Grand Hotel Kempinski GenevaSwitzerland
Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva
Quai du Mont-Blanc 19 CH-1201
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
« My mission consists in perpetuating the European cultural legacy of the Kempinski group, with the aim of turning the Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva one of the most exclusive properties in the collection. It is team work that allows us to tend to perfection a little more every day.”
Thierry Lavalley, General Manager
A lover of cultures and civilisations, of relations between humans, of travels and traditions, Thierry Lavalley chose the hotel trade at an early age, essentially out of passion.
5-star Luxury Hotel.
Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva
History & Story
In 1885 the first part of the hotel was built, composed of a bowling, a theatre and a casino.
In May 1951 the “Grand Théâtre” was destroyed and from 1952 until 1962 the building is home of Opéra de Genève. The Council of the City of Geneva gives its approval for the reconstruction of a hotel, casino, bar, restaurants, boutiques and parking.
In 1980, there is the opening of Noga Hilton. From November 2006 until May 2007, the hotel is being refurbished and in October 2007 the official opening of Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva takes place.
• Lounge Renovation: 2 years ago;
• Bella Vista in 2014;
• Room refurbishment: 1st phase in 2015;
• Room refurbishment: 2nd phase in 2016.
• Room refurbishment: 3rd phase in 2017.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
• Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva is the largest, most unique 5* hotel in Switzerland offering a “destination in itself” with a range of facilities including 3 Restaurants, a Bar and Lounge, a 1400 sqm Spa, the largest private indoor swimming pool in Geneva, a Night Club, a 1350-seat Theatre, 14 private apartments and the largest suite in Europe.
• No other hotel in Geneva offers as many facilities combined with such a unique location and breathtaking views.
• The main strength is its panoramic view of the Jet d’Eau in every F&B outlet and in some rooms and most salons.
• 15 min away by car and 20 min away by train from Geneva Airport,
• 10 min walking from the train station,
• Free public transportation card provided to guests upon arrival.
Key sites/activities in the area
• The Jet d’eau
• The Old downtown
• Rue du Rhône
• The English Gardens
• Our own bees on the rooftop of the hotel (they produce our Nectar d’Or)
• The Kempinski Cow from Le Grill Restaurant
• Products provided from a farm in Avully
• Arnold Schwarzenegger is a loyal client of our cigar shop in the hotel
Kempinski Kids Club is in charge of entertaining and supervising in a safe and fun environment the children between 3 to 8 years old. One bright and colorful room is equipped with early learning games and welcomes children ages 3 to 5; while a second room for children ages 5 to 8 has a television, Wii video game console and board games.
Kempinski Kids Club is open from 12:00 to 16:00 on Sundays.
Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva has 412 rooms including 33 suites and 14 residences. Most of them are privileged to have the stunning view of Lake Léman and Jet d’Eau, the symbolic representation of the city and also on the Mont-Blanc Mountain.
All rooms and suites are elegant and spacious, possessing just that extra touch of refinement and elegance. All our rooms provide iPads for the guests.
Types: Single, Superior, Premium Patio, Premium Lake, Deluxe, Deluxe Lake.
Versatile and chic, Geneva’s most luxurious and impressive suites fulfill your every desire. The surprisingly contemporary design contrasts beautifully with the traditional city charm.
Types of suits: Junior Suite Patio, Junior Suite City, Deluxe Suite, Executive Suite.
• Presidential Suite
• Bel Horizon Suite
• Cologny Suite
• Bella Vista Suite
• Geneva Suite (1080 sqm).
Restaurants & Bars
• Il Vero
The Italian cuisine,
• Le Grill
Expertly prepared steak
• Tsé Yan
Traditional Chinese cuisine
• The FloorTwo Lounge
The perfect setting for both business lunches and informal meet ups. The FloorTwo bar is the place to be on every night of the week.
•There is a “Signature Dish” ( »Perch fillets Meunière style ») that is always available in house and it is a typical local dish, prepared with Kempinski style. The dish can be discovered at Floor Two Lounge and Le Grill.
• Ambassador of Swiss cosmetic excellence the world over, Valmont is enjoying a homecoming as it showcases itssavoir-faire at Le Spa, located in the Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva. Covering more than 1,400 m² of space adorned with precious finery and featuring luxurious treatment cabins, a spa suite and baths, the Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva spa offers a world of well-being enhanced by the expertise of Valmont cosmetic products, perpetuating the art of superlative indulgence.
The hotel also provides the largest private indoor swimming pool in the city of Geneva, private hammam and relaxation room.
• The 250 sqm Fitness Centre is dedicated to sports and exercise and offers the latest generation of gym equipment, a sauna and steam room. Training lessons: Pilates, Stretching, Aerobics, Private lessons etc. The fitness center is managed by the Olympic Champion: Cédric Grand.
Corporate & Celebration Events
The hotel features one of the city’s largest conference infrastructures: small or large, intimate or strategic, personal or professional, all events have their place here. There are 13 flexible meeting rooms to answer to the strong demand for professional seminars, including 10 offering natural daylight, a collection of splendid lake views and terraces overlooking the Lake Geneva and Jet d’Eau.
From a wedding or Kiddouche to a brit milah, bar mitzvah or bat mitzah, the Grand Hotel Kempinski Geneva event planning team is available to help you celebrate life’s most precious moments in a unique ambiance.
Extra Notable Features
There is a 1,300-seat theater (Théâtre du Léman) also tucked away inside of this modern complex.
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• 2015: Switzerland’s Leading Business Hotel (World Travel Awards)
• “Il Vero” Restaurant has received 14 out of 20 Gault et Millau (one of the most influential French restaurant guides).
Number of employees