History & Story
The Grand Hotel Fasano is a 5-star hotel on picturesque Lake Garda, the largest lake in Italy, located on the edge of the Dolomites halfway between Milan and Venice. The property was built in the nineteenth century as a hunting lodge by the Habsburgs, the last Imperial family of Austria. It was converted into one of the first Grand Hotels in the region in 1888. Today it provides a combination of historical charm and modern comforts, located directly at the lake side, and situated inside a lush 12,000 square-meter private garden.
The hotel has gone through an intensive renovation process started in 2005. During these 15 years it has been constantly refurbished and expanded, increasing the number of guest rooms as well as adding new services (a SPA was opened in 2007). The last renovation has been made in 2020 and another one is already planned for 2021. The renovation transformed the Grand Hotel Fasano from a 4* into 5*L hotel, now member of the Leading Hotel of the World. Our main goal is to reach the top of the Global Hospitality.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Historical building, family business touch, direct access to the Lake with private pier, 12,000 square-meter private garden, 4 restaurants, 3 bars, 1 wellness centre, 1 meeting room.
The Grand Hotel Fasano is located in Gardone Riviera, a small town directly on the Lake shore (South-West coast). Gardone town is only 15 minutes walking distance from the hotel, in the town centre there’s some shops, bars, restaurants, and also a pier, from where it’s possible to take the Ferry-boat and explore the whole Lake.
There are 2 main tourist attractions in Gardone town. The first and most famous is « The Vittoriale degli Italiani » – a hillside estate, where the Italian writer Gabriele d’Annunzio lived after his defenestration in 1922 until his death in 1938. The estate consists of the residence of d’Annunzio called the Prioria (priory), an amphitheatre, the protected cruiser Puglia set into a hillside, a boathouse containing the MAS vessel used by D’Annunzio in 1918 and a circular mausoleum. Its grounds are now part of the Grandi Giardini Italiani. The second famous tourist attraction is the « Giardino Botanico Fondazione André Heller », a botanical garden. The garden was established circa 1901 by Arturo Hruska, an Austrian dentist and botanist, who collected many species on the grounds of his villa, organized as a dense forest of bamboo, Japanese ponds, streams, and waterfalls, as well as alpine plants in ravines.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Number of suites: 1
The Grand Suite: 100 sm – The exclusive suites differ, from the other rooms, mainly due to the size and the equipment. These accommodations are available in two different categories: Grand Suite for those who are used to luxury and Family Suite for guests who need space and privacy. Room amenities – large bedroom(s) with bathroom(s), 2 balconies, air conditioning, safe, internet, minibar, espresso coffee machine, Bluetooth speaker, LCD television.
• Number of Luxury rooms: 78
• Comfort rear side: 25-27 sm – Ensuite bathroom, air conditioning, safe, internet, minibar, LCD television.
• Comfort J. Suite rear side: 35 sm – Small suite with lounge and bedroom, shower, air conditioning, safe, minibar, internet and LCD television
• Superior lake view: 25-27 sm – Ensuite bathroom, balcony (not all rooms), air conditioning, safe, Internet, minibar, LCD
• Deluxe lake view: 30-35 sm – Junior suite with bathroom, balcony, safe, air conditioning, internet, minibar and LCD television.
• Executive lake view: 40-50 sm – large bedroom with bathroom, balcony, air conditioning, safe, internet, minibar, espresso coffee machine, Bluetooth speaker, LCD television
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 79
Restaurants & Bars
We have different restaurant options, we don’t have any « All inclusive » or « Half-board « plans. These services are only available « A la carte » .
The chef for the hotel restaurants is Mr. Felter Matteo. The Chef for the « Darsena Shore Club », our outlet restaurant 3km far from the hotel location, is Mr. Fugagnoli Christian.
• “Il Fagiano” restaurant: 14 tables on the terrace (summer set-up)/ 9 tables in the restaurant room (low season set-up), fine dining, gourmet restaurant, available for dinner only– open for all the season long (2.04.2021 – 07.11.2021)
• “Trattoria il Pescatore”: 20 tables on the terrace (summer set-up), Italian seafood restaurant with meat options, an available for dinner only– open from May till September
• “Magnolia” restaurant: 15 tables, Italian classic cousine “al fresco” style, available for lunch only– open from May till September
• “La Darsena” restaurant & pizzeria: 40 tables outside (summer set-up)/ 20 tables inside (winter set-up), Italian moder cousine with an International touch – open for lunch and dinner from May till November
The Aqva Spa covers an area of more than 3.500 sm, offering 3 pools (a large indoor swimming pool connected to the external pools) 2 whirpools, 3 different saunas and 2 turkish bath rooms, relaxation areas and a Kneipp circuit. We also have a gym: the lake-view fitness center is supplied by Technogym with garden and lake view.
Additionally, we have a space dedicated to the cosmetics services and a corner with a hairdresser chair and tools (this is an external service, available upon request, on spot).
Corporate & Celebration Events
80 sqm meeting room, for up to 40 people, with day light and lake view.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Conde Nast Johansens “Award of Excellence 2021” – Best Waterside Hotel (Europe & the Mediterranean)
• Gambero Rosso Guide “Best Hotel Cocktail Bar 2021” (Bar “Gin Lounge”)
• Star Award Winner – Forbes Travel Guide
• Recognition of Excellence – Hotels Combined
• Michelin Guide 2019 (Restaurant “Il Fagiano”)
Number of employees
Approx 100 people